What's new

Attention Ebb and Grow Professionals! PLEASE HELP

shawnden

yeah I figure that you use one bucket throughout. I still a lil confused on how to flush... but thanks everyone for their input all constructive info is appreciated. I have little experience, so any kind of input is helpful at this point. I have 2 trays under 2K lights running beautiful (about 3.5 ft tall) and the buds are looking thick after only 2 weeks. The bucket syste/vertical grow roo is next...I= excited!!!

pictures on there way soon!

ohh yeah and the button to the right of the N key is broken... sorry for the inconvenience lol

Y

Yankee Grower

I have little experience, so any kind of input is helpful at this point. I have 2 trays under 2K lights running beautiful (about 3.5 ft tall) and the buds are looking thick after only 2 weeks.
In addition to learning to grow ya gotta learn how to navigate the forums...lol.

As Mule said you can flush differently. Only thing I would do is a change the res at the switch to flower and use a transitional formula then again a bit into flower. What exactly are you asking regarding 'flushing'? Are you talking about at the end of flower? When you asked 'how often' in your first post I guess that's about res changes during the veg and flower cycles.

D

DHF

Look at your sig before you try to tell someone how to spell...I`m retired , but fully know how to spell and enunciate .........

If there`s anything else you need to say other than you`re a young punk wish yas wannabe then we`re done.........

I never said anything else other than helpful posts till you got all I`m the man with your bullshit.........

I`ve got much info here from when this site opened and EVERY post I`ve made has been ta help folks and not boost my ego .......What`s your story........

Please........Good luck in all you do.....other than that.....

Fuck off........DHF........:ying:.....

Y

Yankee Grower

While what I used to do may be different than DHF and Greyskull have said I'm only telling ya don't be afraid to clean up your plants.

Here's some pics 2 weeks into flower then how they finished. I had 6' ceilings and 600's...

mule420

yeah I figure that you use one bucket throughout. I still a lil confused on how to flush... but thanks everyone for their input all constructive info is appreciated. I have little experience, so any kind of input is helpful at this point. I have 2 trays under 2K lights running beautiful (about 3.5 ft tall) and the buds are looking thick after only 2 weeks. The bucket syste/vertical grow roo is next...I= excited!!!

pictures on there way soon!

If you want to flush you can do it once a week costs you more. Or every two weeks. If you run a live rez {that means with earthworm teas or beneficial bacteria} I have found you can go longer between flush cycles.
Or you can run a sterile rez using bleach,H2O2 and things like pysian 20 to keep the root slime in check then you would change the water more often I would think??? I don't know as I run a Tea I made.
They only reason we flush is to rid the plant of unwanted salt build up and other wastes the plant gives off. If you run a live rez it helps with converting that waste into food for the plant. Peace and puffs!

And remember Brother have fun! :dance013:

Y

Yankee Grower

like pysian 20
Shawnden...if you wanna find that stuff it's actually called Physan 20. I haven't seen too many peeps use that stuff. I bought some but never added it. For me I looked at it when dealing with root issues and simply went with a chiller down to 65F and some H2O2 for good measure now and then. I remember DHF giving me a good rec on a chiller...then he went with a different hydro system and his chiller started collecting dust. At the time I had thought about offering him some $ for that dust collector cause I needed it...lol.

Hey DHF...weren't you the one that recommended the Keep Alive res aerators?

mule420

Shawnden...if you wanna find that stuff it's actually Physan 20. I haven't seen too many peeps use that stuff. I bought some but never added it. For me I looked at it when dealing with root issues and simply went with a chiller down to 65F and some H2O2 for good measure.

Like I said I don't use it... I don't need it, so I can't fucking spell it :comfort:

D

DHF

Well ...the hits just keep on comin.....Might as well put you on ignore but ya`ll take everything this idiot says with a grain of salt ok ?............Yankster......your lowers are textbook for doin it the right way......Respect.......

Did ebb and flow buckets over 5 yrs with well over 1 gpw EVERY run , but it takes 1 fukin idiot to throw a wrench in the works of a learning experience.........

Ya`ll take care and let Mule guide ya`ll to the promised land........God help us all.....

Good luck.......DHF.........

mule420

While what I used to do may be different than DHF and Greyskull have said I'm only telling ya don't be afraid to clean up your plants.

Here's some pics 2 weeks into flower then how they finished. I had 6' ceilings and 600's...

I have been cleaning up the plants... Filled 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket this morning with leaves... I read about it and decided that would be productive... :tiphat: Peace and puffs

Y

Yankee Grower

Yankster......your lowers are textbook for doin it the right way......Respect.......
Thx man. I wish that place had 8' ceilings. Saving grace with that place was the strain I had grew like a vine so easy to train. One of the worst node spacing I ever saw and a stretch from hell but boy was she a crowd pleaser and I smoked her almost exclusively for about 2 years.

