What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ash and charcoal in flower from the wildfires

My heart goes out to everyone dealing with loss and grief from the fires. What are people doing to clean the ash and cinders off of sticky flower? My bud is covered in it. I was able to get a fair amount off with compressed air, but it's still basically ruined unless I can clean it better...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://bigbudsmag.com/how-to-wash-cannabis-after-wildfire/

The two-step technique is a cleaning method that many cannabis cultivators said had worked for them to scrub their harvests clean.

The popular method calls for:

Two five-gallon buckets
One cup baking soda
One cup pure lemon juice
Water (does not need to be purified water or reverse osmosis water)
Here’s what you need to do:

Fill both buckets with water, about 1–2 inches from top
Combine baking soda and lemon juice, pour mixture into one of the buckets of water
Dip and swirl bud in the water/baking soda/lemon mix for 2–5 mins, or until you see that the bud is noticeably cleaner
Once it’s been cleaned in the first bucket containing the mixture, rinse bud by dipping and swirling it in the water-only bucket. This step only requires a quick dunk and swirl, as the first step cleans off a lot of debris
Hang bud to drip dry, similar to how you would normally hang your bud post harvest.

mister c

Wash them with plain water...similar to a rain. The ash dissolves and runs off. Air will not work (we tried)

There is a decent amount of potash in the ash. Think of it like a bloom foliar.

Smoke is the real concern. Cant wash it off.

Bongstar420

Grow indoor in a better location. When you go outdoor in a dry climate, you must accept the consequences.

I promote indoor for a reason, this is one of many.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Grow indoor in a better location. When you go outdoor in a dry climate, you must accept the consequences.

I promote indoor for a reason, this is one of many.

The sun is free and you are locking up carbon. It's sustainable. Indoor growing is not.