What's new

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php
https://www.livescience.com/giant-crocodile-killes-fisherman-australia.html
Human remains have been found inside the stomach of a 14-foot-long (4.2 meters) crocodile on an island north of Queensland, Australia. According to local authorities, the remains likely belong to Andrew Heard, a 69-year-old fisherman who went missing from the area on Feb. 11.

Heard was last seen that Thursday afternoon when he left his yacht on Hinchinbrook Island (close to the coast of northeastern Australia) in a small fishing dinghy, according to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) news site. When he failed to return that night and stopped responding on his radio, Heard's wife called the authorities.

His dinghy was found capsized early Friday morning (Feb. 12), showing damage indicative of a crocodile attack.

On Friday night, investigators discovered human remains in the area; the next day, they found the gigantic croc nearby, according to the Queensland government. Environmental authorities euthanized the croc and cut it open, revealing more human remains in its guts.

Brother Nature

These Yanks that come to this Aussie Forum ... Wal, d'you think we should make them Honorary Cobbers? And if so: what sort of initiation should they undergo?

I think you Aussies should make them eat a jar of Vegemite by the spoonful while chugging XXXX and simultaneously doing a burnout in a VH Commodore.

:gday:

Sunshineinabag

Saltys demand ya stay the fuk away. I mean they really are built to eat us, those big ass spidahs ya got tho.....one of those in my shower? I would freak the fuk out....can handle being shot...but big dinner plate size hairy ass spidahs man idk

G

Wal ... am wondering how often you apply the high K kelp? As you said the Z99 is getting chunky very quickly ... but don't know if more K is better ... ? Soil is still very rich.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Wal ... am wondering how often you apply the high K kelp? As you said the Z99 is getting chunky very quickly ... but don't know if more K is better ... ? Soil is still very rich.
id do it weekly satty ,
with a few spoonfuls of molasses added to the mix ..

would the c5 mango happened to be related to the old mango heads strain ( old school ) apprantly it was grown in & around mangoes for generations .. could be a urban legend , but ive heard stories from a few ol fellas about the old mango heads whats ya take on the strain.. rkn its still alive and well ? mmmmm mangoes

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
would the c5 mango happened to be related to the old mango heads strain ( old school ) apprantly it was grown in & around mangoes for generations .. could be a urban legend , but ive heard stories from a few ol fellas about the old mango heads whats ya take on the strain.. rkn its still alive and well ? mmmmm mangoes
no its a cutting nevil selected , c5 ,
crossed with some inbred mango haze shanti had in order to try and find something similar to c5 in seed form for myself to grow where i live ,
the cutting wasnt properly suited ...

i do recall mango weed where i am though , last i saw was in around 2002-04 ,
i had only 1 seed left and managed to keep the plant and some cuts alive a few years , but eventually lost it ,
most of the mango here was more of a unripe mango aroma ,

and we suspect its origins were in thailand ....

i grew some tom hills haze around the time i still had that mango and found them very similar in smell and look ...

TheDarkStorm

Donald you guys have got access to the ecsd....do you know if its the old ecsd that kind of seems to be vere rare maybe even lost or the ibl version most of the guys are using to make seeds now ? Thanks

no its a cutting nevil selected , c5 ,
crossed with some inbred mango haze shanti had in order to try and find something similar to c5 in seed form for myself to grow where i live ,
the cutting wasnt properly suited ...

i do recall mango weed where i am though , last i saw was in around 2002-04 ,
i had only 1 seed left and managed to keep the plant and some cuts alive a few years , but eventually lost it ,
most of the mango here was more of a unripe mango aroma ,

and we suspect its origins were in thailand ....

i grew some tom hills haze around the time i still had that mango and found them very similar in smell and look ...

hey mate long time since we last spoke ! i lost my old account and password and had some bad things happen years back lost all my genetics and gave it all break for a bit .. anyways back on te forums again i will send you a pm with my old username when i can send pm's again eh...

as for the mango i was told in the 80s and 90s it was in grafton and central queensland. prolly the same strain good day to you sir :tiphat:

G

Thanks Cobra! I boosted it a bit late with some super compost from nutri tech. Any Molasses with rejuvenate the compost ... or rather the bacteria in the compost. Might have good results.

The heads are beginning to frost now ... very quick plant and it's been flowering for a while now. Will post a pic.
20mm rain last night ... it's been a while ... lovely and fresh and sparkly on this morning's walk

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Donald you guys have got access to the ecsd....do you know if its the old ecsd that kind of seems to be vere rare maybe even lost or the ibl version most of the guys are using to make seeds now ? Thanks
its the one folks refer to as the chaco cut , he had it years back so its definitely not a new thing , as far as i know its "the" ecsd ...

ive had it probably 5 years ...

hey mate long time since we last spoke ! i lost my old account and password and had some bad things happen years back lost all my genetics and gave it all break for a bit .. anyways back on te forums again i will send you a pm with my old username when i can send pm's again eh...

as for the mango i was told in the 80s and 90s it was in grafton and central queensland. prolly the same strain good day to you sir :tiphat:
look forward to hearing from you , better get on the posting so you can pm , haha ..

mango heads seem to have done the rounds from nsw to the top of queensland , both the sour and the sweet ,
those were good days indeed ,, be nice if someone still had that stuff ...

Thanks Cobra! I boosted it a bit late with some super compost from nutri tech. Any Molasses with rejuvenate the compost ... or rather the bacteria in the compost. Might have good results.

The heads are beginning to frost now ... very quick plant and it's been flowering for a while now. Will post a pic.
20mm rain last night ... it's been a while ... lovely and fresh and sparkly on this morning's walk
lots of rain here yesterday too satty ,
not that we needed it , things were already sloshy prior to it ,
but this morning seems pretty nice , a good day ahead id say,
ill watch for your pic ...

off topic , been thinking quite alot about wild native cannabis in general , how it self seeds .. and survives without man watering it. now i have tried this with european and american genetics with well preped soil only to have slow stunted plants grow small , depending on what stage they were put out from anywhere between seed to young plant in veg at 1ft in height the outcome was always different.depending on the enviroment , soil etc and locations i have experimented with. i have had some good results with some unknown aus strains from up northn nsw using permaculture layering techniques and putting them out at 1ft plus in a week of rainy conditions to let the roots settle in, with no other watering.im curious if hybridization is the downfall in all this , of course taking into account enviromental factors play a big part. but on the other hand genetics plays a huge roll. from seed to finish in all native soil with no prior amendments is hard but doable.ive seen 6-10 fters planted in 5ltr pots with the bottoms cut out grow with no water besides rain, although they did reach the water table and grown by a river bank. sometimes i dream about wild canna growing here. anyone have that old article about it florishing in the hunter valley long time ago. anyho just my thoughts for the day. got a whole bunch of ruderalis indian seed thinking of putting a whole bunch here and there with a no till style for an experiment to see what happens. theres quite a big gap between having plants you can tend to on a daily/weekly basis, and "gorilla growing" im particular speaking about coastal gorilla growing. very rocky , sandy , heavy loam clay soils. anyone ever planted in a bush turkey mound ? they make great compost and soil. loaded full of worms. been collecting seaweed and letting it break down naturally in the coastal bush let it get rained on a few times to clean off excess salt water, and trying out oyster shells smashed up with a rock for calcium turns to a nice fine power.

Latest posts

Latest posts