What's new

Are these grow tents nice?

jonezin

I want to get a grow tent. I'm thinking about getting one of the Hydrofarm Habitat 44's. Are those nice? Or are the HydroHut's nicer? The Hydrofarm are cheaper and that's why I was thinking about getting one of those, but I don't want one if they're made really cheap. I was going to bulid a couple walls in a corner of the room, but it would be easier to use a tent, and I'd be able to move it instead of having to take down walls if I decide I wanted to move it or something. :joint:

I dont no much bout the habitats, but the new hydrohuts are real nice. They are called growlabs. Have you heard of the darkrooms by secret jardin? Nice as well.

jamrockjay

I hope my bud box silver turns out to be what i expect, i doubt it tho as i have high expectations with everythin lol

D

deathtosoapbar

I hope my bud box silver turns out to be what i expect, i doubt it tho as i have high expectations with everythin lol

You should be happy with it man..ive got a budbox XL and never had problems with it ..no toxic fumes given off which ive heard of with other tent companies

jamrockjay

Yeah i have heard horror stories about some tents, i think its the knock off china ones that are worse, u know what they r like when it comes to pollution lol

Unam

Stay Away

Stay Away

Stay away from the HF Habitat, I bought one from the local shop and it started to kill off the plants in 2 days, leaves were yellowing, and it had the typical 'offgassing' symptoms.

I took it back and after some back and forth because they said that they don't exchange anything, they swapped it out for a Secret Jardin with the silver lining all the way around, that made all the diff.

They are still selling the white lined tents, but stay away, I bought one cause they were cheap and was lucky that they switched it it for me as an even trade.

Good Luck
U

SoEx

I want to get a grow tent. I'm thinking about getting one of the Hydrofarm Habitat 44's. Are those nice? Or are the HydroHut's nicer? The Hydrofarm are cheaper and that's why I was thinking about getting one of those, but I don't want one if they're made really cheap. I was going to bulid a couple walls in a corner of the room, but it would be easier to use a tent, and I'd be able to move it instead of having to take down walls if I decide I wanted to move it or something. :joint:

If you're into DIY you should think about making your own tent frame out of PVC piping. I did that and the setup worked great for its purposes.

jonezin

I checked into the Dark Room tents but everyone is telling me that they don't have those anymore. Now they're selling the Grow Lab's. Are they the same thing? One of the sites I saw the Grow Labs on said they were made by someone other than Secret Jardin. I forgot what the name of the company was though. I found a place selling the DR120 for $165, if they still have it anyway...

jonezin

I want to get one of these ordered tomorrow. I plan on calling that place in the morning and asking them if they still have any of those DR120's. That price is the lowest I've found BY FAR. Anyone know of a better price for it than $165?

What site would that be jonezin? If my memory serves me correctly the growlabs are by hydrohut. they are new models model after the darkrooms. Look just like them but there are 2 differences. The growlabs have actual "windows" instead of opening panels, you can unzip a panel & expose a "window" without actually opening the tent.

The other difference is that the growlabs movable roof sections "lock" into place, instead of just move. Check out www.everestgardensupply.com for more info.

secret jardin DR's are nice

secret jardin DR's are nice

What size space do you have? I have a 2 different size secret jardin darkrooms, a DR 240W for flowering size is approx: 4'wide x 8' long x 6.5' tall. I like it a lot and have had no off-gassing.
picture.php

I also have a small dr40 that I use to dry now, but it worked for the single plant I used it for a while back with no probs.

jonezin

FirstTimer76, what site are you asking about? The one that I found that's selling the DR120 for $165 you mean? Do you think the Grow Labs are nicer than the Dark Rooms then? Is that what you're saying? I can't look at them before I buy so I'm counting on you guys to steer me in the right direction. The grow place near me doesn't carry the Dark Rooms or the Grow Labs.

smokesalot420, Right now my space is pretty small. But it's being outgrown extremely fast and that's why I'm in a hurry to get one of these ordered.

audiohi, have you seen the Dark Rooms too? Or don't you have any experience with those? I might not be able to get a Dark Room anyway, but if I can get one for $165 compared to $250 for the same size Grow Lab I will probably get the Dark Room. Unless I can figure out how to come up with the extra cash for the Grow Lab fast, and as long as it's definitely worth the extra.

I just ordered a dr120 today.

Oh hey jonezin, I forgot to mention that I ordered mine from discount hydro. But it was 209.95 + s&h. Still had quite a few left when I spoke to the rep today. So if the company you speak of is out, give these guys a call. There real professional & nice as hell.

I just ordered a dr120 today.

Oh hey jonezin, I forgot to mention that I ordered mine from discount hydro. But it was 209.95 + s&h. Still had quite a few left when I spoke to the rep today. So if the company you speak of is out, give these guys a call. There real professional & nice as hell.

Hell yea bro doin BIG things...Yea Discount Hydro is the shit! That's where I bought my 600hps, blower, inline fan, Timer, and abunch of other stuff. Super fast shipping too. :joint:

-peace

audiohi

Veteran
I have a friend who has a dark room jonezin, but I have not been able to go see it. He has seen my growlab and said "Man.... they upgraded all the flaws of mine." I don't think he truly meant flaws though, rather opportunities. He loves his tent as well. I prefer the front opening of the growlab over the darkroom as it can fully be out of the way.