What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

Sticky Sat

There is always going to be an adjustment period with any climate change

Always indeed bro :)... Even with same clones, no run is like the precedent...

Few pics from the official rainy season's buds... these girls had lots of rain and mostly low lumens sky in between...

O 32 days
attachment.php

Bango 42 days, pulled them 4 days later after spotting some mold starting...
attachment.php

O and Bango 32 days
attachment.php

Badly trimmed O bud from last harvest... took 10 days to somewhat dry but needs some real sun to get crispy...
attachment.php

A great week end to all :)

Attachments

• O nov 32 days.jpg
    O nov 32 days.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Bango head 42 days.jpg
    Bango head 42 days.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 17
  • Last girls standing.jpg
    Last girls standing.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Nov O bud.jpg
    Nov O bud.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 11

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
lots of rain and cloudy days and you still managed some very good looking erb that most would be proud of sticky ,
good form man ,

still no sign of rain here ,
once your sick of it send some over ,, lol ..

Sticky Sat

Thanks a lot for the kind words Wally... :)

We had another deluge last night but mostly windy and cloudy today, with the occasional squall... Shame that rain doesn't fall where it's so much needed while it just goes back to the ocean here... Crossing fingers that you guys receive some... :)

Sticky Sat

Hi guys :)

few pics from the bangos harvest... twigs on a stick look but interesting high... ;-)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers all :)

Attachments

• bango bud 1.jpg
    bango bud 1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 14
  • bango bud 3.jpg
    bango bud 3.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 12
  • bango bud 4.jpg
    bango bud 4.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 16

rod58

your well and truly on ya way pumpkin ! hope your year is not as wet over harvest again ..
i've been out into the "new" area recently and have a few in but bloody snakes here ! two already and tigers , both stood up and flared their heads at me at close range . got the old heart pumping indeed .
but very good ground , very peaty and quite damp considering it's been very dry here as well . and a bit late too but i put some quite advanced seedlings in so a thunder storm or two will see them catch up .

Pumpkin

Veteran
Hey rod, I am hoping these green crack seeds finish up earlier, so they beat the wet. But who knows. I am hoping last year was a bit of freak weather.

Trying to get an average of one off each if I can. Will need a flawless season from here out to get that I reckon. The weather has been pretty weird this year though as well, anything could happen. The wind has been pretty relentless also, but only one fell over so far, and I have two backups.

When I see a snake, I scream like a girl and jump at every lizard in the leaves for the rest of the day.

Good to hear you found good soil. I was going to do more elsewhere this year, but got denied by the sensible half. I've scouted lots of good spots last year, but do wonder if the nice spots I found, that won't need water, will just be mould factories. Would be nice to try them and find out. Maybe another year.

rod58

time will tell indeed , as it does every year pumpkin . is there such a thing as having two great years in a row ?
and thats the thing too , do we go low in the creek line or do we go high , cos sure as shit if we go low then comes the floods !

Pumpkin

Veteran
Have you looked into contour farming/gardening, where you make swales to hold water on ridges. I think with this technique it is possible to get the best of both worlds. Earthmoving maybe impossible in the bush, but the idea is pretty solid. Make a swale on a north facing slope, and i imagine there is a lot of water to catch and marshy goodness to be created in the dry.

Pumpkin

Veteran
You could even use plastic channels to direct runoff water on a hill, just dig them in, and use a lazer level at night to direct water to a plot. It's a bit of work, but once it is set up could service you for any number of years. Just like a gutter on a roof.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Every slope is a huge rainwater collection area, just gota point that water in the direction you need it

rod58

You could even use plastic channels to direct runoff water on a hill, just dig them in, and use a lazer level at night to direct water to a plot. It's a bit of work, but once it is set up could service you for any number of years. Just like a gutter on a roof.

i've used plastic in the past to reasonable effect and buried storage containers to ground level which has worked ok but thats ok for 3 or 4 plants , not 30 or 40 . and as a added bonus i've caught frogs , lizards and one snake in the container ...lol..

Pumpkin

Veteran
Always thought these were a bargain. Hold 5000lL, easy to get to any location (you can walk them in), can also get covers for them (can paint camo) and they come in different sizes.

Could get quite the collection of animals in it!

Probably need a pretty flat spot to set it up though. And your council would require a pool fence.

Attachments

• _20191204_132617.jpg
    _20191204_132617.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 12

Pumpkin

Veteran
Haha. No idea actually, never been in a small plane. But I think with some camo netting over it, it'd probably be fine.