What's new

Auto Ak 47 average outdoor yield?

C

ChynaRyder

kinda the last thing I would like to say about autos, is this notion that they are not potent is bunk. Start your gene aquisition in the right spot and they are great. This notion that some have that the genepool is weakened by crosses and subsequent seed production is bunk, and ignores thousands of years of selective breeding*. This notion that autos dont yield is bunk, wait till Sour 60 and Mish Mash get out there, and are grown in different ways.

*Dr. Bud Greengenes, I appreciate your viewpoint, and have a new repect for you and your talents, :respect: dont judge a book by its cover, folks. But, you need to open your mind to the thought that a lot of the rudy work thats been done since the 80's was bad work.

hilbie

u guys just dont get that half the genes are bunk and half are epic, theirs no way around this untill chemist go in and engineer the geonome of cannabis and this isnt going to happen for some time. you have some of the traits u want and some u dont want ad infitnitum, sour sixty or whatver else comes out is just the same thing over again, half great, half shit. i grew out diseals last summer, nice smoke, so was the lowrdyer 2, and yes yeilds were 15-20 grams, but just dont get your hopes to high, and esp when you indoor guys could run absolutely epic strains that finish in only two more weeks of growth with a higher yeild also, im not here in the auto section to bash them im just not into false hope and the belief that theese strains are special, there half bunk, people that smoke skunk n kush locally wouldnt even buy the diseal ryder after smoking it, yet some people said it put them in orbit, its all what your used to smoking-

DIRT DIGGLER

Every auto ak I have grown indoors has yielded 40-50 grams dry sometimes more,
as for outdoors I am also curious?..I gotta a couple thousand beans, so I guess I'll find out come spring...lol
hilbie as for auto's not being up to par as far as potency goes..this might be true.
but to say auto's will ALWAY'S lack in this department is complete bullshit,IMO.
MJ has advanced immensely through the achievements of successful breeding programs over the decades,auto's will improve just the same overtime.
I suggest you check out "the botany of desire" documentry.
it'll simplify things as to how MJ has evolved since the 60's...
I believe auto's will one day be comparable in potency to regular 12/12 strains..
probably not that far down the road either..
I respect your opinion although to say such things, is ignorant and uninformed..
those chemist's you where talking about are guys like us with a love for these sacred plants...who wish to make improvements for our own satisfaction aswell as for the greater good of the world..lol.
Elite's didnt just pop up out of nowhere overnight,they where bred to be elite,
give auto's sometime and you might not be as much of a naysayer.
Like I said earlier I respect your opinion..although I would have to disagree.

C

ChynaRyder

How can you argue with someone that has no concept of plant breeding. With each of these crosses to the elite 12/12 strains the rudy becomes less of the genotype.

Look at the American Chestnut (ac) breeding project. Ac was crossed with Chinese Chestnut (cc), a tree that is pretty much bunk, except it has resistance to Chestnut Blight. After the initial cross, we have 50/50 ac/cc. Each successive back cross to the ac, and successive selection for ac traits and blight resistance, brings it closer to a true ac, with the magical ability to resist blight. The project is almost there, and the American Chestnut will rise again. Its all right there folks, figure it out. The last I will say on it.

Bighill

If we adopted the attitude that hilbie has, we would never have progressed this far with 12/12 strains. You think that one guy who smoked that shitty hemp in china 2,000 years ago found an ELITE CLONE ONLY hemp patch?! Don't think so mate, long selection process brought about your beloved "12/12" strains. In time they will have to add a new catagory to the cannabis cup, i am sure!

While I believe that there were some good points made both for and against AF's most don't answer the question. First I have seen Auto AK yield anywhere between 25 & 63 grams outdoors. Overall it can do this in almost any climate due to it's short season. As far as quality goes, if given all day full sun during the peak of summer than it can hang with most strains. Given it isn't as strong as some of the best(c99, hazes, etc). Also the biggest thing that I didn't see anything about is GG. I have seen all of the Guerilla Gold varieties outdoor and it is on a whole diferent scale than the other AF's. Yields range from 2 to 7.6 oz's. Quality in all variants is stronger than any other AF I've seen. You can get varieties with Indica tendencies, Sativa tendencies, or very balanced hybrid tendencies. One note I have about GG is that different phenotypes can be anywhere from moderately photosensitive to full blown AF. Also time from seed to harvest is longer than other AF's however I still have never seen any GG need to go past Sep. 27 most are done by Sep. 12.

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
GG is not AF, it is only photosensitive. Maybe it does have some AF tendencies but I would never call it AF. I hope that it does have AF genes for it could serve as an excellent base for future AF's if we could breed it out.

