What's new

Are Organics people more snobby than other Potheads ?

Ah, CC. The sun argument is so old. Man, I have the passion and the want to sit here arguing with you til my face turns blue, but I'm sure neither of us would budge. You'll see, though. That's why your side has gotten weaker and weaker, while mine has gotten stronger and stronger. Oooeee! That felt good to say. Ok, you can take your turn if you please. I know we both don't wanna argue about it though. ;)

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I watched Al Gore's film too, and was totally on your side... even before I saw the film. I argued (the way you do) til I was blue in the face. But when the sun warms all the planets in the solar system at the same rate, and this is simple fact, it's hard to stick with the simplistic explanation that it's us doing it all. Some, sure, but the biggest change is due to that massive ball of energy that heats everything on earth, and the solar system. Ice ages, jungle ages, etc... they have all happened in earth's past... Did we do that? Or was it dinosaur farts?

This is a good read on the topic. There are PLENTY just like it out there to enlighten yourselves with.

But to remind you, I was totally in agreeance with you, almost militant about it, until recently. So I can understand why you won't change your mind all of a sudden, just because you read my posts. hehehe

Sun to Blame for Global Warming

by John Carlisle

Those looking for the culprit responsible for global warming have missed the obvious choice - the sun. While it may come as a newsflash to some, scientific evidence conclusively shows that the sun plays a far more important role in causing global warming and global cooling than any other factor, natural or man-made. In fact, what may very well be the ultimate ironic twist in the global warming controversy is that the same solar forces that caused 150 years of warming are on the verge of producing a prolonged period of cooling.

The evidence for future cooling is supported by considerable scientific research that has only recently begun to come to light. It wasn't until 1980, with the aid of NASA satellites, that scientists definitively proved that the sun's brightness - or radiance - varies in intensity, and that these variations occur in predictable cyclical patterns. This was a crucial discovery because the climate models used by greenhouse theory proponents always assumed that the sun's radiance was constant. With that assumption in hand, they could ignore solar influences and focus on other influences, including human.

That turned out to be a reckless assumption. Further investigation revealed that there is a strong correlation between the variations in solar irradiance and fluctuations in the Earth's temperature. When the sun gets dimmer, the Earth gets cooler; when the sun gets brighter, the Earth gets hotter. So important is the sun in climate change that half of the 1.5° F temperature increase since 1850 is directly attributable to changes in the sun. According to NASA scientists David Lind and Judith Lean, only one-quarter of a degree can be ascribed to other causes, such as greenhouse gases, through which human activities can theoretically exert some influence.

The correlation between major changes in the Earth's temperature and changes in solar radiance is quite compelling. A perfect example is the Little Ice Age that lasted from 1650 to 1850. Temperatures in this era fell to as much as 2° F below today's temperature, causing the glaciers to advance, the canals in Venice to freeze and major crop failures. Interestingly, this dramatic cooling happened in a period when the sun's radiance had fallen to exceptionally low levels. Between 1645 and 1715, the sun was in a stage that scientists refer to as the Maunder Minimum. In this minimum, the sun has few sunspots and low magnetism which automatically indicates a lower radiance level. When the sun began to emerge from the minimum, radiance increased and by 1850 the temperature had warmed up enough for the Little Ice Age to end.

The Maunder Minimum is not an isolated event: it is a cyclical phenomenon that typically appears for 70 years following 200-300 years of warming. With only a few exceptions, whenever there is a solar minimum, the Earth gets colder. For example, Europe in the 13th and 15th Centuries experienced significantly lower temperatures and in both cases the cold spells coincided with a minimum. Similar correlations were found in the 9th Century and again in the 7th Century. Since 8700 B.C., there have been at least ten major cold periods similar to the Little Ice Age. Nine of those ten cold spells coincided with Maunder Minima.

There is no reason to believe that this 10,000-year-old cycle of solar-induced warming and cooling will change. Dr. Sallie Baliunas, an astrophysicist with the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics and one of the nation's leading experts on global climate change, believes that we may be nearing the end of a solar warming cycle. Since the last minimum ended in 1715, Baliunas says there is a strong possibility that the Earth will start cooling off in the early part of the 21st Century.

Indeed, it could already be happening. Of the 1.5° F in warming the planet experienced over the last 150 years, two-thirds of that increase, or one degree, occurred between 1850 and 1940. In the last 50 years, the planetary temperature increased at a significantly slower rate of 0.5° F - precisely when dramatically increasing amounts of man-made carbon dioxide emissions should have been accelerating warming. Further buttressing the arguments for future cooling is the evidence from NASA satellites that the global temperature has actually fallen 0.04° F since 1979.

