What's new

ARREST WARRANT

i got charged with a bunch of stuff in texas and left the state that night.lol...cop says sir can i depend on you to be at the municipal building on such and such date?...i said oh yes sir and could you please give me directions to the courthouse one more time lest i lose my way..i sure dont wanna be late...thats been 25 years and this old fat man wont be visiting that humid shithole anytime soon.

Haha That's great legal maneuvering. Love it

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
There was one partner whose residence that was busted and he doesn't have any money. He found out about the warrant thru a standard background check for a job with the City. How can he find reliable employment with that stupid warrant hanging over his head?

they found 85 plants and various grow equipment

Dude has no money and cant get a job. He cant get a lawyer.
He knows how to grow. Except follow the golden rules.
Hes a target for sure. If I was him....
Ide hide out at a friends and grow in the mountains for a summer. Grow as much as humanly possible. Take the money and get a lawyer and then negotiate the details. ONCE you got the dough in hand! Without the money for representation, dude is getting tossed in the legal washing machine of a system!

B

BredForMeds

how involved was he in the operation that got busted.. how much evidence can they possibly have on him.. unless the dude is singing.. but even then.. they need convos..and proof.. your name has to come up on money transfers.. or like some1 said .. keep your mouth shut.. and admit to nothing..

DONT GO BACK.. but talk to a lawyer and try to clear it up.. if u weren't in the state at the time.. and didn't profit off it in anyway that would be provable.. then just sit back and keep quite..

RoadRash

Well let's weigh the choices:

A. Bask in the warm California sun and toke all day on tasty Cali genetics with the winds of freedom blowing through his hair

B. Rot in a stenchy jail cell with some fat toothless dude named Bubba

hmmm...hmmmm that's a tough one :laughing:

or, put another way,

A/ Bask in the warm California sun and enjoy some Bubba Kush.

OR

B/ spend 24/7 defending yourself against the 'Bubba Push'.

Door 'A' sounds better /understatement.

As far as the criminal record - there are plenty of employers that understand that Growing and Consuming Cannabis is NOT A CRIME.

Police that make their living waging war against a miracle plant ... terrorizing peaceful citizens ... GOD WHAT SCUM.

It even happens in states that have medical marijuana laws.

Nadicus - how are your programming & digital skills ? in the digital world especially, a felony pot charge is often not a bad thing - it's practically an asset.

One thing i wonder - the tide is turning re. Cannabis. i wonder if there's any merit to 'waiting it out' - see what happens re-legalization wise in 2014 and 2016.

Sort of like getting arrested for moonshine, right before the end of Prohibition.

L

Luther Burbank

Except moonshine is mostly still illegal, too. Lawyer up. There's been some terrible legal advice in this thread from people playing outlaw from behind keyboards.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Find out what you can but do not go back on your own accord. If it is an extraditabe offence they will come for you eventually. There is no statute of limitation for a felony charge, period. Most misdemeanors, however, are limited to 7 years.

If the charge is a felony, I would do all I could to avoid going back. More than likely it's just an FTA for the traffic stop.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OOh yeah...

Here's. some legal advice for all...

Keep in mind that all legalese is composed of "Words of Art".

Pick yourself up a copy of Blacks Law Dictionary. ;)

supermanlives

Veteran
the longer till trial/court /whatever the more chance of lost stuff, bad memories ,missing people ,dead people ect..good luck.. work was never an issue for me on the run when younger but times have changed lots since them days....construction,farm,nursery,orchard,fishing is where most hide . the worse and hard the job the less likely to get checked for anything.. way back when I actually got bonded to be around some expensive shit and had a warrant 6 states away lol beat charges later on...

spunion

Don't some or most warrants expire?

I would think a failure to appear in court warrant would go away after a year or two, if it was for a minor offense like not having car insurance.

edit: nevermind, I don't think there is a statue of limitations for failure to appear warrants