hilbie

top notch weed has always been around long before the 60s, sorry if north america didnt get it but in parts of asian its always been there, nothings changed. Read smoke reports, so many brand name smokes from various seed banks getting top notch dollar and never getting bought again after one run, there just were to shitty, and its a long list of dissatisfaction if you read the thread at ic on strains so lets not act like weeds evolved, like wise friends have grown pot of gold indoor and gotten 4k a pound for it and it rather smoke a good mexican any day of the week, the high is better n stronger and buy far. i think its funny when people from one spot of the world think that weeds changed when all thats changed is the shipping. everyones smoking blends because the goal of breeders has always been potency plus yeild, yes thats changed and changed also do to shippiing,,, shipping in beans from all over like south africa for instance. so breeding has changed but the high of this strain is what is was long time ago and the high of that is what it was long ago as well, but now there blended. dont hold your breath waiting for autos to take the lead. that need of you guys for the auto trait always brings with it so much unwanted crap, outdoor there the best, indoor to grow them u have to prefer less then the best-

and china may have cheap hemp, but cannabis is a tropical plant, around the eqautor its the same shit its always been, i smoke thai in thailand , it was mexi weed and thats pretty much it, potent as hell and layed u out- i think with erb being grown indoor nowadays with hps light without any ultra violet lights is the reason why alot of times i prefer commercial weed to privately grown, the high isnt as complex. i will say this never grow quicksilver , its an auto that attitude carries, no matter how much u smoke u cant get high, top cola for me the size of a wine bottle too-

cannabis cup is total b.s, the judges just sit there and smoke one strain after the other, means nothing-

Bighill

THC is still the same chemical yes, it's at what amount and with what combination of other cannabinoids, that selection has brought about. The same will happen with Autos..

Sorry for the high jack.. I've never grown Auto AK outside, but i am doing a run of them next summer. Ran some snow ryders indoors.. some gave 7 grams others closer to a full OZ.. Select good parents for your seed run and you'll do ok.

hilbie

THC is still the same chemical yes, it's at what amount and with what combination of other cannabinoids, that selection has brought about. The same will happen with Autos..

Sorry for the high jack.. I've never grown Auto AK outside, but i am doing a run of them next summer. Ran some snow ryders indoors.. some gave 7 grams others closer to a full OZ.. Select good parents for your seed run and you'll do ok.

yes and those chemicals have always been the same, haze plants, pure tropical sativas have always been there, now we have blends with indicas which have the same chemicals theve always had, etc etc..

but yeah autos outside are incredible, i dont have 5 months to grow outside-

and thats why autos genes have always been shit and always will, and when u cross them with killer strians they will impart there shit in them, and u can cross your plants the best u can, you will have no uniformity, just like top notch strains like jack herrer, its a blend of soooooooo many style of cannabis with but one special phenotype, why? because the majority of the plants are just off springs of all the others used in its creation, its the law of regression to the mean, eugenics isnt practiced with people simply becuase of this, it doesnt work, thats why people clone weed- and thats why i laught when people get hyped on the newest cherry almond hagen dass tripe haze skunk herreer mint diesel crossed with lemon purple urkle double sour bubble gum and grow it and find its just weed that smell like weed and maybe has one special plant in 30 that u would actually want to save.

Outside autos are the best!!

I have seen alot of GG grown and most are moderately photosensitive. However i have had many phenotypes, especially GG #3, that will flower even under 24 hr.'s light. I usually stick with the photosensitive phenotypes because i try to keep a mother. However some of the AF phenotypes are just as potent and still finish early to mid September. I have actually had a couple finish in August. Even the photosensitive strains usually flower under anything less than 18hr of light so outdoors they perform like a AF.

hilbie

sativa id luv to get some gorilla gold but ive been useing attitude seedbank and they dont carry them, were do u guys come across them? im in northamerica

I got GG years ago from unleashdagreen however i'm not sure if that is still how to get them. I read something abouth Greens stopping breeding them however he said they would still be available. The only thing i can say is look through Greens old posts in the outdoor fourm. Also you could check out seedbay.

Bighill

thats why people clone weed- and thats why i laught when people get hyped on the newest cherry almond hagen dass tripe haze skunk herreer mint diesel crossed with lemon purple urkle double sour bubble gum and grow it and find its just weed that smell like weed and maybe has one special plant in 30 that u would actually want to save.

Outside autos are the best!!

I want to quote that for a sig.. :laughing: ohh man that one got a good chuckle. I know what you are trying to say. I just fall into that small niche of people who can put auto's to use outside.. My first avg frost is soo early. Auto's are pretty much my only choice if i want to harvet for sure.

GG didn't finish 2 seasons.. Had odd ball strains finish, but just didn't do it for me. AF has come miles from the last time i dabbled.

Auto AK seemed the best choice for me outside. big yeild for auto's, and a good smoke. Sold as far as i can tell. Have yet to run it outdoors though So i reserve to right to alter my inital feelings.

vicious bee

Guerilla gold available later this month at unleashthegreen. What I would like, getting picky now, is something in between Guerilla gold and Autos. Three months then done with good smoke. Not necessarily haze but good smoke. I believe Guerilla gold #2 fits that description closely. It should be done end of August in the Northern Hemi..

FrostAie

I have some autoak47 seeds and have been growing a few indoors for a quick harvest and am also curious at how well they will grow from may-end of june I pollinated with a quick showing big ass male to the bushiest females so hopefully I get a hundred seeds and then I will use my gps to plot them in the wild with lots of peat moss polymer crystals and maybe a watering during drought. I have many copters that fly over everywhere but they dont start till end of july :)

bromhexine

look at the difference between lowryder1 and the new hybrids like autoak and deisel ryder its obvious theres a huge jump in quality and it seems logical that the more times you breed it back to a 12/12 while isolating the auto that you're going to get something very special.