What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

As of today what is the absolute MOST POTENT cannabis strain available?

Why do you even want the most potent? I don't know if you are growing your weed or buying, but the "danks" that are sold on the street really can't compare to some good taken care of home grown bomb ass strain. So from there I would just say, if your growing. Look through some threads here, see what people like for indica's and same for sats. Then buy a few packs of those seeds, and grow them out. I don't think you will find your fav. weed right away(but you might) But you will start to see what types of highs you like. Buy a few ind/sat strains too, if you wanted. Then before long who knows you might find the next big thing.

aeric

Veteran
I could care less about most potent when there's plenty of it around, enough to roll a J, just take another hit. What I prefer is type/quality....which is totally subjective, as already stated.

There's a strain round here called vagina of death that only one guy has and wont let anyone have, hear it is the most potent strain in existence, all your dreams will come true and you will see the world with X-ray eyes, it sells for $300/gram.

4 Dragons

Sam_Skunkman said:
To be honest there is no most potent Cannabis, there is only the most potent for you. Cannabis has many componates that contibute to the subjective effects, THC is the most important, but if you smoke pure 100% THC you will be shocked to find it is not stronger then 50-70% THC resin. All of the different reported subjective effects of Cannabis are a result of the additional componates besides THC. But each person responds differently and desires different componates with the THC. There is no best just personal preference. Example: Do you like couchlock Indica's or soaring Sativa's? If you say Indica then no Sativa will be the best, and if you love Sativa's then a super potent Indica will not be your preference, even if it has more THC.
Cannabis subjective effects are not simple, and any attempt to boil it all down to THC is doomed to failure.
I suggest you find a Cannabis that has the taste and type of high you like as well as being strongest.

-SamS

I see where you are going with this but I do not agree. I love Sativas and a good Indica has it's place here too but I can promise that if an Indica lover smoked the best Sativa I ever smoked they would say it was the most potent smoke they ever had. You just cannot deny the strength of something just because you like something else more. While it has something to do with what a person prefers it really isn't subjective, that would be like saying Demerol isn't any stronger than Aspirin because someone prefers Aspirin, It comes down to intoxication levels. So is one type of Marijuana more potent than another? Absolutely! What someone prefers is another story and to get back to the original question I have no idea as I haven't grown them all.

4 Dragons said:
I see where you are going with this but I do not agree. I love Sativas and a good Indica has it's place here too but I can promise that if an Indica lover smoked the best Sativa I ever smoked they would say it was the most potent smoke they ever had. You just cannot deny the strength of something just because you like something else more. While it has something to do with what a person prefers it really isn't subjective, that would be like saying Demerol isn't any stronger than Aspirin because someone prefers Aspirin, It comes down to intoxication levels. So is one type of Marijuana more potent than another? Absolutely! What someone prefers is another story and to get back to the original question I have no idea as I haven't grown them all.

I think I agree with that more so than Sam. I mean, I prefer sativa type highs. But when I smoked some really well grown blockhead... I'd never been so high off weed for the ammount I smoked. It felt more like a mix really, although the physical effect was definatley indica and the mental was just trippy, I'd definatley qualify it as more of an indica! Got me waaaaaaaaaaaay higher than any sativa I've ever smoked. But I also think Sam kind of misresponded to the question, since it was pertaining to the most potent, not the best (no offense Sam, I'm sure you know way more than pot about me.)

I think Fuma Con Dios has 25% thc or something though. What's strange is, for such a potent smoke, I've never even been able to find a smoke report or anything on it.

sophisto

White Russian is 22%

Alaskan or MAnatuskan thunder f**k is up there to I read like 25 or something??

So many and the factors in which they are grown, dried, and cured all play a part as well.

We have all smoked good strains that we not grown well...If you arrive at the breeders genetic potential of what was intended for the strain and get the THC CBN ratios they idealized you will have some pretty potent pot no matter what you grow....

