What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are sports addictive?

Are sports addictive?

• Yes

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Burn all stadiums and incarcerate all athletes.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see so many people playing sports for their entire life and rarely quitting. So I think it must have some sort of addictive properties much like narcotics such as marijuana. So many workaholics seem to pervade these activities that I don't think they are entirely healthy to participate in. With the incredible increased heart rate and injuries such as arthritis, ligament damage, and chronic pain I think we should classify them as illegal. The high people get from exerting themselves is just too likely to be abused.

schwilly

Yes.

for serious

If I go a few days without physical exertion, I start to lose sleep.

No outdoor work in the winter, so I'm about to hit the gym for a fix.

Not as bad as ganj addiction though. I piss blood if I don't smoke every hour.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes.

for serious

If I go a few days without physical exertion, I start to lose sleep.

No outdoor work in the winter, so I'm about to hit the gym for a fix.

Not as bad as ganj addiction though. I piss blood if I don't smoke every hour.

LOL well there we have it folks the science is in and we can now put our efforts into eradicating this activity and also expand our jobs market by making these activities illegal! Increased heart rate in this country is just out of control! We can't possibly afford to pay everyone's health care who chooses to participate in such dangerous activities like sports. We need to start thinking about the good of everyone and with the rising costs of health insurance sports are just an archaic thing of the past that needs to be stamped out from society.

My God just think about the children!

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
imo you should be encouraging people to go have a heart attack in the wilderness !!

that way there is no health care costs,, your fertilizing the environment and lowering the population at the same time,,,

and thats a more natural death than most get as well,, its a win win

Definitely addictive, all depends on the person though! I picked up my first seasons pass about 3 years back and I have completely shaped my life around snowboarding since that time.

The point where I knew I was addicted was when I became willing to risk my physical well being in favor of chasing powder. I've now severely hurt my knee 5 or 6 times, and every time I would go out after the immediate and severe pain had subsided, and every time I went out I would reinjure my knee. It got to the point where I would go up and take 1 run and injure myself, and I finally had to say to myself this has to stop. Even after I saw the doctor the other day and he told me I had torn my ACL and a few other minor ligaments in my knee, my first question was how long till I can ride again?

It's an addiction... that's for sure! Whether it's bad or not depends on your perspective I guess?

L

LouDog420

I'm addicted to triathlon length orgies...

Not sure if it's the increase in heart rate, all that nice poon, or the cocaine off sheqwonda's ass that's causing my addiction though
moon.gif

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hehe this got bumped :p was an old thread kind of making of another. I am surprised at few want to burn down sports stadiums and incarcerate all athletes though.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes. My body craves going on 2 to 3 hour daily runs.

Man sad thing is this is actually true for some people...Kid in high-school a family member used to be friends with and bring over to stay the night ran him self to death...He would sneak out at night just to run for hours. they had to literally bolt his window shut and lock him in some nights...Not joking or exaggerating I am sure a google will pull up a few whack ass stories. People addicted to eating couch cushions, sand, piss, and all sorts of whacked out 'addictions'. I love video games but I'd never let my kid starve to fuckin death /shrug.

RudeDog

Veteran
:laughing: Funny you say that...I gave up smoking tobacco 2 years ago and just recently I keep getting the urge to go running....Fuck. Pass the bong.