What's new

Are there any strains for music?

filo6942

My friend is looking for a strain that can help him with music. Has anyone ever smoked a strain that made you feel like you could hear farther or clearer? Would a sativa like blue dream be good for this?

Or should I tell him there is no such? :elf: Thanks!

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmm, I think any strain that gives what we call a body high would enhance music making and listening.

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
I love smoking a nice import hash like morrocan pollen or afghani squidgy black before a singing session. :)

C

crownedsparrow

I am smoking on some blue dream right now... whoever grew it did not flush properly and it is very noticable in the exhale.. but I cant say weather or not it makes music sound better... I would say something like SAGE or something with thai in it.. but I could be wrong... all weed makes music sound better.

I agree with overmind and stickyfingers...cant go wrong with satori, provided you get the right phenos. I think the "spear" pheno and "skyrocket" phenos sucked, but the "bat" pheno is one of the best overall herbs I have ever smoked.

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Your friend has some 'xploring to do. Music preferences and high preferences are subjective, so it's hard to say what generally would give somebody musicality skittles. Now if he's looking for the highness to do all the work for him with no inspiration to start with, he may be barking up the wrong tree.

enter sandman

Sativa is best for music...this is actually a well known fact. Many pro musicians and recording artists smoke nothing but sativa.

SuperHemp

Sativa's are better for making/playing/composing music, i like a heavy indica hybrid when I'm listening to music though.. I always do indica's for relaxing, i feel that i need to move or do stuff to get the most out of any sativa highs, the effects are diminished if you're sitting relatively still.

erbium

SSH is great for the stage. Energizing and pleasant.

Stay off the indicas if you are an improv band and want people to dance.

Jedi

"Madam, Miss Otis regrets, she's unable to lunch t
ICMag Donor
Sativas for Psytrance...haha

Get a strain that *makes you hear the voices* ,

:)

Kaneh

I would say African sativas.
Swazi and Power Plant are good.
I'm growing some Satori at the moment, I hope it's good also...

:smoker::violin::bongsmi:
:headbange:headbange:headbange

BPJR

BOG posted this yesterday. Maybe try his Sour Bubble

My sour bubble clone is sweet and bitter and the high is the finest and most pleasant of any weed I have ever smoked. Mine has a lime quality and a coffee brown taste as well. My clone won the 2008 LA Med Cup hands down over og kush and it was really no contest with headband og even although that is some good shit too. The high of my sb is not as couchy as lifesaver and a bit more fun really as it makes you see and hear shit. Listen to music on it people.

if you perform music, a sativa will do the trick, but yeah if ur just relaxin listenin to tunes then an indica can be great for that...

S

Stoner Gardener

MNS G13Widow get me & my bandmates making up some inventive stuff that we find worth recording. The pizza delivery dude liked the tunes at least. LOL!