What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

authentic real durban poison?

Rastafarout

Premium user
Its recent -ish Transkei not DP incase anyone missed the sarcasm

This here is way closer to the old DP …

IMG_8457.png
IMG_8458.png

IndicaFarmer

Damn rastafarout, that plant, transkei or durban, rocks! i love the little clump protrusions of hairs. I've always thought durban was a catch all term fir basically any weed that was shipped from the port od durban. could have been grown anywhere in that region of Africa, but they slapped that name on as a marketing gimmik. though, that aside, most true Durbans had certain basic characteristics of flavour, high and appearance of flower structure and colorization. simple things that many african varieties from that area or ecological zone express. anis scent and or licorice flavor being one, wheat spike flower morphology, terrific electric high and so on. please post more pics Rastafarout, your stuff looks awesome and old school. I was quite happy with the khalifa seeds/ love of landrace variety dubbed durban. regardless of its true origin, i enjoy the high, structure, look, not the taste but the high is very uplifting. plants are tuff and grow themselves pretty much. topping is a must indoors, they get tall as shit otherwise.

Rastafarout

Premium user
Damn rastafarout, that plant, transkei or durban, rocks! i love the little clump protrusions of hairs. I've always thought durban was a catch all term fir basically any weed that was shipped from the port od durban. could have been grown anywhere in that region of Africa, but they slapped that name on as a marketing gimmik. though, that aside, most true Durbans had certain basic characteristics of flavour, high and appearance of flower structure and colorization. simple things that many african varieties from that area or ecological zone express. anis scent and or licorice flavor being one, wheat spike flower morphology, terrific electric high and so on. please post more pics Rastafarout, your stuff looks awesome and old school. I was quite happy with the khalifa seeds/ love of landrace variety dubbed durban. regardless of its true origin, i enjoy the high, structure, look, not the taste but the high is very uplifting. plants are tuff and grow themselves pretty much. topping is a must indoors, they get tall as shit otherwise.
Lots of people think that , I mean it did become like that once it’s got so popular they would slap that name on ,
Everything that was decent all of a sudden became DP
So much so that gifs became a term for good Stuff
You had to specifically say first grade DP
and know what you were looking for , It was always small tight red haired not like rooibaard , but noticeable
The smell strong aniseed and liquorice and a super amped high

Most stuff from Africa is good smoke and
all are very vigorous ,
so I hear you on liking what you got
But I just don’t like tall stories and mirrors for a quick buck on a plants good reputation …they are ruining

Kimes

Do you have pics of dem Khalifan Durbans, asking for a friend.. ;)
:smokeit:

IndicaFarmer

Do you have pics of dem Khalifan Durbans, asking for a friend.. ;)
:smokeit:
yeah ill try to upload/find them. im terrible wuith documenting and taking pictures and descriptions. i just like the plants around. the smell, the grren leaf sweet funk when the lights go off, tc. i love dirt, the smell the fungal freshness of it. my gf, not so much. we fight over this hobby a lot. obsessionas happen, especially with antisocial semi autistic folk like myself! but in all seriousness, ill route them out an post em. they are not attractibve mind you, had a mite issue for a bit bedfore i learned to sterilize the soil with boiling water. but i let them all go to seed, they look thinner i think when densly seeded. denser, tighter, smaller and not impressive for todays instagram standards.

Latest posts

Latest posts