What's new

Are big facilities going to put basement grower at unemployment?

Are big facilities going to put basement grower at unemployment?

• I care not who's in the game, I want it legalized!

Votes: 62 29.8%
  • I'd like it to be legalized, but not for MONSAMTO or MERCK to controle it!

Votes: 99 47.6%
  • I don't want it to be legalized!

Votes: 33 15.9%
  • I don't know!

Votes: 14 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I know it's all gone right over your head komboloi.

You have read nothing I've said.

Go back and read and we'll talk.

It is obvious that there is only one note coming from this thread.

What we can take away from all of this is people don't care what the future holds as long as they can smoke pot legally.... and I am not a people. :D

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
dag -

I think you aren't figuring on drugged driving, illegal manufacture, transportation over two grams, no tax stamp on your nugs, etc.

The prison system is a raging beast that is so funded that they can't do without criminals constantly flooding in.

You should realize a profitable business decision when you see one.

komboloi

Sorry, MMM: You are making the classic mistake of assuming that someone who thinks you are wrong must not understand. I do read your posts, and I do understand. I just think you are wrong. I find your arguments unpersuasive. Sorry man. Peace, my brother.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm glad you've finally addressed me I thought I was on your ignore list.

Because I tried a few times to have a discussion with you in this thread.

I'm not trying to be persuasive, I'm trying to spread caution.

If you are reckless with your future you have that right.

Oh and I'm usually wrong... just ask anybody.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
dag -

I think you aren't figuring on drugged driving, illegal manufacture, transportation over two grams, no tax stamp on your nugs, etc.
illegal manufacture?
oh no not illegal manufacture?!?!?!
over two grams you say?
seems more like places are using one ounce as they legalize?
what decrim/med/legalization measure have you seen that has a 2g limit?
how many grams are legal now?
ohh wait none...
tax stamp you say?
a federal tax stamp?
you know that is impossible right?
state tax stamps are still ok but SCOTUS shot them down at the federal level in the '60s.
seems like a net positive.ill probably still be growing illegally under your nightmare.
the crime will be a bit different than it is now.
probably an IRS issue as opposed to a DEA one.
most likely a fiscal burden as opposed to a prison one.
my brother in florida will be happier though. smoking will no longer put him in danger of losing his children.

The prison system is a raging beast that is so funded that they can't do without criminals constantly flooding in.

You should realize a profitable business decision when you see one.
yeah
we will replace the lost revenue with "thought criminals" hate speech users and "assault weapon" owners..
maybe cyber bullies too?

EllieGrows

Veteran
I think no matter how it goes there is incredible opportunity for people who worship and cultivate Cannabis. As the profit drops, more and more people will grow with a good heart for excellent reasons. We all got here by not listening to the laws and following the positive energy that we have welled up from the ground, let us continue on the path.

komboloi

I'm not sure there is a lot of ground for dialogue as long as cash croppers pursue their private pecuniary interests at the expense of patients paying artificially high prices propped up by the War on Drugs that damages so many. Ever been to jail? Ever had a wife and children crying while you are taken away in handcuffs? Ever SEEN what a jail term does to a family?

Yeah, that's worth continuing for protecting your profits? Sorry, man. I respectfully disagree.

I've been involved in the legalization movement since 1976. The notion that cash-croppers are now taking the DEA side out of selfishness is disturbing to me.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
we will replace the lost revenue with "thought criminals" hate speech users and "assault weapon" owners..
maybe cyber bullies too?

Don't think those wheels aren't already turning.

I can't see retroactive pardons.

I can see weak watered down legalization as long as the prisons keep their bread buttered and manufacture is in the hands of those who will do it solely for profit.

I don't consider that a victory at all, but we certainly differ there.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm not sure there is a lot of ground for dialogue as long as cash croppers pursue their private pecuniary interests at the expense of patients paying artificially high prices propped up by the War on Drugs that damages so many. Ever been to jail? Ever had a wife and children crying while you are taken away in handcuffs? Ever SEEN what a jail term does to a family?

Yeah, that's worth continuing for protecting your profits? Sorry, man. I respectfully disagree.

I've been involved in the legalization movement since 1976. The notion that cash-croppers are now taking the DEA side out of selfishness is disturbing to me.

People will still go to jail for cannabis offenses... mark my words.

Obviously you don't read my posts.. I'm not talking about never legalizing to keep my imaginary profits high.

BTW you enjoy artificially propped up prices with many commodities and goods today.

The government loves meddling with profits and prices.

Let's hand them our beloved plant without restriction so that they may restrict it for us.

Brilliant.

komboloi

MMM: I have read your posts, and they are unpersuasive.

You are defending continuing illegalization to keep your profits high. Not down with that.

You: Keep it illegal, MMJ patients pay an artificially high "war-on-drugs" premium, people go to jail, you profit.

Me: Make it legal so as much medicine as possible is available at a reasonable price to patients, cash croppers adapt, personal users continue to grow connoisseur product, and no one goes to jail.

Monsanto is just a bogey-man to support a self-interested position by current cash croppers that would prefer to see people go to jail than see MJ legal.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
thats why i mentioned them ;)
thph neither can i....
sad as that is they will never admit they were wrong.
i think that a few monied prisoners will set a precedence after a few years that may lead to something.
i dont see that a a good reason to continue stacking more on top of them though..
cutting off your cawk to spite your balls.
I can see weak watered down legalization as long as the prisons keep their bread buttered and manufacture is in the hands of those who will do it solely for profit.
as opposed to a continuation of current policies?
do you agree with me that legalization will lessen the amount of people jailed for marijuana?
if that is where we disagree then it is an impasse.
i think anyone with reasonable deductive reasoning skills would readily admit even your worst case scenario would lessen incarceration rates for cannabis while the number of users would increase.
growers will still be growing,tokers will still be toking and dealers will need to find a job.

i think it's just a matter of perspective...
i grew up in the deep south.
i was a convicted felon before i was 18.
i was in jail for possession on my 17th birthday.
i was ineligible for grants/loans for college. i was unable to vote and unable to own a firearm.
i was barred from military service and many jobs refuse to hire felons.
it took many years and THOUSANDS of dollars and man hours to get clemency.

all would have been avoided within your nightmare scenario.

im guessing you are from a more lax area?

so yeah we differ.
monsanto will not effect me or any of the growers i know negatively.
we will keep doing what we are doing regardless of who is in the game or how legal they make it.

ThIS^

id like to know where all these millionaire cash croppers are at?
is a grower making a living above the poverty line a cash cropper?

been in this business a long time and 95%+ of all the growers out there are middle class, small business people.

are you pro legalization guys still mad at the shitty sack you got back in 01' for 60 an eighth?

did you forget how many med states there are now and how far the cost of herb has plummeted? wheres the profit????

my point is commercial growers are trying to survive, just like evryone else. and they dont want anybody goin to jail for herb either.

we are on the same side here. and there has to be a better route to help keep this trade goin in the right direction without big pharma putting small mom and pop farms out of the business

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
MMM: I have read your posts, and they are unpersuasive.

You are defending continuing illegalization to keep your profits high. Not down with that.

You: Keep it illegal, MMJ patients pay an artificially high "war-on-drugs" premium, people go to jail, you profit.

Me: Make it legal so as much medicine as possible is available at a reasonable price to patients, cash croppers adapt, personal users continue to grow connoisseur product, and no one goes to jail.

Monsanto is just a bogey-man to support a self-interested position by current cash croppers that would prefer to see people go to jail than see MJ legal.

So I am using my position as a ploy to help keep grass illegal?

Yeah... you get me.

:rolleyes:

I

irishdude5186

If you want to protect your grow profits over protecting people from time then shame on you but I do share peoples concerns about companys using the corrupt IP to grab genetics.

If you want to protect your grow profits, move to a country that it is still illegal.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
so yeah we differ.
monsanto will not effect me or any of the growers i know negatively.
we will keep doing what we are doing regardless of who is in the game or how legal they make it.

Yes we do.

And stay out of the south!!

They are crazy backwards down there ;)

komboloi

So I am using my position as a ploy to help keep grass illegal?

Yeah... you get me.

:rolleyes:

If it's something other than protecting the money interests of cash-croppers, do tell. So what are the other reasons? Monsanto? Merck? Gimme a break.

You realize people go to jail EVERY DAY? Do you have any sense of what that means to real innocent people? So what justifies that? What is the argument that says MJ illegalization should continue to shovel people into prison and have their lives ruined? Monsanto? Merck? The livelihoods of cash-croppers? What is worth all that jail time? And that leaves aside the MMJ patients who either can't get meds or can't afford them because of the War on Drugs Premium you seem so attached to.

MMM: I respect your opinions, but I just think they are wrong. Peace.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
we are on the same side here. and there has to be a better route to help keep this trade goin in the right direction without big pharma putting small mom and pop farms out of the business

Sigh.

I wish there was just one side.

The talk on the town says that big pharma is our answer.

Let's sell out to whatever big corporation can get it "legalized".

Quick... there's no time.

Let's not even put any clauses in it... just legalize it.

If you're not with me you're against me... you want people in jail because you don't want the genepool to dry up into a properly fucked mess.

Traitor.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i think we are miscatergorizing M³'s position.
his motivations are not fiscal but the perceived protection from monied interests.
it's really not fair to do so.
i may mot agree with his nightmare but i do understand it.
if we are going to have a legitimate discourse we need to not ascribe false motivations.