I have been cleaning up the plants... Filled 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket this morning with leaves...
That's a start...lol. Per plant I would leave like 5 growing tips when in hydro and that's about it. That was for my setup and strain though and know everyone's is different.

mule420

Look at your sig before you try to tell someone how to spell...I`m retired , but fully know how to spell and enunciate .........

If there`s anything else you need to say other than you`re a young punk wish yas wannabe then we`re done.........

I never said anything else other than helpful posts till you got all I`m the man with your bullshit.........

I`ve got much info here from when this site opened and EVERY post I`ve made has been ta help folks and not boost my ego .......What`s your story........

Please........Good luck in all you do.....other than that.....

Fuck off........DHF........:ying:.....

Hey thanks man my sig does need a R! Like I said it was speeled right context was off...

bendoslendo

Hey shawn, maybe my description wasn't great. Basically, while the system is in drain mode you just dump plain water into the buckets. The controller bucket will pump this flush water into your rez so make sure there is enough room. I do this until the liquid being pumped into rez is close to my tap ppm.

If you don't feel like lugging water to each bucket you can try and decipher my post above about using the fill pump to flush. After you actually get and setup the system what I described will hopefully be more clear.

D

DHF

Looks like if yas can`t dazzle em with brilliance , You`ll baffle em with bullshit............

You keep up the good work there ........20 watts per sq ft......

How many 600`s in that setup for sq footage , and is it yours ?......

I surrender.....Caveat Emptor.......Let the buyer beware........You`ve dragged me down to your level and whipped me with your ignorance.........

You win.....I`m done......Ya`ll are on yer own..........

mule420

Looks like if yas can`t dazzle em with brilliance , You`ll baffle em with bullshit............

You keep up the good work there ........20 watts per sq ft......

How many 600`s in that setup for sq footage , and is it yours ?......

I surrender.....Caveat Emptor.......Let the buyer beware........You`ve dragged me down to your level and whipped me with your ignorance.........

You win.....I`m done......Ya`ll are on yer own..........

Man you are one angry sour cat! Maybe smoke some good weed huh? Sucks it's about numbers and money for you, lost the fun I see huh? Until your next omnipresence post :tiphat:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's that Greyskull hack you gotta watch out for though...LOL.

ill kill your plants if you listen to me... hahaha

^^^THATS FIERCE!!!^^^
lovely

I have been cleaning up the plants... Filled 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket this morning with leaves... I read about it and decided that would be productive... :tiphat: Peace and puffs

thats a good start! the sights you leave will thank you for it.

shawnden

[QUOTE ere's some pics 2 weeks into flower then how they finished. I had 6' ceilings and 600's...[/QUOTE]

I have attached my babies who are a little less then 3 feet and are looking absolutely sick after 2 weeks!! We do not have my room sealed off, but we kick it on and off every 1/2 an hour over top of the plants.
Using advance neuts, big bud, pot of gold, liquid karma. I must admit if it wasn't for my buddies expertise...this would not be going down so smoothly right now.

Y

Yankee Grower

Wow how many 600s did u have????
That room had 8 so 4800 watts and it covered 8 3 x 3 trays. Technically 45 watts sq foot as I trained the plants into most of the aisle space. I really needed to add 2 more lights cause 45 seemed barely adequate but was not gonna redo everything...lol. That pic above was an aisle. Man that was good smoke and just loved growing a lot of weed at that time.

That was an open system and was hitting 1 lb per 600 when everything was perfect. After that I went organic soil and just fiddled with a few plants now and then.

ill kill your plants if you listen to me... hahaha
Next time you go by that mountain...

D

DHF

Mule........I`d liketa apologize for bein an asshole , I just have a hard time sittin back on bad info........

Don`t mean ta sound like it`s my decision whether folks grows are up ta snuff , cuz there`s many ways ta skin a cat and peel an onion.........

What I see you`ve done makes me feel a lil better bout your plants , so good luck and get more light........lol........

I`m guilty of tryin ta show the optimum conditions for doin setups identical to what I ran for yrs........There`s a big difference in fun than payin the bills and that`s why I`m so cranky bout some things.........

Instead of talkin bout it`s fine ta grow 5 footers with horizontal lighting , and mislead buncha folks , I think it could`ve been worded better on your side about veggin em to 3 1/2 ft before the flip , and you triedta explain why you did that by wizzin through the thread and not readin all words of each post and that set me off even more......

Just old head over here that`s been on the boards since `95 when weedsites began tryin ta help folks do it right the first time , instead of makin all those costly mistakes I made over the yrs till dialin shit in........

Again.......Good luck and sorry for the rant........

Peace..DHF.........:ying:........