What's new

Auto Flowering Questions

budbrain007

Greetings everyone! First I'd like to say that I'm very pleased with the one-and-only Sweet seeds strain I've grown--SAD. Last time I got ~ 8oz. dried and cured from the 1 SAD plant in the grow!

My questions involve Sweet seeds auto-flowering strains. First off, my set-up:

FLOWER:

1) 4.5' X 4.5' X 7' tent
2) Blockbuster 6" air cooled reflector
3) Solis-Tek 1000w digital ballast
4) Hortilux 1000w HPS bulb

VEG:

1) 2.5' X 5' X 6.5' tent
2) Badboy T5, 6 tube/4ft. (324 watts total)

I run a perpetual type grow: 4 plants veg, as the 4 plants (grown "tree" style) finish in the flower tent. My yields average 26-29 oz. dried and cured. I've never grown Autos.

So, my question is, if I grow 4-5 Autos for 3 weeks in the veg tent as the previous crop finishes in the flower tent, then transplant and transfer them to the flower tent and under the 1000w HPS, can I average 3.5-4 oz PER PLANT. Is this realistic for Autos?

If this is possible, then because of the shorter rearing time for the Autos, I should be able to do 2 grows in just over the time it takes me to do 1 grow now. So, if I could consistently get 15-16 oz. per 4-5 Autos/grow, I could consistently exceed my present yields.

Any thoughts from those more experienced with Autos would be most appreciated! Also, which Sweet Seeds Auto strains would you suggest?

Thanks,

Bud

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi bro, i will try to help you with Tommy's reply to other grower.

With autos it is really very important that they have the best conditions in their first 3-4 weeks. Because after that they will start flowering "automatically" no matter the size they have. If you don't give them good light in the first weeks you will get small plants no matter how good the grow parameters are during flowering.

You can treat them like any other plant but, with non-autos there's no major problem if you have them small when they are 25 days from germination because you have all the time you want to vegg them and get them with a good structure before they start flowering. With autos you only have 20-25 days, after that they will start flowering no matter the size and looks they have at the moment. So it's very important that they are well treated in the first weeks.

To grow them I would start with them in small pots, like 0,5l pots or smaller. In the first 2 weeks I would keep them indoors under CFL lights so that they have all the light they need and in the right spectrum. With CFL you can get the light very close to the plants and that will be important in the first days so that they don't stretch looking for light. After the first 10-15 days, you can start with HPS light. At around day 15-18 it's time for the transplant. If you're going to use pots I advice that they should have at least 15 litres of capacity. Ideal would be 25 litres or planted directly in the soil if the soil is good.

Then you just have to treat them with love and wait for a couple of months. They will still grow and stretch their branches during the first stage of flowering, like until day 35 since germination.

Besides this if you share with us your experience, using this thread (or a new one if you prefer), to tell us how things are going and with pics if possible, we will be glad to join you in your adventure with Sweet seeds Auto and share more advice that comes to mind by then.

I recommend to you strains like Green Poison auto, Mandarine Auto, Cream Caramel Auto, Big Devil, or the new line RED Family. I really think you never go wrong with any of our Autos.

See you around my friend, all good to you and your plants Sweet smokes.

Jaypp

budbrain007

Thanks very much for the info! So, do you think it's realistic to get 14-16 ozs. from 4-5 auto's in my set-up? I guess I'm really asking if auto's yield the same as their non-auto flowering counterparts?

Thanks,

Bud

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi dude, i think yes, with autos you can get the same yield if you are careful with the parameters.
If you grow some of them, don't forget to post some pictures and/or comments to the plants in this subforum .

See you around, sweet smokes!

jaypp

Latest posts

Latest posts