What's new

Ashes' 14K Puppet Show

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

I'm scared. And threatened.

So I've been talking about overcrowded buds. This is not a super overcrowded bud, nor is the color true to life, but it hints at my concern:

picture.php

Clearly, the interior of the flower is in a different metabolic condition than the outside.

On a larger scale (and this is why I've been supercropping the terminals to spread them out):

picture.php

Left on their own, the leads of the (tertiary?) laterals would be snuggled up inside the whole of the flower cluster, rather than developing as individual colas. I've never had this problem before...

Fucking PPKs.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

I'm scared. And threatened.

So I've been talking about overcrowded buds. This is not a super overcrowded bud, nor is the color true to life, but it hints at my concern:

View Image

Clearly, the interior of the flower is in a different metabolic condition than the outside.

On a larger scale (and this is why I've been supercropping the terminals to spread them out):

View Image

Left on their own, the leads of the (tertiary?) laterals would be snuggled up inside the whole of the flower cluster, rather than developing as individual colas. I've never had this problem before...

Fucking PPKs.

we don't want you to sprain your wrist on those buds so use both hands.

now how about some pics of how you are set up for pulse and sub/drain?

maybe a little info about volume and duration? anything else you might feel like throwing in?

does the supercropping make trimming easier or increase yield or both?

I forgot to mention that the second shot was at five weeks on a nine weeker. So you can see my problems...

I'm still upgrading pulse and sub. I have a 1200 gph with auto shut off that I can hit 12 plants with every hour or so for whatever it does...

I have another smaller pulse reservoir that I pulse with a 900 every ten minutes for ten seconds. Classic pulse style.

The super-cropping is really to move flower sites into gaps, and spread out colas so that they don't overcrowd and starve themselves.

As this process evolves, I seem to be able to create a more classic weed donut with far fewer plants. I have no aisles to work in anymore. Everything is crawling now. Price you pay to get the price they pay.

But as it evolves, I see more upgrades.

And my to do list is still fifty lines long.

Fuck.

bobblehead

Veteran
5 weeks? You're fucked.. just fucked! I'd cut it all down in another 4 weeks and start over if I was you...

Hey Ashes I agree with that 1st budshot. I do not trust that light greenish colour in it. Perhaps you want to 'cut' it open to see what is happening inside. I suspect fungus spreading up.

GL towards harvest!

Ha.

It's been four and a half weeks since I took the picture, and didn't post it. So maybe I should just cut it down right now and be done with the problem. Or wait another four days. Hummm... such a problem. But cutting it down definitely seems to be the solution.

Hushem,

I cut it down a few weeks ago, and cut it up. And then, uncertain about its color variation, eventually ended up burning it. While I stay well clear of the smoke from such fires, other people may have gotten closer to it, and they may have reported it easing certain tensions their minds and bodies. But who gets so close to the fire, and finds peace therein? Someone should study this phenomenon. And, after a few millennium of observation, maybe promote it for health and well being, and the easing of certain ailments.

I want to check out your NL round six grow when I have a few minutes, and now I don't have to search it out. So thanks for posting in this thread and making it easy to find.

Ashes,

No rot after all, which is good :D

Have fun reading my round 6 thread. Mark that a horizontal setup until the end of plant strech most likelly will be better for the plants development during vegitation phase and early flower.

More older pics I forgot to post. (Center 7 of 9, rt 5 of 9, lft 5 of 10))

More older pics I forgot to post. (Center 7 of 9, rt 5 of 9, lft 5 of 10))

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

D

DHF

Just shows that everything covered in reflectix , especially the ceilings with bare bulbs makes the room it`s own air-cooled reflector with dialed environment and plants ...........

I had my best runs with killin sucker branches off the main laterals and never toppin the plants.....

Again.........Respect Bro....THAT`S proof in the puddin for sideways lumens and bare bulbs............

Peace....Freds....... :ying:......

Delta: you just got to the flats.

I think the flat garden might be the right choice for you with your wattage limitations.

You can keep it longer and shorter and bounce different points of light into a well defined premium zone.

I do get concerned with people keeping their verts too flat. I love Ichabod's screens, but it seems like there is way more opportunity for bud volume in his canopy.

But I just noticed your thread's been updated, so I'll go look for pics.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I do get concerned with people keeping their verts too flat. I love Ichabod's screens, but it seems like there is way more opportunity for bud volume in his canopy.

But I just noticed your thread's been updated, so I'll go look for pics.

What? How dare you, how dare you? You pointed the obvious out about my grow. I am still new and am working on perfecting it. Does not stop me from showing how I am doing it and getting critics from others. I am working on increasing my out put.

FOR THE RECORD (in case he wasn't joking):

Ichabod Crane's grows are sick. Super clean builds, with every detail attended to. He doesn't have a link in his sig, but whomever hasn't followed his work should. His construction is clean, and every step seems extremely deliberate and impeccably thought out.

And he has smoked enough of his only-two-a-day-joints to be ahead by two years, and that has proven to his wife, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he is no procrastinator.

Another thing you'll notice by reading his thread is that his ability to consistently take down crop after crop, in conjunction with keeping up on his schedule, keeps his family fed and sheltered. I never noticed a GPW discussion--which, I don't participate in here either--but he says no one is going hungry.

Family not starving = success.

Clean builds and beautiful plants = success.

(Now just wait 'till he transitions to PPKs.)

Latest posts

Latest posts