What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australia's Norfolk Island to export high-grade medicinal cannabis to Canada

N

noyd666

medical cannabis is being trailed in N.S.W AUSTRALIA I believe, is a bit of a mystery at moment, bit like game of thrones.

dddaver

Veteran
I read this thinking it was a done deal. I thought, "Wow, the gov't in oz must have really changed something that I never heard about. I thought there was no MMJ anywhere there. But then this place is just a territory, maybe they found a loop-hole."

Upon further investigation I found out it is NOT a done deal, it's more just some rich fuckers figuring out how they can get even more rich. I was at first also wondering why any MMJ program like Canada would even want Sativa's and thought it was Indica's that were more beneficial for MMJ. And figured, "Well, Sativa's do grow better in warmer places like that island", so maybe.

Then I find out this place only has 1200 residents. Again, this whole deal is only speculation and wishful thinking by some really rich fuckers who only want to get richer. I just hate biased, unfactual, slanted, propgandized, "NEWS" reporting. Big newsoutlets even picked this bs up.

But maybe if enough Ausies get behind this, it will happen. There are big bucks to be had, and money talks. I still wonder about their MMJ market that they're targeting though, with their Sativa's and Nevil's Haze.

Speak please Aussie's. What is the real deal?

Edit: Oops, never mind, hard rain already linked the real deal. I still think the whole thing is wishful horse-shit.

vostok

Veteran
Poll...? where would you grow 10 tons of medical Sativa,..?

1: Thailand

2: India

3: Mexico

4: Any place close to the equator!

5: Norfolk Island(Au. Latitude:29sth Long168E)

Mexico sounds good even Panama? even tho you may endure the crims, even the warm parts of the States?

I have to agree with Daver^^^, and Sam sounds like poop to me....? lol

Interesting why Aust. govt. would grant someone a licence to grow an illegal drug for export.
I mean for a start selling pot to Canada is like selling oil to Iraq.

I think the reason they granted them a licence is, well the govt. in Australia is running a medical cannabis trail at the moment, and I think the govt. has already decided to make the trial permanent, and so they know they will need a supply of cannabis, and that's why they have granted these people a licence.

The pot in reality is going to be sold to Australians.

Now a couple of points.
First it will probably be sold as tinctures or pills, not as buds to smoke.
And second, although there are medical cannabis trails going at the moment, and it looks like medical cannabis will be made permanent, it's not going to be like the US where anyone can go to the doctor and say they have insomnia or a headache and get a script for medical marijuana, it will be like the present trials, only for people with a terminal illness.

And as for the article mentioning them growing sativas, well the media in Australia is notorious for not knowing much about pot.

I once read them describe Skunk as a dwarf variety of cannabis adapted to growing under low light conditions.

So I would say this company, Auscann, has seen which way the wind is blowing, and they see the Aust. govt. is going to make medical cannabis trials permanent and are positioning themselves to supply the upcoming market.

Now if big business is getting involved then they see there is money to be made; so there will be no giving medical patients cheap pot, they will pay an arm and a leg for it.
And as for Neville getting involved, well I think they just hired a big name for publicity value, I don't think much breeding will be going on.
They will just buy seeds from existing breeders and make clone mothers. I mean there are so many strains out there now that whatever you want already exists, just a matter of finding them.

Last edited:

J.V

ICMag Donor
I agree FeatherFoot.....Well said. It wont be open slather down here for medical cannabis, I imagine it will be available to people who meet a select criteria. As you stated, the terminally ill and other's who suffer from some terrible affliction......Epilepsy, MS...etc.

Latest posts

Latest posts