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sam said it well ...it's all about personal preference... you can not say that a very potent indica is elite if the other guy is an sativa lover. it's really not only thc that makes the high...but a composition of various factors (the chemical reactions are only one part). I had the the White Russian from Seriousseeds (for pics search in my gallery:) ..and some plants were dam potent, probably one of the strongest indica/sativa hybrids that i remember but it's very depending on the pheno as well. the bad thing was that i had a fast tolerance build up, also the flavor was not so nice ...while an organic grown & well matured deep chunk makes me always happy... so i think it's really not all a matter of pure thc. actually the most important for me is the flavor :D

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
TheOneWill said:
I heard Sugar Shack is pretty high up there.
i'll attest to this i've been growen it for 18 months now and in potentancy department it kicks but stronger then most Kush's i smoke. my tollerance dosent build upto it to bad kinseed has been out of stock since 04 on the shack.

but duder Sam hit the nail on the head

T

TheOneWill

Well if you made some seeds give me a pm MAJ. PotHead. I'm been trying to get this and I know they won't ever probley be on the market again.

aeric said:
There's a strain round here called vagina of death that only one guy has and wont let anyone have, hear it is the most potent strain in existence, all your dreams will come true and you will see the world with X-ray eyes, it sells for $300/gram.

:bashhead:

High Jinks

I wish i knew who said it, but I'll paraphrase it by saying 'the best stuff out there isn't a award winning or even well known strain. Its some mislabeled hybrid growing in some random novices' closet, and only people lucky enough to be this guy's friend will ever smoke it.'

HouseHead

There are many different cannabinoids other than THC. Not all strains carry the same cannabinoids or in the same amounts, so i would guess its the certain cannabinoids in the right amounts that hit the sweet spot for your body's chemistry. Basically THC is the main cannabinoid that is measurable that everyone knows of so they must have the highest THC content, when in reality theres so many more cannabinoids (many unreadable at the moment) than THC that makes the high your looking for. So just sample many different strains till you find your best. Thats what i do. :)

High Jinks said:
I wish i knew who said it, but I'll paraphrase it by saying 'the best stuff out there isn't a award winning or even well known strain. Its some mislabeled hybrid growing in some random novices' closet, and only people lucky enough to be this guy's friend will ever smoke it.'

And you all know this is true. Think of how many super potent strains came from guys who never use the internet (Road Kill Skunk, the pot that chemdog seeds came from, etc) and might actually be surprised to learn that their stuff is considered so much better than anyone else's. To them, it's just really good weed.

Kr@kEn

Sam_Skunkman said:
To be honest there is no most potent Cannabis, there is only the most potent for you. Cannabis has many componates that contibute to the subjective effects, THC is the most important, but if you smoke pure 100% THC you will be shocked to find it is not stronger then 50-70% THC resin. All of the different reported subjective effects of Cannabis are a result of the additional componates besides THC. But each person responds differently and desires different componates with the THC. There is no best just personal preference. Example: Do you like couchlock Indica's or soaring Sativa's? If you say Indica then no Sativa will be the best, and if you love Sativa's then a super potent Indica will not be your preference, even if it has more THC.
Cannabis subjective effects are not simple, and any attempt to boil it all down to THC is doomed to failure.
I suggest you find a Cannabis that has the taste and type of high you like as well as being strongest.

-SamS

Nothing has 100% THC, even REFINED honey oil has 90% THC at most (usually more like 70%). But hash oil also has cbd / cbn in it. How much cbd/cbn to THC ratio depends on the cannabis product used to make the hash in the first place.
The finest strains in the world have over 20% THC. Some claim to be close to 30% but they are full of shit.

Indicas generally have more cbd and cbn, which is what gives you the 'couchlock' stoned buzz. Makes you hungrier and sometimes sleepy. PURE indicas with more than 15% THC are unusual however.

The best pure sativas generally have very little cbn / cbd, resulting in a less lazy high. The best sativa's have 20+% THC with what is sometimes referred to as a cleaner more energetic high.

This is why many of the best strains today are hybrids (indica sativa mixes). They have lot's of THC but plenty of cbd / cbn to keep the indica lovers satisfied.

THC is a huge factor for anyone that smokes and grows cannabis.

Take lowryder for instance, low THC but high cbd / cbn. Most that try to grow it are very disappointed in the high because there is not enough THC. Even if they prefer indicas, it's still not good enough.
So THC is the biggest factor in potency.

But indica or sativa preference is a whole nother issue. That's why some like to grow really potent sativas and really potent indicas so they have both. ;)

Last edited:
G

I got some Purple OGchemkushdogdieseldeeznutz Haze that is off the hook ... in fact no hook exists that can handle it's magnitude ... Sorry ... No Pics

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Kr@kEn,
"Nothing has 100% THC, even REFINED honey oil has 90% THC at most (usually more like 70%)."

