What's new

ATTN: Heavy 16 users, quick question.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Ron burgundy. Clone only from a friend in the military in San Diego. He said its an afghani he had the seeds

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Turns purple inside the flower in week 2. Turns black purple if 9 weeks of flower. Hot or cold. Nugs in pic are 8 weeks exact

CoastalSFC

Heavy 16 should not run in dwc

Heavy 16 should not run in dwc

Why would someone run it in soil? It was advised to me to do so by the manufacturer when I was shopping new lines to try. A big selling point was that it was 95% organic and required little to no ph control going into soil.

I agree there are far better alternatives, I pre-amend mostly for the warehouse, but I love to run new lines to see whats out there.

Heavy 16 isn't actually all that salty, at all.

The biggest problem this line has is it's cal to mag ratio. I notice all sorts of deficient plants. I am running 40 k watts of deep water current with GH 3 part/lkb/dn, 0 issues as always. 36k watts of soil, 16k of which is gavita, another 20k adjusta wings. The pre amended room of gavita is killing it. I run trials in the 20k adjusta wing room, some maxibloom/lkb/dn, some floranova/lkb/dn, some heavy16 and lastly some advanced 2 part with b52/overdrive/bud blood/big bud.

Of all the lines the heavy 16 by far was the most incomplete and unhappy. Floranova comes out on top, maxibloom right behind it, and advanced a close 3rd.

I however cannot speak for its use in coco or hydro. I can say that when I make a 40 gallon batch of nutrients with heavy 16, not only does it foam something fierce it has the WORST brown settle line and bottom res gunk of all 4 lines. Water temps are 66-68 degrees with a 950 gph pond master at the bottom of the barrel and 6 air stones.

I am simply stating facts I have experienced, not trying to completely denounce the line. I think they need to go back to the drawing board somewhat. Hell the whole reason they switched containers was because of all the problems with fermentation...now they have burps on anything over a quart.

I am glad it works for you, and please help others that want to try the line in similar uses as yourself.

The reason I said it settled in the hydro system was because I put it in one DWCurrent system containing 24 plants, and 1 day later drained it because of the obvious issues. So I have not run it fully but am not prepared to sacrifice a table of hydro to this line for trials.

You're problems from heavy is largely due to the prime in the dwc system. It is molasses based which can run into some ph and pathogen problems in a system like yours. I think you would really like the line if you swapped prime for another similar product floralicious plus and a more stable sugar like sweet would perform better.

Best bytes I've ever ran completely problem free plants defiantly makes your pheno show its best I use the full line in coco. What's everyone think about the foliar????

LivingDifferent

Heavy 16 Foliar is great. I think even if you don't use the Heavy 16 line up, Foliar is great for all lines. If used right you won't have problems. I use on clones in cloner and mothers too. I run Heavy in coco and have run it in soil and have excellent results (I like using coco the best). I used to use AN non pH perfect then worked with the pH perfect line and found I like the quality and control better from Heavy 16. Just my opinion.

Heavy 16 Foliar is great. I think even if you don't use the Heavy 16 line up, Foliar is great for all lines. If used right you won't have problems. I use on clones in cloner and mothers too. I run Heavy in coco and have run it in soil and have excellent results (I like using coco the best). I used to use AN non pH perfect then worked with the pH perfect line and found I like the quality and control better from Heavy 16. Just my opinion.

The foliar is great it has 4 forms of cal in it and a wetting agent i never used a neem product that works better. oh and i use a tri-jet fogger to spray the room if you dont want to spend that much $$ grab a hand held paint sprayer there like $50 they works great and fast!

I run the complete heavy line and only that in cocoperlite. I started using the heavy schedule this time around and my plants have never looked better. Dark green leaves and massive colas. I use the foliar on everything once a week. Fire is expensive but cant argue w results. Phasing out all additives. When u go to the website dont select cali as your location and you will be allowed more info. Prime is a sweet for microherd and aromatics. Im glad i use heavy16. My IG has pix so DM me if ya wanna take a look. Frosty.
I have drip irrig and 100g res with airstones and my chiller dumps from the top. My microherd is soil amended because putting them in the res caused foam and gunk which just made cleanup more work. Roots then prime then fire then a & b. dont even need to pH it. Comes out 5.9. I use budswell too but thats all and Brice himself said thats fine.