Of course, it is impossible to precisely predict when solar radiance will drop and global temperatures will begin falling. But one thing is certain: There is little evidence that mankind is responsible for global warming. There is considerable evidence that the sun causes warming and will most likely stimulate cooling in the not so distant future.

RED145

100% FACT CC!!!!All the planets are warming because the sun is!!!The Scientist is gonna argue and say we are wrong tho!!SCIENCE says we are right!!

CC, this isn't about Al Gore's bogus misrepresentations, it's deeper than that, and I have researched it deeper than that, and have collaborated with numerous colleagues about it. It's about the majority of the entire credible scientific community telling us that the sun is not to blame, and it is man. You'll see. Time will prove you to be wrong. The Sun argument is dead, just dead. It's been beaten like a soggy donkey and thrown out to rot.

Do you wonder why the entire globe is moving towards sustainable thinking? Or why multimillion dollar companies are investing in this? It's not just because it's a trend, it's because it is the future, and it is happening.

Empirical evidence agrees with the theoretical. The Sun argument is dead to the credible majority. Funny thing is, it's gotten weaker as the years have passed, too. You are now a minority, and are marginalized. That's just the way it is.

In the credible scientific world it's now a known fact that man is causing this climate change. I suggest you work a little harder, your message is getting drowned by reality.

Ok, I need to slap myself on the wrist. No more! I'm done with that topic! Believe what you choose to believe, I'm stoppin right here! =)

Last edited:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Remember pet rocks? Everyone got on board with that idea for a while too. hehehe

Tell the 8 feet of snow in front of my house about this warming. hahaha Tell the old-timers who haven't seen a winter like this in ages that the globe is warming. Look at actual historic records and get back to us. You'll see that the carbon theory is just that... a theory. The media (run by the world's elites) are telling us that we are to blame, over and over and over again, and people have bought it. The world's elite are the same folks who benefit from increased taxation, they will be the ones selling you all the new technology you'll need to be responsible citizens. Meanwhile, their corporations are spewing out the real pollution. See through it, come on!!! We're sheep on their farm, and when they want you to run to the left, they scare you on the right. Unplug the cable television and become a black sheep, get out of their pens and eat the green grass on the outside. Cable tv programs you to be good sheep, to remember how to behave, to remember where the grain trough is so you know where to go back to.

I have goats on my little farm... They get out sometimes, but they will fight to get back into their pens after a while, because I control their food source. Sound familiar?

A good way to know what to believe is this... if the US government says it's good for you, it's probably better for them. If they say it's bad, it's probably something to go after. Marijuana, being a perfect example of this reverse psychology formula.

I think there are some horrendous polluters operating in the world, yes, but when the sun heats up, so will we. The sun has been heating up, and have we, but now it's cooling off, and so are we. It snowed in LA recently, right? Must be the warmth. I have to shovel the windows of my house so we can see out, must be the warmth. The snow plow guys are running out of salt, sand, and places to put all this global warmth. Street signs are all but covered in this global warmth. I'd like to see real evidence of world-wide warming... hard to do when there's so much evidence to the opposite at the moment. And I'm not talking about Al Gore's pie charts and graphs.

Last edited:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awww, don't be done with the topic. I know you can't see my face, and so it's hard to judge whether or not I'm being jerky, but I'm not. It's just a conversation.

I know it's a conversation but I just feel like it's an endless argument, and plus, this thread isn't about global warming, that's what's really stopping me, I don't want to turn this into a GW thread.

If you start a thread about global warming, I'm sure I can't resist to devote endless argument to it, sadly. So the option is there. I'm just not gonna start that thread though, haha.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, the topic is about organic growers being snobs, which led to the topic of non-organic practices contributing to global warming, which led us here. So it's sorta of in the same vain. Not perfectly on point, but not an entirely different topic either.

But you're right, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I needed to find this out by myself. My father and others who were already over the new global warming theories tried to talk sense to me, but I was saying the same stuff you are saying... which means I was being led to the water, but refused to drink it.

I ran across the evidence I needed to change my mind quite by accident, and still haven't told my father that I was wrong. I should get on that ASAP. hehehe

I won't start another thread on the topic because what's the point? People believe what they believe, hard to change minds with a few sentences. But maybe you're right, too. Who the hell knows. hehehe Peace, cc

Last edited:
G

Welcome to the sunny side of things, CC. Watch out for the kool aid drinkers..there's alot of them.