Wrong, I have 100% THC, it was made for me. I tested it on my GC, Gas Chromatography and indeed it was 99.99% THC.

"Indicas generally have more cbd and cbn, which is what gives you the 'couchlock' stoned buzz. Makes you hungrier and sometimes sleepy. PURE indicas with more than 15% THC are unusual however."

Plants do not produce CBN rather it is a degradation product of THC & CBD. I have many pure Indicas from seeds I brought back from Asia with more then 15% THC.
And I have Indicas with only THC and no CBD and they are still couchlock....

"THC is a huge factor for anyone that smokes and grows cannabis."
"So THC is the biggest factor in potency."

I suggest until you smoke 100% pure THC you can not state this as fact. I have smoked 100% pure THC and what you said is wrong! Ask anyone who has smoked 100% pure THC and you will find they agree that 50-70% THC resin is much better.

BTW You seem to think that Indicas are couchlock from all the CBD in them, yet when CalNORML tested buyers clubs Cannabis they found little to no CBD in the varieties sold. http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/potencystudy.html

I have found the same when I tested all of the High Times Cannabis entries in 3 years of Cannabis cups, very, very, little to no CBD in any of the entries (.1% or less) So where do you find the varieties with CBD?

4Dragons,
"I can promise that if an Indica lover smoked the best Sativa I ever smoked they would say it was the most potent smoke they ever had."

Not true, I have given Original Haze to smokers that prefered Indicas and they did not like them and said that they did not even get very high.
You must remember that Cannabis is a learned experience, this is why so many do not get high the first time they smoke, they are high but they have not learned to recognize it yet. If you prefer Indicas Sativas will not ring your bell, and if you prefer Sativas, Indicas will not ring your bell. I know I don't like Indicas regardless of the potency, it is not my cup of tea.

"So is one type of Marijuana more potent than another? Absolutely!"

Only subjectively, you can't find an Indica that is more potent then an Original Haze to me. To someone else the opposite may be true. And you can not find a single variety that all smokers will agree is most potent. Why not?

-SamS

Last edited:
G

Sam_Skunkman said:

-SamS

QFT!
Im from a very famous area in the US in regurds to marijuana and Ive smoked thousands of varietys that were all top shelf. Its really hard to put a finger on which is the best, considering even sister varietys can develop legions of fans who all insist Sister A is the better of the two, when ofcourse Sister B fan club says the same thing about their chosen variety. The plants are related, sisters infact; but both have their own special qualities that make folks loyal to their stance on the varietys.

Some of the best ive smoked in recent years is Mother of Thor, it yields respectably and has a mind **** type high. Who knows, next years outdoor crop could bring my next favorite variety. One of the reasons this hobby keeps you coming back for more. Its like a treasure hunt, never know what you're going to find. :canabis:

Last edited:

G.A.

Green Ambassador
Veteran
Hi Sam,

12%, 30%, 54%, 99.9%, it are all nice figures and I don't argue about anything you said above, but the figure is not the feeling....

Last Highlife Hempfair in Amsterdam I was smoking my 31.7% bubblelator, mostly Indica.
I was pritty stoned all the time, till an American friend came by with some good Nepalese and Morroccan hash.
Through the feeling of beïng stoned of the Bubblelator came a swift and uplifting high after I took a couple of tokes of his nice Nepalese...
The feeling my own Bubblelator was missing...
The THC percentage of the Nepalese was 17.7%

My conclusion: "You can't beat the feeling"....

Keep on growing (your own) folks, take care and stay safe...

Peace, G.A.

BubblelatorCannaEmbassy.jpg

8125test_area_Canna_shield-med1.jpg

testbubblelatorCanna.jpg

8125close_testing-med1.jpg

8125man_testing-med1.jpg

8125results_tests1-1.jpg

PurplePeaceGreenAmbassadorandPurple.jpg

Last edited:
i thought G13 was the strongest in at 28% , second is white russian in at 23% depending on seed bank .

, but its not just the thc that gets you boxed is also the cbd content ,so a strain thats high in thc thats crossed with a strain thats high in cbd even though the cross will reduce both contents will be smokingly stronger than the originals : )

luminous

i dont usually stereotype people, but man, that long haired dude has to be lovin his job, suckin on your fingers all day long:D

Latest posts

Latest posts