What's new

Aspirin vs. Marijuana

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aspirin vs. Marijuana

Laurence M. Vance
On this day in 1899, Bayer patented aspirin. ( Here's 1 of many news stories on this "wonder drug" http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/chris/2003/06/04/aspirin_the_bitter_pill_that_kills.htm ) ( and another: https://www.wddty.com/magazine/2017/march/painkillers-the-14-day-time-bomb-1.html ) This wonder drug has killed thousands in several different ways. This is thousands more than have been killed by marijuana. How about a government war on aspirin instead of marijuana?

Limeygreen

Veteran
Native americans and different cultures have used willow bark tea as their form of aspirin for many centuries, same active ingredient. Some people cannot take it due to allergies but it doesn't make it bad, to be honest aspirin works better than t3's or opiates for me which I would prefer to take than opiates in the first place. If it's surgery then opiates first please then aspirin to make sure my body doesn't go into shock.

If you want to complain about what bayer has patented look at morphine and heroin, heroin was produced to cure morphine addiction and supress coughs just as morphine was produced to cure opium addiction and supress coughs, now that is next level evil if you ask me.

Weed = good , Some drugs = Bad, therefore to many it seems All other drugs = bad so that makes Weed > All other drugs. It is amazing that Cannabis has zero risk of death, but that doesn't make other substances bad. Aspirin, for example,at low doses lowers risk of heart attack. It also provides decent antiinflammatory effects for general aches and pains.

If you look at the structure of Aspirin, you will see it just a ester of naturally occurring Salicylic acid. If you compare THCA to Salicylic acid, you will see THC as a heavily substituted Salycylic acid analogue. You can acetylate THC in the same way you can acetylate salicylic acid to produce Aspirin.

I find it hard to comprehend that people are still shocked the government is hypocritical about cannabis. Their motives have been clear for years and there are not any "gotcha" moments that will to get them to change. Science and facts are meaningless when dealing with people's "values"

Latest posts

Latest posts