What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ashamed for Scotland

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
its a sad day when I say that

But after watching that piece of police propoganda that BBC Scotland showed called Hash in the Attic a couple of weeks ago (3rd Nov)
I just watched it again and can't believe they think that this is investigative journalisim
All there info comes from the cops and a so called grower turned anti drug's
no doubt to shorten her sentence, there isn't 1 single independent voice in this whole show

according to the cops we are all part of a criminal empire who people smuggle and
run prostitute rings when we are not busy making millions from growing
of course we all grow the new "Super Skunk" and sell to school children

if you missed it you can watch it here on youtube, there's 2 parts and a bit of the third
where you see one of the big grow op's they busted that was being run by the people
from the land towards the rising sun :noway:

part 1

part 2

part 3

I also found this on another site, kind of sums up the way I feel about this
"Hash in the Attic" - or mince on the BEEB?

Last night I had the misfortune to watch BBC Scotland's much hyped "Hash in the Attic" documentary on home grown cannabis production. Or should I say the Scottish Police Service's documentary?

Because rarely have I watched such a blatant piece of establishment placed drivel of my TV set. "Propagandist" would be too mild a word to describe un-sourced assertion after assertion made in this programme - "a £100 million pound industry", ( apparently more than the total value of all Scottish vegetable production!) , and one with, of course, direct links to organised crime, illegal people trafficking and prostitution. Links which, in the view of the closing and unchallenged remarks of Scotland's top drugs busting plod, "should make people think long and had before they roll their next joint"

Aside from facts to back up any of this - but loads of police supplied video - the most obvious thing totally absent this "investigative report" was any alternative perspective, any questioning of why busting into people homes to seize hash plants was a police priority? ( I had to laugh as a council scheme in Leven was described by the BBC reporter as "suburbia"!)
And whilst we were told, totally unchallenged, the police view on all the valuable work they were doing to combat this evil "£100million pound industry", we got no information at all about the cost of the policing operation, its conviction rates, and the overall point of it - especially in light of epidemic in terms of hard drug dealing, to say nothing of alcohol abuse. particularly by under 18s.

But it was as a piece of investigative journalism, rather than the issues it purported to report upon, that most concerned me about this film. Is this police driven establishment propaganda the best BBC Scotland can come up with? And where was the "due impartiality? In the light of the litany of police driven urban myths to justify many of their high profile operations - "the 25,000 sex slaves" one most recently busted wide open by some real investigative reporting in The Guardian, is BBC Scotland operating in some sort of bubble of naivety, sold hook line and sinker this police placed mince ? In the same week as the UK Government's main drugs advisor was sacked for speaking some sense on the "war against drugs" it is genuinely depressing to find BBC Scotland, not just so craven, but so far off the pace.

Posted by Aye We Can ! at

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I agree OP, they properly f*cked this program up...I said elsewhere but they seemed to be trying to make one documentary about 2 completely different growing scenarios.. further lumping in hobby growers with asian gangs.... utterly preposterous!

SuperConductor

Veteran
That big grow in the west end was impressive tho and the copper showing it knew what he was talking about. that fat bint who was supposedly a grower was just stupid, I reckon she got done for a couple of personal plants and is lying through her lipstick encrusted teeth, selling rucksacks to gangsters my arse and the James Bond comment she made? Complete bullshit artist looking for attention.

The BBC is the propaganda wing of the UK Government nothing more you shouldn't be surprised at this garbage. They did have an independant voice by the way, the guy talking about prices is sound and does proper research asking users and growers but they only showed him talking about how much money is in it nothing about what he thinks of prohibition etc. The title of the show tells you what type of person it's aimed at ;)

SuperConductor

Veteran
You may not have seen it being ex-pat an all but there's a crappy afternoon game show called Cash in the Attic watched mainly by housewifes and blue rinse types, bet they read the Daily Mail too :D

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
we get the beeb in nl mate... i get to witness all that good shite..lol

at least they didnt have jonty whatsit hosting it.... ;)

back to the orignal post though... I think if they'd stuck to the asian gangs aspect and not tried to include everyone with a lamp under the same label, they might've managed the scare mongering they were aiming for...instead of having people laughing at them for being hysterical over johnny sodium and his 9 plants.

Senior Pasty Bisco? whadya this Canna be a scortsmen. Florida has Nothing at all like it, also that yankee twanger speak is Irish/jewish. C`mon @ Least Speak of the Devil truthfully there is nor comparision to the Homelands.

ButteredIt

where can i get some of that skunk weed? i hear it's the best.

sad shit.

like the sad woman said, i hope MY kids don't grow up smoking hydroponic marijuana.

...only organic.

B

buddymate

Just watched it,that lady was a highly profficient professional grower knicking out 170k's worth of grass a year but she spoke crap like that?Bulls**t :crazy: she needs an equity card.

DankSide

Whoa.....

Too many quotes to even comment on from the first part - from associating growing with violence to selling skunk to kids.

Even a female officer remarks in one scene, "they seem so innocent" - well DUH.

None of the people arrested on the police footage appeared violent at all.
These are not situations that warrant riot gear.

What is the DEAL Scotland? I was just over visiting Glasgow, Portree and Kilsyth the past year. No trouble finding weed or hash and only the older Scots seemed to turn a wee mean eye to the cannabis bud.

This just simply cannot be an accurate representation of how Scotland's population perceives cannabis at large. All this talk you hear about skunk, then superskunk, next they will say its the new super potent genetically modified atomic skunk.

Portree is perhaps the most amazing place I've ever been, what a sight and what a bus ride! haha.

Hope this is the last we'll see of brash attacks on MJ from the Scots.

A

Amstel Light

i hate this bitch kay......hardcore drug... my god....grown by predators ....i hope she gets cancer and needs the EVIL HARDCORE WEED...bitch has me pissed..
whats with the tyvec suits? wow 300lbs per plant ?! did the cop in part 3 say that? hehee

eddison

should be promoting it ,I,d rather they smoked good unadulterated weed . instead of buckie and cheap blues
So Grow your own I say .

Latest posts

Latest posts