Crazy Composer said:
Well, the topic is about organic growers being snobs, which led to the topic of non-organic practices contributing to global warming, which led us here. So it's sorta of in the same vain. No perfectly on point, but not an entirely different topic.

But you're right, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I needed to find this out by myself. My father and others who were already over the new globabl warming theories tried to talk sense to me, but I was saying the same stuff you are saying... which means I was being led to the water, but refused to drink it.

I ran across the evidence I needed to change my mind quite by accident, and still haven't told my fahter that I was wrong. I should get on that ASAP. hehehe

I won't start another thread on the topic because what's the point? People believe what they believe, hard to change minds with a few sentences. But maybe you're right, too. Who the hell knows. hehehe Peace, cc
Ok, well I'll be going outside, and will be back in a few hours. I'd like to really start the discussion when I get a chance in a few. I wasn't sure if the mods were ok with doing that in this thread. Later. I'd also hope that anyone including me involved in the discussion would keep it cool, not turn it into a fight, and be civil about it. :headbange

Last edited:
WeedWrapperMan said:
I'll eat that old box of Miracle Grow ... .
lol.
I heard if you eat MG,when you pee it makes yer junk grow,but is very unhealthy for the enviroment when flushed. :bashhead: ///Alls i know is that when growing bud gets this serious,complicated and hard,its time to chill.I dont need to know any of this scientific crap to grow great smoking, tasting or burning Meds.Its good to know some about the in and outs of the make up of MJ or the food you use to feed it,but too much is too much,ive only read about 6 diff posts in this thread that actually help with growing,mostly its"what should be in a perfect world".I think,anyone that grows,thinks his is the best, not because the way they feed it, but because its theires and they put the love into it.I said it before,good meds are good meds,and as long as they help those that need it for pain, nausia or whatever and are flushed properly,then it achieves its purpose.But i do want to ask something.Is poorly flushed,refined nutes better than or worse than,badly flushed organics.What i mean is,for a sick person,if they got weed that was shitty flushed either Chem or Organic at the same levels,which one would have more of an adverse effect if either on the ill?Peace and stay safe,PVP :joint:

RED145

LiveGiveTryDie said:
Ok, well I'll be going outside, and will be back in a few hours. I'd like to really start the discussion when I get a chance in a few. I wasn't sure if the mods were ok with doing that in this thread. Later. I'd also hope that anyone including me involved in the discussion would keep it cool, not turn it into a fight, and be civil about it. :headbange
LOL...discusion on what??And you checked with credible scientists??

Always playin scientist with us,there is no need to discuss,its scientific FACT that all the planets are warming...no discussion necasary...credible scientists,LOL..... :wave:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh, shit, LiveGiveTryDie!!! You're the Scientist!!! Aka Journies, aka LiveGiveTryDie.

I gotta say something here... I didn't know you were who you were until just now. I looked into your post history as LiveGiveTryDie and saw that you quickly got above 50 posts (the number of posts you need to start PMing other members) within a matter of days... This is ALWAYS suspect.

Thing is... You've rubbed me the wrong way with every name you've registered under, and you didn't even try to rub me the wrong way, it's just a natural ability you have. I can't believe this! This is amazing to me, that I get into different arguments with different members over several different weeks... and you all turn out to be the very same person!

Let me just give you a chance to explain yourself... Why are you changing names so often? And why are you always posting about the negative affects of smoking pot? You haven't said anything bad about pot smoking while you've been your current self, LiveGiveTryDie, but I suspect you know you'll be found out too quickly if you start that rhetoric straight away.

You need to know that we here in this community (some of us anyhow) are old hat at sniffing out this shady bullshit. But for shits and giggles, please explain why you keep changing names and then making a ton of posts real fast? Next time you register, remember, we'll know it's you, unless you just don't post again. Jeesh.

For anyone reading this who thinks I'm being harsh on him, believe me, if this is who I think it is, some of us have been getting that old "cop" vibe from this guy for a while. This thread doesn't give me a cop vibe, but many of his former posts have certainly been questionable. Look up posts by Journies, and by the scientist for reference.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PVP, ya goddamn hippie! Tree huggin', dirty-fingernailed, grumble, grumble, grumble... hehehe :smile:

G

Show him a pound of bacon and a donut, CC. If he bows to the bacon and grabs the donut, you got your answer! lol

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are a stupid, stupid man, Harry!

stacy_keach_1.jpg

I wish I had a picture of Sgt Stedanko (from Up in Smoke) pointing at Harry after he shot the tire out. Someone, please get a screen capture of it and post it!!! hahaha It would be perfect here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts