What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arcata Trainwreck

G

High&Lonesome said:
awesome write-up cbf, that sounds delicious! :) i love a good long cure, i hardly ever can let it cure for over two months without going crazy though, lol. sounds llike i should try it with tw though.

same here bro, 2 month cure and im doin good. that nuggie was really good.

im wonderin around the place checkin all the film cannisters, lol. nothin but seed so far:(

CBF

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont know why everyones first smell screams "lemon" i dont think it smells like lemons at all!

more like puke, rotten meat and menthol imo.

im with you man, its kinda got a lemon smell but i just know it as the wreck smell so unique. i get a rotteny kind of smell to it. some of the strongest weed ive smoked but the tolerance builds fast.

CB damn 7 month cured wreck. i got some wreck at 2 months maybe ill let it go that long. damn thats a long time if you remembered it was there i bet it would be gone long time ago lol.

"the smoke was so good, i dont even want to smoke weed with out a long cure, impressed the shit outta me. "

spoiled ass haha

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
Cedarberry said:
hey all, last night i pulled a big nuggie outta a jar of some other weed, and was gettin ready to toke it, was lookin for a film case(there scattered everywhere here,lol) to put the extra in, and picked up a film case that had a stone rollin around in it, hard little nuggie.

im always happy when i find misplaced bud. anyway i open it up, not knowin whats in there, and take a big wiff, TW, left over ftom the 4th of july:D

took me a bit to remember where/when i had put it in there. so of course, i forgot about the other bud, misplaced it somewhere, lol. got right down to fixin a bowl, and there was enough to fill my piece up.

7month cured TW, is the best sample i have smoked to date, lemon/lime paint thinner, smooth as silk, leavin a lemon thinner on the palate, and head bangin potentcy, really strong, every toke rang the bell. 5 good pulls and i was fried, all to the head, and just kept buildin.

very very good smoke, i have never smoked bud cured that long, and im gonna have to put a small jar back of every harvest in the future, till i get a good stash back, and replenishin everytime now.

the smoke was so good, i dont even want to smoke weed with out a long cure, impressed the shit outta me.

CBF
:D

also good for the times where u need to chop early, cure 6+ mths and your trichs will amber up...theres a point of diminishing returns-
IME that would be around 1.5yrs in a jar, 2/2.5 years if vac. packed.
another thing is if it was in a film canister, it could have dryed out
thereby de-carboxylating the THC...thereby adding anoher level to the high
:kos: was the herb real dry??

:woohoo: ive always said long cures increase potency,
but even i dont practice what i preach...usually...lol..
just too hard to hold things back that long when its good....
but i too have made those finds and its awesome.when it happens. nice score :D:yes:

Ps. cure up summa that haze u grow for 9mths and youll feel like yer on LSD :) lol

G

Hey CBF, nice to see you enjoying some nicely aged TW. I've personally never taken anything that far in cure time, but like you said. You forgot got about it or lost it, but then found it,lolol. What a very nice find for sure. Kind of like when i find a 20 dollar bill, but this being better :) Man, it's been a super long time. I remember me landing that cut here along time ago and then Dr. Jay schooling me on how to grow it. I talked some what alot to Dr.Jay before he passed and i sure do miss talking to him and learning from his years of growing TW and Cannabis. Very cool and nice person that is truely missed. That cut has sure made it's rounds here. Glad we have very nice members and i'm thankful to Dr.Jay for the cut and the middleman that got it to me :). Take care and enjoy what you have left of your finely cured smoke.
Later,
BG

Burt

Veteran
well maybe there's something to the hash producers in Pakistan and Afghanistan curing the hash for up to a year-I've only been able to go a month on bubble gum cure and what I noticed more than anything else, was that the aromas and taste were nearly orgasmic-it was real dry too so the carboxylation theory(?) might be true TW seems like a real keeper if you can provide the TLC it deserves

G

jaykush said:
CB damn 7 month cured wreck. i got some wreck at 2 months maybe ill let it go that long. damn thats a long time if you remembered it was there i bet it would be gone long time ago lol.

spoiled ass haha

yeah Jay, if i had remembered it was there it would of been gone long ago.

had taken a few film cannisters to the party, passed some to friends, and just had the one left when i got home tossed it on the dresser, and it disappeared in all the clutter.

was a nice find.

ethereal, wasnt dry as a bone, still sticky/tacky bustin it up. weed improves for sure with sometime in a jar, i always though 90 days was good enough, obviously not:D

do my best to let some buds go much longer. could be strain dependent as well, some stuff does not have a good shelf life.

