What's new

Attempted Home Invasion last saturday

If you have an Iphone there is an app that lets you moniter 4 wireless motion cameras whenever you want. The wireless cameras would be connected to your home wireless network, and you can get alerts when motion is detected, so basically- purp comes into yard, sets off camera, you get an alert on your phone & can see him on the camera, and also have the ability to watch the cameras whenever you want not just when motion is detected. You can set up the same system without the iphone, but it's nice to be able to watch the cameras when you aren't home.

J

jonnybgood29

i dont know why itisme is getting so much bad reputation for the post. it was a very valid and informative, unbiased copy of a real reort, just put in the wrong forum thats all. please people, lay off the negative rep button. we are all here to get information and form bonds, not disrespect each other.

J

jonnybgood29

hey leroy, in my opinion if you grow , you should not have an iphone. start looking into what all the iphoes are programmed to keep a record of whether or not you use the features and who knows what else they are recording and nobody knows about yet. it might just change your mind on having one.

example, you get nabbed, they take your phone and retrieve the coordinates of all the prople you have visited for the last 6 months or more.

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
And always remember...

If you look like "food" you'll be eaten.

Ever wonder why those "hill billies" would sit on the porch (rocking chair) with shotgun on lap...?

Same thing...

Ojo

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Hempkat..few people know of my Oxys and my theory is it was kids either being stupid or just plain vandals.The Home Invasion part was that these perps tried to get into or inside 3 out of 4 homes where damage was.If I hadn't locked the doors when I saw that strange car,they would have been inside only to be eaten alive by my St Bernard and jack Russell nipping thier ankles.I am not growing at present and have weapons for hunting alone as I hunt deer and coyotes.I have a Thompson Center Encore .308 and the Remington 1100 and a Browning Sweet 16 and Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag with 6 inch barrel and quick point scope.I know my guns having been a Corrections Officer for NYS and a licensed Outdoor Guide in NY retired due to illness.I was told Oxys go for 1$ a milligram here.I do 480mg daily so if I was an asshat I could be rich.However if someone were to be injured or killed because of my greed and stupidity,I couldnt live with that on my mind.I refuse to even share w/family members who have asked me to bum a few.NO...means NO.I take my scripted doses and nothing more,ever.I have been in pain management for 8 years and have passed all screening 100% and have always followed Doctors orders to a T.Peace and One Love BigD

Okay cool but to be clear I wasn't judging you on the use of oxy's, my wife is also on pain management for several years now. I merely want to point out that it (prescription narcotics) has lately become an attraction for break ins and home invasions. Since you volunteered here that you take them even though it wasn't necessary to do so, it gave me the impression you share that info freely. Therefore I sought merely to warn you. Nobody knows for sure where criminals get thier leads for who to victimize. It's unlikely they're hanging out at Dr. Offices and Pharmacies to see who gets what prescriptions. So they must get thier leads elsewhere. Sites like these tend to promote an image of harmony and brotherhood because we are all fighting against the unjust laws against marijuana. Unfortunately not everyone at these sites can be trusted. There are cases of people who thought they were hooking up with like minded, friendly, stoners, only to find themselves robbed at gunpoint. In one case where I met the victim he told me that the guy he met intially online and invited over to party ended up making him harvest his indoor crop at gunpoint. So my intent with regards to the Oxy's was merely to warn you to keep such info to yourself as much as possible.

As for the gun warning okay if you have no grow going now then there is obviously no risk but since you own guns for other legitimate reasons just be aware that they'll automatically increase the harshness of the penalties you face should you ever be unfortunate enough to get busted. When/if that should ever happen the legal system will see the guns as being for protecting your criminal activities even if you can show a history of using them for other legitimate reasons such as supplying food.

I agree with you obviously that it was likely kids or at the very least unskilled criminals. I say that because of the things they were trying to steal or actually did steal. It all sounded totally random and with no real planning and the things they went after had little value and/or are fairly easy to trace. A skilled thief also wouldn't be going around from one place to the next breaking windows and such to gain access to homes or vehicles. I only mentioned this because in the post where you explained why you locked the doors early it sounded like you thought the people in the car that drove by twice were casing the place. If anything it's my guess they noticed you toking on your meds and drove by the second time to see if they were right. Had they been your robbers and were casing the joint they almost surely would have come in, likely hoping to get your stash of smokable meds. Which is why, even where using marijuana for medication is considered legal one should still be stealthy about it.

HempKat

Veteran
I am looking into motion lights and HD outdoor cameras wired to either my PC or my whole house wireless system to be watched or stored on different media so I can review it easily.Is this possible? I have all the latest technology and want to put it to work keeping Mama and the babies safe.Also when and if I ever do resume growing,it'll keep me safe there too.I get Sportsmens gGuide? flyers for alot of outdoor gear and they have a ton of cameras and motion lights.Sounds like a worthwhile investment.Seeing as how my Mancave is complete I will need the extra security.Sucks when asshats want the stuff you worked your ass off hard enough to disable yourself at age 41,eight years later it still sucks.Thanks all for the comments..Karma will settle it once and for all,always does BigD

Yes it's very possible. The latest trend in home security systems with cameras is the ability to monitor your home from anywhere via your smart phone and it's also no big deal to have a system that stores what it captures off site typically thru a connection to the internet.

HempKat

Veteran
i dont know why itisme is getting so much bad reputation for the post. it was a very valid and informative, unbiased copy of a real reort, just put in the wrong forum thats all. please people, lay off the negative rep button. we are all here to get information and form bonds, not disrespect each other.

I'm wondering how you know what kind of rep his posts are getting? I didn't see him mention here that his Faux News post got any negative rep at least not until after someone else mentioned that he got a neg rep. Is there some site feature I'm unaware of that lets people know what kind of rep other people get? I know "My IC" shows you an accounting of the rep you get but is there a "Your IC" that shows you the rep others are getting?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
HempKat, I think they're refering to the "did you find this post helpful" function, and not to the actual rep/karma.

peace!

J

jonnybgood29

hey hempkat i was talking about the helpful post at the bottom of each post. i didnt see why he would have been rated negatively just because of a post in the wrong forum. and he admitted to having bad rep from the post as well, thats all. as i said, i dont see why we as a group has to bash each other in any way, we are here to help each other. there are times for negative rep, i just didnt see the point in the negative rep he was getting. the views were not his, he was just reoprting news, and accidentally posted it in the wrong thread, thats all.

serious6

all this talk about home invasions and weapons has me wondering? im stealth and a little thinking will end your problems without resorting to violence. up here in canada we got rid of the problem by simply building a room inside your house and putting in metal doors with bars across at top, mid and bottom.

when the invaters break down your door they are faced with another room that cant be penetrated and equiped with slots to neutralize them, we even installed trap doors in some. bars on windows and windows encased with boxed coverings. go buy a sulphur evaporator and smoke them, they will not come back, aim for skin with unremovalbe paint balls so that with a reward you can identify them later. a $500.00 bounty goes a long way.

wish for an attempt, stay awake and alert, then hit them hard. you have the perfect aliby if the fools get arrested as your use of oxy and doctors, nurses, parmacies all know and supply info for cash. 480mg of oxy makes you an addict and its a wonder you have a stomach left, let alone your intestines and bladder, you have a fool for a doctor when several medical strains can reduce the intake by 75%.

all this talk of guns is distrubing, feel tough for KILLING a 17 year old kid? lots of other deterants can be used, i really like the pit indoor use. worked for me at my seed grow inside.

HempKat

Veteran
hey hempkat i was talking about the helpful post at the bottom of each post. i didnt see why he would have been rated negatively just because of a post in the wrong forum. and he admitted to having bad rep from the post as well, thats all. as i said, i dont see why we as a group has to bash each other in any way, we are here to help each other. there are times for negative rep, i just didnt see the point in the negative rep he was getting. the views were not his, he was just reoprting news, and accidentally posted it in the wrong thread, thats all.

Ah okay that's not the same as negative rep. True he did eventually acknowledge negativity (also not necessarily the same as negative rep) but the problem I had was that both you and Capt. Ahab mentioned his getting negative rep before he ever posted anything after the post in question. So obviously what you and Ahab were keying in on was something other then what he said. I was just curious because I was unaware of any ability for one member to view what kind of individual rep points another member gets.

BTW the original intent for negative rep/karma/mojo/etc was for when people posted off topic remarks in a thread. So really and truely a post claiming the President of the US has the right to kill any American citizen anywhere, anytime, on a whim, in a thread about an attempted home invasion deserves a negative rep. If it was simply a misplaced post he always could have deleted it citing misplacement as the reason. Also while he might just be merely reporting the news as you say (which I personally don't buy that) politics is considered a forbidden topic in this forum that usually gets threads closed down and/or deleted. So really even if he is just reporting news it's news he shouldn't be reporting anywhere on this site.

Megas

OK, here's the less than lethal approach to keeping bad guys @ bay by teaching them a cheap lesson in fright.

View Image

I bought a box of these a couple of years ago from a friend that came across them. The first 2 rounds of ammo in my Winchester 1300 are Fiocchi Rubber Buckshot rounds, the next 4 rounds are lead buckshot.

if you're gonna do something like I've done then make sure you've got the shells in the right order, rubber FIRST!

if you're the excitable nervous type then place a spent shell between the rubber & lead shells, even if you've forgotten how many rubber shots you've fired you can't get to lead w/out coming to the dead shell first as a reminder, the one drawback of course being the 1 or 2 wasted seconds cycling a dead shell out if you're really in a hurry for a live one. But being real, that won't be happening to 99.99% of us.

Your last shot better be the real thing cause they might fire back...

MJBadger

Veteran
Up the security around your home with a wireless PIR alarm or two . It will give you the heads-up that you have unwelcome visitors around . I used 1 for my plants but made a mistake in NOT masking the LED & it warned the bastards they had been detected , by the time i got there with the dog & a sharp garden fork the shites were legging it . At least i saved all my plants as they never had time to find them .
A search on EBay will show you some but the one i had was all green so is easier to hide on a tree , if you need a link PM me .
Shotgun cartridges with rock salt work a treat to , i shot a Pikey in the arse yrs ago & he did`nt half squeal .

B

BrnCow

I think it would be fun to see those bastards haul ass after they took a load of those rubber BBs on the ass...lol...sorta like the old farmer with the rock salt that fended off melon thieves. Kids in high school could hear it hitting the plants around them as they grabbed a melon and hauled ass...Rubber would be safer.Frys.com has some camera systems...The wired ones work but require installation. Game cameras also get pics but don't deter trespassers. A loud speaker system might be fun too if you saw them coming onto the property. Some alarms detect motion and sound an alarm on a box in the house when something walks past it. Driveway alarms are cheap but have batteries to be changed. Security companies can come and set you up for $$$$..commercial is likely best...but more expensive.

igrowkushbitch

Hey big d I picked these cameras up for really cheap. And the best part is they are wireless so no installing wires through the house.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...26&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Mine came with 2 cameras maybe search on google?

I have them all over my house and in my greenhouses. They can go about 30 to 40 yards from the receiver. It really does help me sleep at night. Soon as I hear the motion alarm go off and my dog is not out side its time to chamber one and go have a look. No one sneaks up on me on my property.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

the best offense is a great defense.......

in that regard I think these features are important:

Lighting, whether you're using motion activated or some sort of beam interruption trigger I feel it's of utmost necessity to have the lights mounted on your home pointing out into the yard, driveway and any critical areas. Once the lights are triggered they should blind the perp as he faces the house which means he'll be nervous about NOT being able to see the property owner and if the owner's armed. If the lights were to face the home then the home owner would be blinded while looking outside & the perp could be hiding in a blind spot more or less in the shadows behind the lights.

Cameras, varying quality and features make me very unsure of buying a system for my property. Looking @ many systems so far has proven to me that home 'night vision' cameras have a very limited range of quality effectiveness, choose wisely by perhaps seeing the system in action somehow, maybe a trip to RadioShack® or elsewhere would help. Will you need to keep your computer on 24/7 and not in sleep mode to be actively recording when you're sleeping or away @ work. Looking @ your cameras before confronting a perp might serve you well if you can detect a weapon in hand. IF you can clearly see that the intruder has run off and there's no threat to your property anymore stay inside your home until morning, risk avoidance.

Alarms, if you're in the city you'd be at the mercy of neighbors & cops enforcing noise ordinance laws w/increasing fines for subsequent 'false alarm' offenses, not good. In the country I say go for it, the more noise the better unless you have a neighbor right on top of you. LEO & armed forces use flash-bang grenades for disorienting their targets, by setting up lights and noise the perp would not be able to see or hear you coming, if I were the perp I'd be making friggin' tracks outta there before getting shot or dog attacked. suddenly being blind and deaf makes for a turn in confidence in anyone.

Your dog, any breed will bark but protective breeds will kick ass, before going outside yourself (if you must) send out the dog(s) to soften the fucker up a bit first.

The Perps:

Tweakers of all hard drugs, these jerks don't carry guns unless they're carrying one away from a burglary, if they had a gun they'd be trading it for drugs/cash. Even a cheap .25 auto is worth 50-$100 on the streets and tweakers always look for the path of least resistance in getting their next fix.

Home invaders, these fuckers will always have a weapon on them but they too are cowards at heart and are relying on the element of surprise in dominating their prey. Lights and an alarm of some sort will alert giving the homeowner a chance to arm themselves; imo this perp walks/runs every time he's confronted by good electronic security.

Common thief, this scumbag usually has an underlying motive of some sort w/two being mentioned already, thrill seeking or just needing to supplementing an inadequate paycheck may be other causes. This guy might be carrying a gun too for protection as opposed to a planned confrontation. Just like anybody else this guy isn't sticking around to find out what's coming next after triggering a perimeter alarm system.

gunner.gif
In Home Defenses
gunsmilie.gif
~ ~ ~ are up to you and your comfort level. I've grown up with guns all my life & I'm comfortable and confident in making an instant and intelligent decision in their use.

Are you worried that your you, wife or kids might be attacked or confronted somehow on your property? Do you tend an outdoor med garden? Make sure the alarm system you have installed has panic buttons worn on the person with adequate range. Train the family to alert an adult & get to the house whenever a stranger approaches.

Really, the best offense is a great defense. A thief will almost never return assuming that there's good shit to steal just because you have an effective defense, thieves are cowards and there's the immediate risk/reward they have to consider in ever returning to your well defensed home, if they don't know what you have in your home it's not gonna be worth risking their life.

NOW! If you've broken rule #1 then the thief can better balance the risk/reward factor knowing a garden awaits him in your home. He may wait until you're gone to rob you regardless of electronic defenses but the danger here is if you happen to come home during the burglary.

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
this is the type of stuff that makes me glad im a warlock and can curse people to die slow and painful deaths for wronging me.

if anyone tries to break into my alchemy lab i'll turn them into a fuckin frog yo