OGH

I made the switch and im liking it so far... who runs the fire ? And if u run fire do u run it in veg? I cant wait to try this fire/moab combo ...

Hello ALL. I am new here, but what a great site so far.

I use the entire Heavy16 line. Promix HP 2/3, Happy Frog 1/3

Veg - VegA&B - Roots - GH Cal Mag - Finish. Thats it!!! Foliar once a week or so. I did not see any difference using Prime and Fire in veg ( a waste of $$$ in my opinion) Explosive growth, beautiful green leaves.

Flower - Use the Heavy Feed Chart. A&B, Roots, Prime, Fire and Finish. (CalMag first 2 weeks) I follow it almost to the tee, however in weeks 4-6 I do bump up PPMs about 200 (add a bit more A&B).

I keep my PH at 6.3 exact.

Week 6-7 I up the fire about 10% and use full strength MOAB, with 75% nuits. No Burning - Just dense, sticky nugs!! ;-)

Solid Flush for minimum of 10 days. (every 2 day flush)

Awesome results - Top Shelf quality - Better than any other line I have tried -- INCLUDING ADVANCED!!!

Hope this finds you well!!

BabyGee

I used the H16 roots and it seemed to work well, although when i left it in my res with airstones i got a bunch of junk floating around in my water and it started to stink really bad after a day or two.

I use lucas 6/9 and was really only using it because i was out of rapidstart and i had some sample.

I see the guys from heavy 16 on the reg. They said dont use airstones with it because the H+ splits off as the air bubbles rise amd it causes pH to rise. They said you want as little surface puncture as possible for the same reason. He said to run your recirc line to the bottom of the res rather than let it splash back in. Then the pH will stay stable. They also said if you use the foliar 2x week your plants will yield crazy. Keeping the last secret for myself.

Medical use1313

Recently recieved my order of heavy 16 bud a,b via mail. Bottle Bud B smells something mighty awful. Im just wondering if this bottlle is supposed to smell like something gone rancid?
I've just got heavy 16 bud a/b and there isn't a real strong smell to mine. I use that with the golden tree additive

relic1981

Veteran
used heavy 16 last run indoors and it worked great. i still prefer house and garden coco full line over h16 but it and aptus are a close second in my opinion.. maybey tied with advanced sensi bloom a and b with less but more expensive additives. their foliar works great. i met with the norcal oregon rep and he told me to use 30ml foliar p/quart with 5 ml fire and 10 ml roots and that would make it more effective. it definatly works great and when im out of h and g's magic green i use h16 foliar w/ fire and roots. i def like the mostly organic make up of the h16. gives great flavor in the finished product with good yields (in coco for me) its hard to give up the house and garden though because i kill it with that and the buds are super dense, super frosty and super dank. def have it dialed in and am cranking out some great meds. im mostly inot the chem/og/diesels. my favorite mom is my loompas headband. also have quite the cookie collection. forum, platinum and two diff thin mints moms gotten from different sources but look and grow identicle so im pretty sure the thinmints are legit. waiting to grab the 2.0 and gg4. i know people are super hyped about bothe those, especially the glue but i know there is better medicine out there (loompas headband, tcpk, pineapple trainwreck, tw, hp 13 ecsd. all far superior imho but dont yeild as much. i get about 1.2 grams a watt on my headstash strains and more on my commercial grows. nice big yields of beutiful looking and great smelling herb. nothing wrong with it at all. i get people who grow themselves asking for my work so i must be doing something right. its just not completely organic.i smoke organic flowers but most of the meds for my patients in my co-op love the house and garden/h16/advanced nutrients buds. never had a complaint only praise. i give em a really nice flush and thats what i love about house and gardens drip clean. use it with every feeding and your golden! i tend not to use the top shooter/shooting powder. not really nessecary but def helps them finish strong. when i do use it or MOAB (mother of all blooms, pretty much the same thing, so is big bud powde) it really beefs up the buds and adds resin . i also use terpinator with all feeding programs exept on the organic plants. all work great at transitioning plants into flower so they are producing buds within a week instead of two weaks so they have a longer window to grow and ripen. thats my thoughts on h16 for the moment. could really geek out but i dont think thats gonna be incredibly useful and imtired and fully medicated. :tiphat:

H

Huckster79

Could I put prime in my aerocloner so I did t have to worry about ph?