What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Artificial Intelligence...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The media lies all the time about all things. I don't know anyone that trusts what any news Media reports. It's even worse when the info is coming from Russia lol.. The robot does what's programmed. The kid had his finger in the wrong place nothing more. They're trying to spin it to look like the robot went after his finger which isn't possible.

mexweed

Veteran
there is a difference between these ai programs people develop, and quantum ai requiring quantum computers such as what the government researches, there will more than likely never be public consumer quantum computing, I think only NASA has a couple at this point maybe the navy, and china supposedly has one, quantum ai is what people associate with these ai programs and get freaked out about

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Don't fry bacon... bake it in the over at 350F for 15 or 20 minutes, flip once. Melt in your mouth crispy. I made bacon the wrong way for 50 years until I tried baking it in the oven instead of frying. Never look back.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Don't fry bacon... bake it in the over at 350F for 15 or 20 minutes, flip once. Melt in your mouth crispy. I made bacon the wrong way for 50 years until I tried baking it in the oven instead of frying. Never look back.
i don't know if it is my oven or the varying thickness of the bacon, but one end is always black before the other gets done. baking it seems to alter the flavor as well. i'll stick to frying where i have more control. if need be, i push one end up on the side of the skillet or slide one side off of the eye...i'm pretty sure that it is a sin in the eyes of the Lord to waste one of his most precious gifts to mankind...:yummy:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Here is something to consider with AI. Let's call it AI Genetics. Much akin to disorders like schizophrenia that are passed along in humans via genetics, from generation to generation, how about this.....

Suppose the original programmer who wrote the program that that runs the computer that can write code and program other computers made a mistake. Perhaps a mistake that might not manifest itself for a day a week a month or a year. If you understand assembly programming let's say he ordered a shift left instead of a shift right. That instruction may not be called or used for a long time.

This error might manifest itself in the form of a totally different but related error in the computer that is being programed by the original computer that has the human error in it. Now, other computers are 'born' and they all have an error, deeply embedded in their coding, genetically passed down from the first computer that had the human error.

This would be almost impossible to use any kind of trace program to find the error. Additionally, the symptoms will be different with every computer and every program.

An AI genetic flaw that is passed on like a human genetic defect.

If you're going to want to be human...... there's going to be a price to pay. My advice to AI computers..... be careful what you wish for. LOL

mirandanickl

The idea that AI might not be able to create AI smarter than itself, as discussed in the article by Ted Chiang, is a fascinating and thought-provoking perspective. The article touches upon several intriguing concepts and challenges related to the potential limitations of AI advancement. Embarking on a journey in nursing education requires the right foundation, and the WGU Nursing Program stands as a beacon of innovation and excellence. If you're curious about what this program entails, you're in the right place. WGU, known for its competency-based approach www.healthbenefitstimes.com/wgu-nursing-program-all-you-need-to-know-about/, offers a nursing program that's flexible and tailored to your pace. It's a canvas where you can paint your nursing aspirations without being confined by traditional semester structures. The program encompasses various degree options, from BSN to MSN, catering to different career stages. It's not just about learning; it's about growth, from student to skilled healthcare provider.

Last edited:
Reactions: JKD

hanfiking

The idea that AI might not be able to create AI smarter than itself, as discussed in the article by Ted Chiang, is a fascinating and thought-provoking perspective. The article touches upon several intriguing concepts and challenges related to the potential limitations of AI advancement. Embarking on a journey in nursing education requires the right foundation, and the WGU Nursing Program stands as a beacon of innovation and excellence. If you're curious about what this program entails, you're in the right place. WGU, known for its competency-based approach www.healthbenefitstimes.com/wgu-nursing-program-all-you-need-to-know-about/, offers a nursing program that's flexible and tailored to your pace. It's a canvas where you can paint your nursing aspirations without being confined by traditional semester structures. The program encompasses various degree options, from BSN to MSN, catering to different career stages. It's not just about learning; it's about growth, from student to skilled healthcare provider.
1713633136451.png

hanfiking

I don't agree, when generative AI can write and optimise code to create other AI's and Iterate its designs using machine learning and quantum computing, it will continue to optimise itself and its creation in tandem

Latest posts

Latest posts