Hola BG, everytime i pull out some TW, DrJay and wife nancy always come to mind. he was a lover of the wreck. thanks to him, and well you know who else, its been a good one here.

CBF

G

Glad to hear your still enjoying it. I sure do miss talking to old Dr.Jay. Super smart guy and very cool. You are truely miss Dr.

CBF, what you got cooking over there? I know your up to something. What else you got brewing over there?lolol
Take care,
BG

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
ive got some one and a half year old tw thats been jarred and though i havent smoked any recently i thought it wouldnt start to lose any potency for another 6 months at least.

i cant believe you guys cant keep buds long enough to cure them!! this is shocking to me only because all the nugs i have are at least 4 months cured in jars, some being 20 months and so on.

G

damn papulz, you have the patience of a saint, lol. bust it out and let us know what a year and a half cure will do for trainwreck!

Papulz

Veteran
i shall H&L just for you all, but dont praise the percieved patience, i think im just too spoiled with hash and variety. along with the TW thats 1.5 years theres some durban poison, NLxH, seattle blue, jedi, sage, purple urkel, garberville purple, afghani, maybe one or two more i cant recall right now but ill get on that report asap guys.

Papulz

Veteran
1.5 year cure TW

1.5 year cure TW

a bit of a long read gang, but it is detailed for a reason :joint: anyway i hope you enjoy/get something from it

a little about me and my smoking just to give the reader an idea of tolerance and a few more details. been smokin everyday for 5+ years id have to say all of them being heavy smoking years. i define heavy smoking as 5+ bowls a day it usually broke down to a bowl and hour when possible. about 1 and a half years ago i started to get solely californian medical product because of its quality, i got sick of being in the midwest and having access to insanely priced beasters and other garbage. Currently i believe my tolerance is as high as its ever been, as i was smoking for approx the past 4 months nothin but bubble, and for the past month nothing but full melt. to top all that off, recently i started to make rosin see the solventless hash oil thread if interested, and that stuff is just insane... about a quarter of a gram of rosin a day for a few days thus far. this ends up meaning that buds do very very little to me, and id rather smoke my TW bubble for this report (maybe ill have to do another) but anyway i just want to give you all the notion before my report that TW is strong, delicious, unique herb and its one of my favs. one last note is that i found out the other strain thats about 80 weeks into cure, its calio.

Trainwreck

STANDARD SMOKE REPORT V1.1

Judge: [Papulz]
Date: [Feb 21 2007]
Strain: [Trainwreck] - OUTDOOR CROP

Breeder:[good question, we know this strain has a bit of a story to her]
Grower: [NORCAL emerald triangle medical grower] outdoor

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
1. __8__ Visual Appeal Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.

2. __6__ Visible Trichomes Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered. - outdoor, you gotta crack her open ;)

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report. Leave these fields blank if you do not have a powerful magnifier.
Clear []
Cloudy []
Amber []
Dark []

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.
Brown [2] Green [8] Gold [6]
Blue [0] Grey [0]White [0]
Red [0] Rust [4] Orange [3]
Purple [0] Black [0]

5. __6__ Bud density
Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.
Ammonia [0 ] Earthy [2] Licorice [0] Peach [0] Berry [0]
Floral [7] Mango [0] Pepper [0] Blueberry [0] Fruit [0]
Meat0] Petroleum [0] Bubblegum [0] Grape [0] Melon [0]
Pine [0] Cedar [0] Grapefruit[0] Menthol [3] Pineapple [0]
Cherry [0] Grass/Hay [2] Mint [0] Rotten [0] Chocolate [0]
Hash [1] Mold [0] Skunk [0] Citrus [1 ] Iron/Rust [0 ]
Musk [] Spice [0] Coconut [0] Leather [0] Nutmeg [0]
Strawberry[0] Coffee [0] Lemon [0] Orange [0] Vanilla [0]
- tw has attributes that do not fit into these categories, i think they are indescribable.
7. __[10]__ Aroma - this weed is aromatherapy in a jar
Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful.

