What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Durban x Auto Duck F1 - Bx To Duck

NeDank

Here are some budshots of the most unaffected buds. Last two are Auto Duck

100_0826.JPG
100_0825.JPG
100_0824.JPG
100_0823.JPG
100_0822.JPG

NeDank

Day 55

Guys sorry for the way the plants look. I've been told on another forum to start alternating my water/feed schedule to feed water feed instead of constant feed. Constant feeding is how I've always done it but this time it's causing problems as you will see. Also I ordered a min/max humidity temperature gauge to find out if humidity might be playing a roll as well. Well I guess there is nothing else to say but on to the pics so lets get started.

100_0832.JPG
100_0830.JPG
100_0829.JPG
100_0828.JPG
100_0827.JPG

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last time I write it 😅:

- 24/0 h light cycle is very tricky with autos you have to run after calcium deficiency , you need balanced cal mag complex to add with nutes .
+ plants under leds are heavy feeder on cal/mag .

on 24/0 It should be like hydro feeding .

:tiphat:

NeDank

Last time I write it 😅:

- 24/0 h light cycle is very tricky with autos you have to run after calcium deficiency , you need balanced cal mag complex to add with nutes .
+ plants under leds are heavy feeder on cal/mag .

on 24/0 It should be like hydro feeding .

I add 1/2 tablespoon epsom salts every water. Is this not enough cal/mag?

NeDank

Day 1 flush

Starting flush on the three unseeded plants today. Can't wait to try them

Last edited:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I add 1/2 tablespoon epsom salts every water. Is this not enough cal/mag?

No that's not good, that's magnesium only.

"Magnesium sulfate is usually encountered in the form of a hydrate MgSO[SUB]4[/SUB]·nH[SUB]2[/SUB]O, for various values of n between 1 and 11. The most common is the heptahydrate MgSO[SUB]4[/SUB]·7H[SUB]2[/SUB]O, known as Epsom salt, which is a household chemical with many traditional uses, including bath salts."

NeDank

No that's not good, that's magnesium only.

"Magnesium sulfate is usually encountered in the form of a hydrate MgSO[SUB]4[/SUB]·nH[SUB]2[/SUB]O, for various values of n between 1 and 11. The most common is the heptahydrate MgSO[SUB]4[/SUB]·7H[SUB]2[/SUB]O, known as Epsom salt, which is a household chemical with many traditional uses, including bath salts."

I'll buy a bottle of calmag+

NeDank

I totally flopped this grow so far. Epsom salt was not a good source of calmag so this hole time I been using it for nothing. I also may have fertilized too much. Luckily we are at the end of the grow with only a few weeks left.

As a side note I've decided to go back to organics for the next grow. Today I ordered from amazon BioThrive Grow, Bloom, and Calmag+. Yay no more calmag issues!

NeDank

I think the ladies will love their first dose of calmag+. Not much fading going on yet on the 4 unseeded plants. One will be getting chopped tomorrow the others a week or two after.

On to the pics

100_0837.JPG
100_0836.JPG
100_0835.JPG
100_0834.JPG
100_0833.JPG
100_0838.JPG

NeDank

100_0849.JPG
100_0848.JPG
100_0851.JPG
Today I cut down another of the Durban x Duck F1's and hung it whole to dry. I'm going to try dry trimming on that one.

Also to take it's place I planted 2 Red Poison Auto in a 5 gallon fabric pot bought on amazon.

NeDank

My closet smells amazing!

+ Random comments

Just bought a Trim Bin from amazon for the dry trim girl while watching tv.
The last remaining unseeded Durban x Duck will go another week. She is now starting to yellow a bit here and there so another week will be about right.

Last edited:

NeDank

Chopped the last two unseeded Auto Durban x Duck today

Got a few picys for you so hope all enjoy

100_0852.JPG
100_0853.JPG
100_0854.JPG
100_0855.JPG

Amynamous

Nedank,
Webbed leaves seem to be recessive genes by seeing your cross .
Backcross won't bring them back .
You would have more chance to dig the f2 and f3 from your cross for that .
To keep a recessive gene you have to cross it with similar one.

Webbed leaves are recessive. Making an F2 will result in 25% webbed leafed plants and the genetics inherited from the parents will be 50/50. Back crossing the F1 to the duck will result in 50% webbed leafed plants and the genetics inherited from the parents will be 75% from the duck and 25% from the durban.

NeDank

Webbed leaves are recessive. Making an F2 will result in 25% webbed leafed plants and the genetics inherited from the parents will be 50/50. Back crossing the F1 to the duck will result in 50% webbed leafed plants and the genetics inherited from the parents will be 75% from the duck and 25% from the durban.

Thanks for explaining it to me, this is really helpful! I was hopeful there might be some webbed leaves in the bx but wasn't entirely sure due to the recessive nature of it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

EXACTLY!! And having TWO recessives....it's a juggle. Good luck!