What's new

Aunt Jemima and soon Uncle Ben's

G

I'm in the same boat as you. I grew up a multicultural melting pot and while racism exists(ed), it was no where near as what we see in the states.

Maybe the USA needs a Charter of Rights and Freedoms like we have here. But US companies can still fire you if you're gay, so maybe they have a long way to go before real rights are legislated.
No you idiot there are laws to prevent being fired regardless of sexual preference. But that doesn't fit your dogma and ongoing hate of the US.

BTW how the hell does someone get over six thousand an three hundred posts in 2 and 1/2 years ???!!! WTF.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What's with this "white rice" crap? Sounds like some kind of priveledge to me. And why is the store still selling that damn white sweet corn? Should be diverse like this, or it's rayciss:

b3e1a8aff27b57889f698b342c7fe914--autumn-love-autumn-fall.jpg

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
LOL, do a search for 'Aunt Jemima images through the years' as she's had several do-overs during the past 70yrs. She too started off really Black, middle-aged and fat, but as the years dragged on got younger, slimmer and lighter skinned and she no longer needed to cover up her hair because it was no longer nappy!

..... too bad she wasn't cool enough to make the grade.:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
No you idiot there are laws to prevent being fired regardless of sexual preference. But that doesn't fit your dogma and ongoing hate of the US.

BTW how the hell does someone get over six thousand an three hundred posts in 2 and 1/2 years ???!!! WTF.

Your SOC just ruled on it a couple days ago you dip shit. So now... all of a sudden, 64 years after your Civil Rights Act Title 7(1964), you're like OK with it? It'll take you another 60 years before people stop getting fired for being Not Like You.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-- Lao Tzu

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

DUDE! You need some SERIOUS people skills!

Littleleaf

Veteran
I'm glad I kept about a dozen of the old Aunt Jemima glass bottles from the late 70's to early 80's. Going to be worth a lot of money in a few more years. When the masses pull the collective heads out of their asses.

I will say I quit using the syrup years ago when they quit using real sugar and started using corn syrup. Just didn't taste the same.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
I always wondered why "crackers" were changed to "saltines."

Now I know. Guess I'm woke.

All kidding aside, I get why PepsiCo is doing this.

-cap

EsterEssence

Veteran
Growing upon in the 50’s-60’s in the San Fernando valley I remember the watts ordeal. There were many little racial sayings that I am not going to repeat, but I grew up with things like uncle bens and and aunt jemima, WE used log cabin bisquick and rice a ronie, but I do remember all the commercials...

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
rice-a-roni.

the san fransisco "treat"

Surprised the LBGTQXYZ crowd hasn't demanded that slogan be removed.

LOL.

I keed, I keed.

Tryin to keep it light-hearted in this everyone must be woke or die culture we find ourselves in, now.
Pretty soon we're going to long for the days when we could all just hate each other equally and just accept it.

:)

-cap

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
rice-a-roni.

the san fransisco "treat"

Surprised the LBGTQXYZ crowd hasn't demanded that slogan be removed.

LOL.

:)

-cap

Is the word "treat" rayciss or something too? They gonna make the kids change halloween candy mooching slogans too? Damn, now the hookers are gonna be offended.

Can't win with this stuff. :ying:

Last edited:

Badfishy1

They dropped mammie long ago.
View Image

So is it being dumped because of past racist logos?

This is important to me because while I'm "white folk" with blackfoot heritage and god knows what else, I have 4 mixed race grand kids and 2 black sons in law (one's a fucking deadbeat douche bag). Should I stop buying watermelons? Because my grand kids love it.

If it's offensive to someone just doesn't cut it. Because everything will be offensive to someone.

It’s just a knee jerk reaction to the cancel culture. May as well get ahead of it before having your brand in the spot light for being a ‘racist’

Cannavore

Veteran
neoliberalism at it's finest. nothing but window dressing to makeit look like youre addressing the problems without actually doing anything. and it has a two fold effect because now everyones going to be talking about it.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
remember the "Frito Bandito"? he bit the dust a LONG time ago.- "i like them so much, i'll steal them from you..."