8. __[0]__ Seed content
Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

9. __[!80!]__ Weeks cured If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:
THE SMOKE TEST

1. I used a clean handpipe (spoon)

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence.
Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ]
Berry [ ] Floral [7] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ]
Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ]
Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [1 ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ]
Menthol [1 ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [1]
Mint [1 ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold
[ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [1 ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ]
Spice [1] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [ ] Lemon [1 ] Orange [ ] Perfume [ ]
If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. __[7]__
Taste Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

4. __[8]__
State of dryness Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. __[7]__
Smoke ability Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

6. __[2]__
Smoke expansion Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:
FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.
1. __[5]__
Dosage Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. __[2]__
Effect onset Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. __[9]__
Sativa influence Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. __[2]__
Indica influence Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.

5. __[7]__
Potency Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. __[.1]__ yeah thats right like 6 minutes.
Duration Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. __[6]__
Tolerance build up Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid.

8. Usability Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day.
Morning - wake up [9]
Day - work [6] maybe not a good choice if your doin alot of math as i recall
Evening - relax [1]
Night - sleep [1]

9. __[8]__ Overall satisfaction
Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10. __[8]__ Ability and conditions
Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high.-seen a hundred or more kinds of beast, about the same for great nugs. seen about a hundred kinds of hash from maybe 6 countries of origin. make my own as well. avid smoker blah blah but im still young and i dont have the wisdom of a 50 year old - cant compare anything to oaxacan or real thai or colombian unfortunately.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this strain a keeper for long term use? Yes [X] No []

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe.
Negative Effect Positive Effect
-------------------------------------------
Appetite __[ 1]____[ 5]__
Anxiety relief __[1]____[ 6]__
Paranoia relief __[1 ]____[ 6]___
Sex drive __[ 1]____ [ 3]___
Sleep __[4]____[1]___
Pain relief __[1 ]___[ 3]___
Ability to rest or sit still __[3 ]___[ 1]
Thought process __[ 1 ]___[ 7]__
Speech process __[ 1 ]___[3 ]__
Imagination/creativity __[ 1]____[ 7]__
Humor perception __[ 1]____[ 4]__
Visual perception __[ 1]____[ 1]__
Audio perception __[1]____[ 4]__
Taste perception __[ 1]____[5 ]__

comments: personally... i like this years batch more id have to say. the most recent batch has a much more complex bouquet. maybe ill do that batch in a bit. The cure is most certainly evident in the color and the change in aroma/taste. the smoothness is absolutely great, as this is some resiny stuff so it should always have a tinge of bite to it. the tw bubble hash really brings out a limey vanilla flavor that i truly adore.

Last edited:
G

mean mr.mustard said:
:yummy: Mentholated dead whale dipped in lemon gasoline :yummy:

Dr. Jay absolutely nailed it with this description. A jar of properly grown and cured TW smells EXACTLY like this!!!!!!

I love the smell, but my wife and our cats can't stand it.

Probably the most unique smelling cannabis I've ever had !!!

70s_PotHead

Well since this dank ass thread is still rolling along I think i'll give it another dank kick. Heres a few cured nugs from my TW grow, 2 months or so jarred. smokes extremlly smoth, still has a nice lemon menthol taste and numbs my lips when smoked in a joint, thats the best way to smoke these budz imo :yummy:

70s :joint:

G

great report papulz, that deserves its own thread! i wish i could cure for that long! :)

70s- awesome shots man, absolutely mouth-watering! and i have to agree on the joint thing, leaves the lips tingling with the tw freshness. :)

its nice to have a 10-pager that hasnt turned into a complete bitch fight, thanks to everyone who has added to the thread. its turned into a true resource for the strain!