What's new

Auto Haze hybreeds

J

joejusttyped

The Sky Haze/AF Haze/Thaipand could be called SKY HIGH THAI, or SKY HIGH HAZE. ;)

zedhead

Hey LBH, those are beautiful auto haze lines you are working on! :)

It's nice to see autohaze being used to breed other regular strains into auto strains.
There's loads of auto-indica strains available.. We want auto-sativas!! :D

I'm excited now because I have decided to start a new auto haze project. I've just ordered a pack of ACE PurpleHaze (OT) x MeaoThai - I plan to use a male to pollinate an autoAK47 for the f1 cross.
I did plan on buying OldTimer's Haze IBL from ACE but couldn't find it stocked anywhere.
I still need to get a pack of autoAK47 but theres no rush just yet, I just started a load of regular seeds for indoors anyway, so I'll be short on space for a few months.

The FON autohaze and several other seed lines in my collection had disease problems which I couldn't fix, so they have been terminated. I'm starting fresh with new seeds now. :)

Having had a read through your thread I see you are also using PurpleHaze/MeaoThai in your autohaze projects.
How is the smoke from them? ..Do the psychedelic properties of the haze/thai come out well in the auto hybrid?

Keep up the good work man..

Peace :ying:
Zed

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Zedhead great too hear bro you restart your work on autoflowering Haze sounds like great mix i only mix in green haze x meao thai and my mix too auto is high psychedelic like the ace haze mix . i crossing this also now too neville Haze ,seedmans ohaze and ace panama x ot haze and more.
i use a male too on the green haze x thai but if you have the space and time i will goo for female ACE PurpleHaze (OT) x MeaoThai too auto AK male and also male ACE PurpleHaze (OT) x MeaoThai too female auto ak and bring those back wen you have autoflowering (i think F3 but not all)
hope you understand my bad english.

zedhead

LBH, hello mate. Your English is a lot better than my Dutch..! Lol..

Yeh, I see what you're saying - Making the f1 cross twice but swapping round the male and female in 2nd cross. This would give a much wider gene-pool and crossing them back at f3 or so should keep the hybrid vigour. :)

Using an f1 (PHaze/MThai) as a breeding parent will also give variation and won't breed true for all traits but then, pure haze itself doesn't breed true. I'm happy with that as I want the autos I breed to have a good variety of phenos.. I'm aiming for fully auto with a variety of sativa qualities.

Really it depends on how many plants I can grow out in each generation. For the outdoor crops I'll probably need to grow guerilla style, which has it's downfalls. To start with I'll work indoors until I have created seeds from from a few auto phenos. I'm expecting to find a few autos in the f2. With the FON autohaze f2s, from 45 plants there were 9 autos, so 20% auto (this is from memory so I could be slightly out ;)). The f2 autos each had their own pheno but some were similar.

I think starting 100 or more f2s would give a good selection of auto phenos from which to choose the parents for the f3 seed. A breeder really does have to be ruthless and kill/remove all phenos that do not meet the requirements, keeping the few that fit the bill.

I remember how 45 young f2 FON plants looked crammed into a small loft grow, 10cm square pots touch edge to edge, in a space less than 1Mx1M. The plants getting bigger and bigger, and more squashed together while I'm waiting for the autos to show, lol. Hoping they would hurry up so I can get rid of the non-autos and make some space.! :D

Well the PurpleHaze/MeaoThai seeds have arrived.. I'll let you know how they're doing once I've germinated them. :)

Peace,
Zed

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
keep us updated zed
only remember semi-auto's go flowring in small root space beter too use bigger pot/soil and plant more in one pot

zedhead

Hello LBH.. My project has hit a little snag.

Here's what I posted on the UK thread..

AAAAAHHH....!!! The virus strikes again! :(

Hello people.. I'm gutted because my seedlings are showing symptoms of tobacco mosaic virus again.

To get rid of it I'll have to get rid of my budbox tents as is almost impossible to remove every speck of virus infected dust from them.. Thoroughly cleaned them twice with H2O2, along with all other grow equipment.. But once I'd got everything up and running and I switched on the fan I could see dust particles blowing about. When I saw that I had a bad feeling the virus would be back.

So, all breeding plans are now shelved. I'm just gonna continue to grow a few lame plants under a 250w HPS to keep me in weed, so I'm not spending a fortune buying it. I don't see how I can get rid of the virus without replacing virtually all my grow equipment (though the electrical bits should be ok) and setting up fresh in a new house!! Thas was the plan when I moved here, except I f*cked up by bringing contaminated equipment here from the old house.. What a bitch!

Anyway, I'm past stressing about it now. Thought I should let you guys know situation.

Peace,
Zed

the END

I remember how 45 young f2 FON plants looked crammed into a small loft grow, 10cm square pots touch edge to edge, in a space less than 1Mx1M. The plants getting bigger and bigger, and more squashed together while I'm waiting for the autos to show, lol. Hoping they would hurry up so I can get rid of the non-autos and make some space.! :D
Peace,
Zed

Hey there Zed, Super Bummed to hear about your Virus problem:comfort:

On the Other hand, After reading this little section, I came up with a question...
That is, Say you were to pollinate ALL of the selection (or at least just the nice plants, regardless of auto or not) You can still search for that auto gene in later generations from the batches that came from the Semi-autos, right?... I understand it might take longer, but I feel maybe there would be some sort of phenotypical benefit, possibly ranging more to the Sativa end of the spectrum by selecting the plants that obviously were reluctant to autoflower in early generations?. Maybe its not much of a question, just a little food for thought...

