What's new

Are 2 plants in one pot really 2 plants?

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
nobody would know the dif, not sure if this is better than topping anybody ever seen whats better.
Topping or mutliple plants per pot????? Good question

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
not to hijack the thread but i had a similar question.When is a plant a plant? IF you clone up 10 plants are they considered plants when first cut or only after they have developed a roots system to be able to survive on there own.....I say a clone[or tablefull] dont count till its got roots. :tiphat: E.C
if it's alive it's a plant, maybe not all it's parts are intact, but it's a living breathing amputee
reptiles that can lose their tale as a defense are still reptiles
worms cut in half that re grow are still worms

OC80

Im sorry, I dont appreciate the spread of misinfo.

Im not angry or hostile. I love it when people actually think cooperating with leo will actually get you somewhere. Maybe for a speeding tic, but anything to do with narcos, no way.

Think about it... the slightest repercussion from these fallacies could result in somebody never purchasing jack because they think it wont yield, to the more severe. Like trying to cooperate with the police, and have your freedom revoked. Believe me or not, people regurgitate this "info" you are spreading.

This is obviously just a thought of mine, probably provoked by all this CRAZY oxy.

Edit: and i didnt even neg rate your post full of bullshit, as you just neg rated mine with real info. Just some great new people we've been getting...

SunTzu

OC80- I do apologize about the eg. rep thing can I edit? I have been down the road of OC's and it's not a pleasant one. I feel your pain. I too am a med user. And I was NEVER suggesting anyone cooperate with LEO its just the hard truth about how the police use and manipulae the law into screwing people. I think we are on the same side on this issue

@b$+r@c+

I'm fucking IMPRESSED!...People working out miscommunications with civility, very well played folks!

Sorry to deviate from the OP, but your title is rhetorical. I guess the line is drawn when one of the two plants would die upon full extraction of the other. If they're truly grafted and interdependant, then I might call 'them' a plant.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"if it's alive it's a plant, maybe not all it's parts are intact, but it's a living breathing amputee
reptiles that can lose their tale as a defense are still reptiles
worms cut in half that re grow are still worms" -B.Friendly

I believe we're trying to figure out whether it's counted as a separate plant, or just a piece of one that's already been tallied.

SunTzu

My original thoughts were..how am I going to stay under plant count and have multiple flavors. By the way folks I go to the Dr.'s on Thurs. first shot at Med card. In this state they are quite stingy. If this confuses some, the carolinas is where I am from but now live in the NorthEast

OC80

I'm fucking IMPRESSED!...People working out miscommunications with civility, very well played folks!

As long as nobody is playing internet tough guy, things seem to work out pretty well here.

OT: to me, its not about what an actual plant is. Its about your position on the subject at hand(this one being mmj). If you dont hate mmj with all of your being, then you will realize whatever comes off the plant and cannot uptake nutrients, has no bearing being called living. Bottom line = no root system, no plant

foaf

Veteran
you mention perhaps a lower yielding plant and suggest that putting two of them into one container, and growing them next to each other might increase yield.

anyway, I would question the initial premise that two plant or clones, grown right next to each other will yield more than just one. Sure, you sort of start out with a pre-topped double head, but I'm pretty sure that the yield is more dependent on the genetics, your light, and grow setup in general, not how many initial trunks you have.

If plant count is your issue, you can sure grow one plant that will be as big as your space and light allows.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just did it in dwc with sensi star, and it worked great. it is hard to tell it is 2 plants.

E

emerald city

you mention perhaps a lower yielding plant and suggest that putting two of them into one container, and growing them next to each other might increase yield.

anyway, I would question the initial premise that two plant or clones, grown right next to each other will yield more than just one. Sure, you sort of start out with a pre-topped double head, but I'm pretty sure that the yield is more dependent on the genetics, your light, and grow setup in general, not how many initial trunks you have.

If plant count is your issue, you can sure grow one plant that will be as big as your space and light allows.
one plant will always grow better then stuffing 2 plants in the same area..period

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ actually it works the same i think. If you have ever scrog'ed you know the number of plants doesnt matter. it is all about veg time, light, and space. the 2 plants of the same strain will yield about the same as one in the same area. however I think the one with two plants versus the one with one plant is going to yield a little more. more center colas and more tap roots means more bud overall.

Also Sativas that stretch more do better for scrog, but indica befits greatly from more plants. sea of green stlye. I have learned the hard way before that some indicas are meant for sog only.

Last edited:
The video link above is of the same concept.

Hey did you guys know tangelos are hybrids and seedless watermelons should be considered sinsemilla.

Affirmative and affirmative. And the way you'd beat the plant count is you'd top a plant that has a strong root system so that you get the shoots to develop and graft whatever strains you want on each individual shoot.

@b$+r@c+

Red_Bull...??? What? Shoots? Dont ya mean roots? I imagine it's a bit tougher to graft shoots than it is roots!

SunTsu
If you wanna stay legal; you'll only be able to grow up to 3 ounces, so if that's the case, plug in a 150W bulb and flower freshly rooted cuts in gallon or two pots.
....You know that's not what you wanna do though dont ya.....hehehe

...Just flower 3 6"wide x 4"tall plants under a K and keep a tight rotation of moms to cuts to clones to veg to flower and finally.....to the dome! :)

Nothin' wrong with makin a little compromise with the statue against the herb, right? ;)

SunTzu

Red_Bull...??? What? Shoots? Dont ya mean roots? I imagine it's a bit tougher to graft shoots than it is roots!

SunTsu
If you wanna stay legal; you'll only be able to grow up to 3 ounces, so if that's the case, plug in a 150W bulb and flower freshly rooted cuts in gallon or two pots.

...Just flower 3 6"wide x 4"tall plants under a K and keep a tight rotation of moms to cuts to clones to veg to flower and finally.....to the dome! :)

Nothin' wrong with makin a little compromise with the statue against the herb, right? ;)

As long as the compromise is a big enough bag of medicine sure!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
x2 plants in x1 pot = x2 plants

x1 plant in x2 pots = x1 plant (the other pot is empty).

Medi. growers,, invest in veg. time! Grow them big and fat before flowering,, and stager the harvest time between plants so that you can med. daily.. rather than waiting on x1 crop.

Hope this helps

SunTsu

No I don't, you wouldn't graft to roots.

Latest posts

Latest posts