What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aruba (Bodhi)

shiva82

it's a small island and expensive as a tourist. i always wanted this strain from bodhi. i just can't see it being a landrace , more like backyard heirloom. island is commercial tourist spot, mainly open windy beach , iguanas everywhere and aloe vera. i wrode my bike all over the whole island and it would be good spot to grow if you can water regular. weed was expensive, but maybe i was just being ripped off. i played golf on a non longer funded course in the centre of the island. the greens were actually black and made from crushed charcoal . the course would of been amazing once upon a time if had been watered and maintained , but in a quirky way i liked it , and when you landed on the "black" the ball would stop nearly dead. It is quite an arid , windy island but the weather is ideal all year round for ganja if you can water the plants regular and have a wind break and privacy. i would be interested to hear of venezuelan ganja and strains as that next mainland next to aruba along with columbia. i rarely hear of venezuelan ganja

Last edited:

JayWilly

I have these seeds In storage I bought from bodhi when he released them . I never got around to popping them and I couldn't find much info or grows of them to give me much interest . Would be cool to see some reports on this

swampthing

Never heard that Aruba had a Cannabis landrace like some other countries in the Caribbean.

From the ex colonies of the Netherlands only Indonesia is interesting.The Dutch brought seeds in the 19th century from India to Aceh to use it in the coffee plantation against caterpillars.
My guess was that they stem from the slave and spice trade days coupled with South and American landraces. Jamaican lines definitely have South Indian and African traits. Especially S Indian.

A Jamaican Lambsbread I used to run is probably the closest thing I’ve had in comparison to the Aruba line.

Grow em if you got em! And as always F2 the fug outta em!

swampthing

Aruba has always been the transit port for illegal goodies from Colombia cocaine include, but I never seen any Aruban weed offered in the shop.There are plenty overthere who smokes marijuana but never seen any commercial grow from the Island.

Here’s a photo of the Aruba I ran but this plant wasn’t veg’d long and wasn’t in a big pot. She was fantastic though.
428AC1D8-AABD-44FE-9621-02968EC52306.jpeg

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Here’s a photo of the Aruba I ran but this plant wasn’t veg’d long and wasn’t in a big pot. She was fantastic though. View attachment 18777628
Looks lovely and resinous.What kind of aroma did she had?

Aruba is a arid cacti/succulent island, but was never suitable to start plantations.Winning of gold and phosphate was more in the interest and there is always wind.

1667640776585.png

1667641211968.png

Looked into the book Cannabis from Chris Duvall, but nothing about Aruba, idem dito for the book The African roots of marijuana.
It's a beautiful variety, but not a landrace.

I have some f2’ of this, Aruba. Made by a homie several years back. He’s been passing em out ever since. I concur it has a nice tropical smell and taste and a very vibey high. Perfect for being outside or listening to music and breezing with the homies.

swampthing

Smelled like exotic banana and nutmeg. Kinda sunscreen like. Very similar to a Jamaican Lambsbread I ran once upon a time
I have some f2’ of this, Aruba. Made by a homie several years back. He’s been passing em out ever since. I concur it has a nice tropical smell and taste and a very vibey high. Perfect for being outside or listening to music and breezing with the homies.
Dangggg. Were they from Bodhi as well? If so, highly recommend growing (and F3ing the line in the name of preservation)

Last edited:

swampthing

Running my cross of Aruba x Sakura right now.

Hands down best internode branching I’ve ever seen. And the leaves… they’re rOund and wide.

These are at 2.5weeks veg.
It’s been another week and I’ve done a bunch of defoliating to get the internode branches light. I’m pretty aggressive when it comes to that but they shake right back and literally grow a new node w every other day.

In regards to it not being a landrace. I would guess it’s more of an heirloom lines that’s acclimated to Aruba over many generations. Like some Jamaicans my guess is that there roots may trace back to the spice and slave trade days. I suspect their heritage stems from lines from South and Central Americans, Africans, and/or Indian varietals.
That’s just my guess.

I’ll get more pictures of them as they gain more traction.

Thanks for checking em out

Swampy

Attachments

• 238C56A9-798E-4E1D-A5F4-86C63EFD546C.jpeg
    238C56A9-798E-4E1D-A5F4-86C63EFD546C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 549B414D-6E8F-408C-B5C4-D0E64CF6E284.jpeg
    549B414D-6E8F-408C-B5C4-D0E64CF6E284.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21

Terppalooza

hmm aruba landrace :) wonder what that is... i used to live there for a bit. we got alot of import weed from all over the place. much of the cheep weed was colombian import

swampthing

4E3F6383-0978-40F4-B7BC-CF3F17C543B2.jpeg

The runt/mutant is a male. I think he’s going to be the one I select for making the F2s.

First male I’ve ever experienced having trichs on its leaves in veg. Makes my fingers all tacky. Wild!

Looking forward to flipping them in the next week or two.