What's new

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

Mimpi Manis

My first job - 1967 as Office Johnnie in State Gov. job - saw me hook up with someone at work who recognized me as a 'fellow traveller'. This is right at the very early years of the scene. (Early adopter I guess). My very first experience with the magic tea leaves was with a guy who, in those days, was like an Oz version of a Beat. Big on travels to exotic places. His transport was usually cheap cabin on Asian merchant ships. (Those SE Asian sailor dudes were VERY early adopters!) Anyway, I met this guy right after he'd been from UK. Smack dab in the middle of swinging London. By 1972 I'd been there myself. Carnaby street had moved on, but for a 22 year running free in England... it was a blast! But I digress, back to my job: My desk buddy had some great contacts. He had moved to my office on a temp job straight from Canberra. He sold me my first Sumatran tripping grass. Slipped under my blotter in a blue/red striped air letter. Five bucks for about 1/4 ounce of brownish matter, with an earthy well travelled smell. (Decimal currency had been in about a year or two btw!). It pole axed me. Goodbye Colombus. But here's where I was going with this: The really interesting stories are about what this guy told me about how much pot was smoked in Canberra. A lot. By almost everyone. Especially all the pollies kids. My guy said word was, cops were instructed to 'lay off'. We are talking late 1960's. So, between now and then, I'm guessing nothing much changed. Fifty plus years of this in Canberra while most of the rest of us got to eat shit. Five decades on, and in practice, its at least as bad and hypocritical as it's always been. Anyone else counting the dead bodies? Honestly, it still really pisses me off.

But hell, this dirty girl has been right there for a fair swag of the best times of my life. One of those lucky introductions I guess. Lj

Mimpi Manis

For those of you wondering: SSH x Sum. Six months vacuum packed certainly worked some magic. Wasn't this good 3-4 months back. What do you reckon is actually going on with that process... alchemy?

Waiting in the wings to be introduced to some Gondwana sunshine is Ms Killer Malawi A5. A little later I'll be introducing her to to some fine young gents. Lucky girl. (Me too I guess). Wouldn't be dead for quids. Lj

T

Teddybrae

I visited Canberra once. Once was enough. But it was pretty cool sitting outside the pub in a car sharing a joint. People walking by. No worries. This was years ago. It was decriminalised then but not legal.

PS. I thought Lj was a bloke. Explains the Username now. Was worried about a bloke calling himself that. Y'know C---'s are nice, not blokey things at all!

My first job - 1967 as Office Johnnie in State Gov. job - saw me hook up with someone at work who recognized me as a 'fellow traveller'. This is right at the very early years of the scene. (Early adopter I guess). My very first experience with the magic tea leaves was with a guy who, in those days, was like an Oz version of a Beat. Big on travels to exotic places. His transport was usually cheap cabin on Asian merchant ships. (Those SE Asian sailor dudes were VERY early adopters!) Anyway, I met this guy right after he'd been from UK. Smack dab in the middle of swinging London. By 1972 I'd been there myself. Carnaby street had moved on, but for a 22 year running free in England... it was a blast! But I digress, back to my job: My desk buddy had some great contacts. He had moved to my office on a temp job straight from Canberra. He sold me my first Sumatran tripping grass. Slipped under my blotter in a blue/red striped air letter. Five bucks for about 1/4 ounce of brownish matter, with an earthy well travelled smell. (Decimal currency had been in about a year or two btw!). It pole axed me. Goodbye Colombus. But here's where I was going with this: The really interesting stories are about what this guy told me about how much pot was smoked in Canberra. A lot. By almost everyone. Especially all the pollies kids. My guy said word was, cops were instructed to 'lay off'. We are talking late 1960's. So, between now and then, I'm guessing nothing much changed. Fifty plus years of this in Canberra while most of the rest of us got to eat shit. Five decades on, and in practice, its at least as bad and hypocritical as it's always been. Anyone else counting the dead bodies? Honestly, it still really pisses me off.

But hell, this dirty girl has been right there for a fair swag of the best times of my life. One of those lucky introductions I guess. Lj

Tangwena

Veteran
For those of you wondering: SSH x Sum. Six months vacuum packed certainly worked some magic. Wasn't this good 3-4 months back. What do you reckon is actually going on with that process... alchemy?

Waiting in the wings to be introduced to some Gondwana sunshine is Ms Killer Malawi A5. A little later I'll be introducing her to to some fine young gents. Lucky girl. (Me too I guess). Wouldn't be dead for quids. Lj
Check out my thread Malawi style cob curing if your interested in that style of curing.
You can then get back to the brown dynamite.

Cone Head

I visited Canberra once. Once was enough. But it was pretty cool sitting outside the pub in a car sharing a joint. People walking by. No worries. This was years ago. It was decriminalised then but not legal.

Sounds like Adelaide late 90's early 2000's. Smoke billowing out of car windows on the busy esplanade's on a Saturday night, not a care in the world. I remember New Years eve 99-2000, two woman sharing a joint whilst flirting it up with two cops in the city, also not a care in the world.

Hopefully SA can legalise it soon, we were the first state to decriminalise and have a lot of growers. Lots of Market Garden areas with greenhouses, world class vineyards. We'd be Australia's Cali.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Gday fellas awesome to see another lounge has been set up after the last one collapsed from too many posts:gday::gday::gday:

Pumpkin

Veteran
I'm starting a bit late this year. Are we still hanging out? Is this where I'm meant to be?

IMG_20191005_121643.jpg

ozzieAI

Veteran
yeah...we can hang out...

looking forward to see how your grow goes this season...mould free i hope...

liking that jar of mushies you posted...gonna find some of my own once it's rains

Pumpkin

Veteran
Yeah sweet, I'm hoping no mould also! Let's hope that freaky weather shit it over with.

Still did pretty good, enough to get by and work on building a bathroom.

The mushrooms are great, although I don't eat them as much as I used to. Still, pretty fun. Get you pretty fucked up :D I got not much on tomorrow actually. Hrmmm...

Sticky Sat

Hey guys... :)

Looking yummy Pumpkin... :)

A few pics of the silver pearls on day 37...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers all... :)

Attachments

• sp 9-10.jpg
    sp 9-10.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 30
  • sp7 9-10.jpg
    sp7 9-10.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 23
  • sp1 9-10.jpg
    sp1 9-10.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 22

Sticky Sat

Thanks for the kind words and reps guys :)
It's mostly a seed run but there should be enough for at least a tray of cookies... ;)

Pumpkin

Veteran
Frosty, it's under HPS. My friend is looking after it and doing great!

Nice work Sat. Hope you get some great seeds out of it.

Latest posts

Latest posts