What's new

Are big facilities going to put basement grower at unemployment?

Are big facilities going to put basement grower at unemployment?

• I care not who's in the game, I want it legalized!

Votes: 62 29.8%
  • I'd like it to be legalized, but not for MONSAMTO or MERCK to controle it!

Votes: 99 47.6%
  • I don't want it to be legalized!

Votes: 33 15.9%
  • I don't know!

Votes: 14 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^ that too!!!!!!!!!!!

if you run a big op, gues whos more qualified to manage umpteen hundred/thousand lights?
or have the higher paying position in said place of employment?

I bet they birng their plants with them as part of the deal....

get your game on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Lol, I highly doubt that. They will probably require growers to be independent contractors for that very reason!

Useful Idiot

Veteran
UUUhhh. I thought our goal has been legalization. I think it would be nice to be able to grow some stuff for your personal use. And then share with friends who do not know how to grow,then possibly teach them how to grow ,give them cuts,seed,ect.I also understand the fact that many folks here do it for a living. I may have to admit that myself,part time however. BUT...I thought our GOAL is for all out legalization.Think about it...big production companies growin weed....come on guys...our shit will still be in demand.:biggrin:

Useful Idiot

Veteran
I dont think big pharma is as big a threat to the market as the millions of people out there without jobs looking to jump on the gravy train.

Hoard your gear and stop teaching newbs how to grow if you are worried about putting yourself out of a job.
Really??? I thought this place was here to help folks learn a bit about growing. Not, hoard your gear and stop helping people wanting to be self sufficient.

H

huarmiquilla

howdy

how you do?

am not keen to think such style and method of production not to remain with respect to topic

such and such to develop and garden at where cannabis natural to thrive

current price within third world dwarf much with respect to cannabis culture, with not legal status already to dwarf

am keen to think trade agreement for maximize such

cannabis with respect to environments at where natural to thrive and economy to assist with minimal cost of produce

such and such babylon to move production at where honest and hard work fellers and ladies have not room for air

at where do banana in your country come from? similar cannabis

current am keen to think many not to compete with market when trade agreement facilitate need of babylon

chant down babylon

positive vibrations

H

huarmiquilla

howdy

how you do?

cannabis to illustrate wealth, not with respect to trade and sale

rather

essence to being cannabis, seed to life

for within cannabis seed to life infinite fuel, textile, food, and distinction of babylon

toke and ego to babylon dissolve

chant down babylon

positive vibrations

budlover123

Really??? I thought this place was here to help folks learn a bit about growing. Not, hoard your gear and stop helping people wanting to be self sufficient.

It is here for that, but beware the false information and trolls. This is the internet after all

Weed is kinda different from alcohol I think, it takes a lot of work to grow weed but brewing can be a bitch, not to mention the trouble of growing your own hops, etc., and it needs to be so clean. Growing isn't that hard and (it can be) dirty. When weed is legal people will grow their own weed and it will be there favorite spot in their whole home.

Don't be upset that the tyranny you personally benefit from is going away, it's not like your growing skills are useless, growing is very important, and people will always want to buy weed.

Freedom, bitches
woohoo.gif

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Brewing and growing go hand in hand!

They aren't as easy as newbs think but there are many who do both quite well and still have a career.

That being said, Bud Light is still the beer of choice by many consumers. The company that owns it is bigger than big. My guess is we will still have to turn to our basements for quality brew or quality smoke at a reasonable price.

I'm going to sip on my overpriced IPA now, wishing I had brewed it myself for half of the cost.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
just my thoughts and ideas while im sitting on a rock in the middle of the ocean.....

good luck everybody

aloha

Well MONSANTO will probably cross the OG Kush with some spider mites DNA and fuck up the whole game! Think about it, once they get a hold at it, they will be unstoppable.

Colorado state ain't fools, they know that if its "medical" it can't be smoked! Ain't no such things as smoke = medical:) not even MJ!

So the state have to push the recreational part in there, else if it goes the medical road to the fullest they all be fucked up soon or later.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
I don't think medical marijuana and alcohol can be compared. Only if its a recreational legalization, but i doubt that this is what will happen.

So there's folks here ready to go work for MONSANTO?? Aren't we supposed to have a bit of grower ethics?

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes
but dudes gotta feed families
cars need gas
mortgages/rent needs paying

its a bit of a quandry
a rock and a hard place

something about the road to hell..... lol

edit: 3 or 4 years ago i was talking with joesy whales and he and i already had this conversation about genetic manipulation to steer the herd hahahaha. its was pretty left field then ill admit but now its not quite so out there.....

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I'm still on the side of the little guy and by that I mean the ability of just a regular guy who tokes. Who doesn't really give a hit about politics, or who grows his weed, he just wants to get a gram to take to his friends house for a poker game or whatever and not have to worry about getting a criminal record.

I'm not terribly worried about the growers who will be pushed out the picture. You can still always grow your own personal stash.

To me its like bootleggers saying it will be terrible when you can just buy a half pint of vodka at the gas station.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I don't think we'll ever see the black market disappear unless total legalization happens. The way I see it, the laws passed in Colorado and Washington will only make it easier for the Federal Government to shut things down. I'm sure they'll have all of the names and locations of grows for those states. When those get shut down it'll be business as usual, just like always.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
This thread reminds me of a clip from an episode of Family Guy, where Abraham Lincoln is in his back yard, right after slavery was ended, and he says to his neighbor, "Hey, your grass is looking a little tall there, were you gonna cut that, or..?"

And his neighbor, all indignant, says, "I know, just last week I had a guy for that!"

Alright, I know it's a bit different, but if you get the joke, you can see how it relates to this thread.

I still think it's funny to hear people complaining about how they are going to have to reinvent themselves, and their income, all so that innocent people won't have to go to jail anymore for smoking a flower.

Well, it's not funny-haha... It's more like dark humor funny.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I don't doubt that there are companies interested in Roundup Ready cannabis.

I also have no doubt that people will have non GMO cannabis ready for those who need it.

Pharma has interests to protect just as the liquor companies do.

A spade is a spade no matter what you use it for.

Please remember there were prescriptions given for alcohol back in Prohibition.

Bootleggers were supplying a demand no matter what you wanted to do with it, and growers should have no issue doing the same... no matter what the laws say or who owns what conglomerate.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tough choice between i want it legalized no matter what, im sick of my friends and family suffering legal punishment either $$$ or JAIL; my motto is no more suffering over a plant AT ALL COSTS
fuck if the big assholes want in the game, let them in, just dont lock peeps up for growing plants.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here are my thoughts on it.

when the feds finally green light legalized recreational cannabis across the board they will likely ban everyone from either growing it (like we can't legally make hard liquor) or selling it (just like you can't roll tobacco cigs & sell them openly) to the public.

Hopefully the feds would allow existing dispensaries to continue to operate under 'grandfather' statutes including their suppliers/growers. Legitimate medicinal patients cannot afford untimely interruptions nor the 3rd rate quality that RJ Reynolds and the rest of big tobacco will be offering.

What has to be considered is that the govt won't want to be losing tax $$$ to basement grow ops, an easy out for anyone growing would be a tax stamp program which has usually been a dismal failure because of federal penalties. Remove the illegality of it & determine an acceptable tax base for individuals wanting to sell their excess weed.

I'd hope they allow X amount tax free for personal or medicinal use if grown by the end user.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
I think govn't will vice tax legal recreational to the same cost for end user as current avg street prices, on the excuse that usage would increase with lower prices. And these taxes will be hiked over time. Black market will exist, consumer price points will have a center of gravity, and who knows maybe higher margins in the end.

*puff* magic pixie dust make it so

Latest posts

Latest posts