What's new

Are American and Canadian growers biased against Dutch breeders and seedbanks?

U

unthing

Wow, nice dark tulip, what's name of the strain?

I've understood that black and blue (usually practically closest thing is some shade of purple) are the hardest colors to get in commercial flowers. Black tulips and blue roses etc.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the white tulips are called white triumphator - one of my favorites.

queen of the night are nice (it's not as dark as in the pics though) but i prefer the lily flowered tulip called 'burgundy'. not quite as dark but better shape. also repeat better.

VG.

thumbnailgreen

DO YOU NO WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT HERE SHANTI IS DEFINATLY A WORLD CLASS BREEDER I SAPOSE NEVILLE ISNT A WORLD CLASS BREEDER NEITHER YOU MUST BE A CANADIAN BREEDER

thumbnailgreen

SHANTI WORLD CLASS BREEDER

SHANTI WORLD CLASS BREEDER

I BELEAVE SHANTI TO DEFINATLY BE A WORLD CLASS BREEDER I DONT NO WHERE YOU CAME UP WITH THAT STATEMENT WHAT WORK HAVE YOU DONE IN THIS INDUSTRY AND YOUR STRAIN NAMES ARE

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now now ,, chill winston ,, let's not shout.

This thread has been refreshed/re-opened/spliced together from an old thread (much of which is now out of context)!

homebrew420

^^^ not sure I would say that. I think there are many differences in direction the breeders go. Not bad or good nessisarily jst different...That being said yes. Many times we as americans are bias towards Dutch breeders NOW. We seem to have a flavor that we mostly are looking for, I know broad generalization, but most peolpe, smokers and growers alike, are not looking for anything Dutch specifically. They are looking for the OG/Kush variety. The flavor is in fashion. Give it another year we will see then.

I like and am very interested in many Dutch varieties. Mostly for color and yield.

Peace

jd4083

Veteran
Personally, I'd rather go south and work with Mexican genetics...lots of "classics" from the Dutch camp, but lots of complete shit too :tiphat:

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
I watched a tv program where they metioned the USA corn crops are bred of Iraqi and Trukis lines.I belive the Dutch learnt thier farming/growing skills from the colonising of india.

Find it where you can,utilise it has you will!!!

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ALL cereal crops are Iranian in origin... emmer, einkorn, wheat. The main exception being maize which is Native American.

smoking grass from jews and blacks mostly, really decent too

stay peace homies !!