Good luck man!! it doesn't get much better than Auto -Sativa haze's

thanks!

zedhead

Hey theEND..

An interesting idea.. I would expect you would still have auto phenotypes pop up in later generations, even if the parental line (f1 onwards) had only ever been non-auto phenos. Though finding them would become increasingly unlikey the further on down the line of generations, which would probably make it even less likely to find the closely matching male and female plants of the desirable pheno in terms of size, shape, structure etc that also displayed the auto trait.

If you were to breed several generations and only select the non-autos, you would in effect be breeding the auto trait out of the line/strain. It would probably still appear here and there for quite a few generations. I don't know if the auto trait in caused by a single gene or multiple but seperate genes working together, or if there are several seperate genes (or groups of genes) which can each influence autoflowering independantly- I think that would be quite a factor. If it's a single gene or multple genes working together I think auto-trait would be bred out after only a few generations of selecting non-auto parents. If there are several genes (or several different possible combinations small groups of genes) which can independantly influence autoflowering the auto-trait would be more likely to survive many generations of not selecting auto parents. I think the trait is probably caused by multiple genes which can work together in different combinations. As genes can be dominant or recessive there would be many combinations which could influence auto-trait but would not be apparent in a pheno (of any generation) if the genes were recessive in that individual.

I would say, with the auto gene (or genes) not having direct influence on the other traits you should be able to select for the other traits (size, shape, structure, high, taste etc) in the phenos that auto in the earlier generations. Though if you have a specific pheno in mind you would probably need to have a large selection of autos in order to find the male and female auto which display the desired size, shape, structure etc. As the auto trait causes plants to mature early and therefore have less growing time, selecting for large phenos will have it's limits. The amount of time needed to ripen the flowers/buds can be selected thru breeding to be close to the flowering time of original sativa used in the f1 cross. As the veg period of autos is more-or-less genetically determined rather than enviromentally with daylight hours, it is only the extra size gained in vegative growth which would be lost - that's if you were lucky enough to find and breed-on the ideal pheno each generation to continue the combintion of traits you want to keep.

I wasn't expecting it to take so long to type the reply but once I began to think about the possibilties it became more complex and lengthy.. 2hrs just past! Lol.

Peace all,
Zed

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
here in Amsterdam we must have the most rain summer ever :lightning: its not good here too grow outdoor this year

here some pictures of the thaipan x auto haze x thai x ace haze
i call them now LBH's Autoflowering Thai Haze :)
i take the pictures indoor do the rain but they grow in garden outside
(the only good thing of all this rain is that i can see they are verry mold and fungus resistant)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Hi there LBH!
Same here with the shitty Summer. To make it even worst no money/time to have holidays in hotter places, damn i feel cold!
Your plant looks good anyway.
All the best

Hello buena, nice work on your projects as always!

Hey Zedhead, I remember always reading your threads/posts on that forum that doesn't exist anymore, I don't even remember the name anymore haha.
Anyway, are you familiar with the strain thaipan? It's a full sativa auto plant (I've grown it this year outdoor). As maybe you know, both indicas and sativas can have autoflowering phenos and thaipan is one of them. Using the thaipan (which is completely sativa and auto-flowering) would eliminate the need for using a lowryder based hybrid like auto ak47. Thus making your strain 100% sativa.
Just a thought for you.

Greetings

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks
here some pictures of my new try too make fem seeds

remember this Blue Haze girl grow under poor conditions
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i had make seeds with here with a auto(Ace OT Haze x Meao Thai)X autoflowering Blue Haze male F2
and selected this new girl for the fem seed run i stress her a lot with colloidal silver and she dint turn easy in to male but now she start too show the male balls .
here her pictures she looks bad do the stressing and she now growing outside too
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

here some pictures of the Fem seedmaking Mom's they 2 weeks old
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

left autoflowering SDH x autoflowering Haze
right autoflowering SDH short pheno
middel 3pots of test auto Jack herrer cross Fem
that a had maked last time

i have some other rooms with autoflowering Jack too cross this shemale too for fem seeds but i make pictures if i have time for that room

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
owow, the thing with the AF is that it will sex so early and apparently can grow so tall. My questions have to do with how you get the AF plants so big before they AF. How long until those tall plants bud. My question mate is regarding the length of grow with those big plants. Are you able to grow that big tall thai in short time? Those look great!

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guy's first they veg till 4/5 weeks dipends on the cross/strain
and like other Haze/Sativa they grow longer in flowering too and they flower also longer that the inca/auto's the exstreme sativa's up til 16 weeks like pure Haze

peace

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
Here is LBH's Blue Ruder Haze @ latitude north 62, eastern Finland

carrying seeds to the f2 generation (open pollination)

Much respect you crazy flying dutchman! :wave: :tiphat:

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice my friend the seedplants look great!!

info on the LBH's Blue Ruder Haze
is a cross of LBH's auto Blue Haze#1 X (Suomo-PrKl's) Pehkuruder af

love this picture
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts