What's new

ATOMIC NORTHERN LIGHTS??

G

allright i retracted my statement about these plants,
i was originally upset because a strain that was advertised as short and squat and mostly indica produced thin sativa like leaves , that said i am impressed with these plants, this is my first go w/ co2 and RO so that could be part of it but these things are corncobs. i have a week to go and the pistils are still white so i dont think theyll be on time but apart from the poor description these are some nice plants, ill post an update soon
thanks for looking and your input
peace

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Is that the NL#5? If so, it's one-eighth Thai, which that sure looks like it has had more than a sniff of! I've never bought any Dr. Atomics, but that does look pretty sativa to me.

How are they on flower time though? Do they grow at sativa speed, or do they just look like it?

G

they grow pretty fast, they are currently ahead of some nycd that had fert issues

G

dont stress yet. i had an unknown plant once that looked really sativa untill its last 3 weeks. i know that sounds strange, but it slowly got fatter and fatter leaves. it was finished at day 56.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow psuedo thats a drag man. i had atomic nl and was happy with it. wonder if they mixed up the seeds and sent you atomic haze-even then its supposed to be 75% nl, so i dont know...hope at least the smoke comes out killer...good luck....sub

Just wait till 1 week before their finished. (judge it by the trichs) Give it some time. Real NL dosent look like Hashplant. Finish it out. It will be a skull popper. Nl is not known to smell much but if you smoke it. You will understand. Wait it out.

G

Sorry to hear that psuedo, I have grown a number of the Dr.s products, inculding his nl. I would argue that his is really the best available. I know that in certain parts of Canada it is a staple.
I am growing BBx NL again this year and its one of my favorite strains. VERY potent and a good yielder and good taste.

I beleive more than once in the past years ive been sent the wrong seeds and that could have happened. I would wait until chop and smoke to draw my final conclusion.

Romdog, Ive dealt with DR. G numerous times. Call him on the phone, its been my experience that he wouldn't want you to loose your money. Give him a call.

Rgd

Veteran
There have been a few people i know who have
had good Atomic NL's a few yrs ago..
That plant you are dissing may end up good if you grow it out well.
It doesn't look bad. Depending which NL,they are not all indica,nor should they be.
the best yielders come from sativa/indica crosses

Saw the pictures of romdog11's mtf plant.
It looked like mine, and mine was a knockout and 6+ft.
BUT i let mine finish and gave it enough light.
You didn't let it even finish..just gave up .
Just learn to GROW, Romdog11
Its YOU, not the strain.
You had offers of advice but you would rather NOT blame it on
yourself.
Pity

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
been thinkin on this since i saw the thread-i remember questioning these genetics, and the strain itself, right up to the end! i took them over 60 days-dont give up on them man-they might just treat you right! lets see if i can find some photos-i remember having very TALL atomic nl with slender leaves also, but it came out heavy indie high:

Last edited:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how can you diss the smoke when you havent even finished her yet?
thats not real fair, is it?
grow them out, cure em, smoke em, then give an opinion.

G

im not trying to dis the smoke frankfurter, its probably good, im dissin the fact that i ordered a mostly indica plant and got leggy sativas, if i wanted a sativa northern lights would not be my choice, im looking for a short thick indy dom plant to sog and thats why i ordered
northern lights, i got rid of my NL5 mom because she was real old and was lacking vigor,
if they turn out like subrobs ill have some killer smoke but still no mom
thanks for the pics subrob, mouthwatering
does anybody got the docs ph #?
thanks

Rastanfisk

NL - In the Sativa version :fsu:

:bashhead:

Get the Bastard and give him A LOT of crap :) Just like the crappy shit, you have paid fore :spank:

Peace:lurk:

clowntown

Veteran
I'd sue for malpractice for sure. :spank:

Take his ass to Judge Judy! :dueling:

judge-judy.jpg

Last edited:
G

he bought an indica, and has an obviously sativa-pheno-yielding strain... Yeah, I guess it was a mixup. Tell that to the dude who spend the hard-earned money, and who may or may not get any real resolution to this very realistic complaint.
If the breeder mixed up the seeds... THAT SUX, our ICmagger took the risk of having it shipped, along with the expense.

Same thing happenned to me with a TH Seeds strain (or 2)...

No grower error here. Breeder, if anything.

Dr. Atomic. You need to make resolution for this Dude. Your name is not too great right now, and I will hold off on ordering.

My patience has expired regarding "breeders" MIXING UP THE SEEDS. lol