What's new

Appalachian Adventure 2016 (Let's Learn Some Shit)

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
We've had less sunshine than I'd like lately, hopefully these girls start bushing out some more. I'd like to see this growth spurt continue at a faster rate.

gorilla ganja

^ Lookin' good, KY! I'm gonna have to swap out the rope I used (that is mold/rot resistant!) for something darker in color.

Don't give up on the mold resistant rope, maybe dye it. I have had problems in the past with yard or string that holds moisture and rots, then spreads to the plants.
Plants are looking kick azz Duskray.

You to Kygiacomo. Great looking monsters. I knew with your care and hard work you would find some great strains from Ace for your latitude.

Peace GG

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Don't give up on the mold resistant rope, maybe dye it. I have had problems in the past with yard or string that holds moisture and rots, then spreads to the plants.
Plants are looking kick azz Duskray.

You to Kygiacomo. Great looking monsters. I knew with your care and hard work you would find some great strains from Ace for your latitude.

Peace GG

Hmmm. Maybe spraypaint? Idk, gotta be careful not to get any on the plants.

They're growing pretty fast, but something's off compared to last year. Maybe it's just that they were planted a few days late or the fact that they're the second round in the same holes. Idk, but I'm hoping they kick it into another gear.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
What in the fuck is that contraption? :yoinks:
I'm gonna have to take a closer look at that thing and try to replicate it.

I've heard of both of those, Who Dat. I could go and get them, but what do you think about Tea Tree oil instead? I used that earlier in the season and haven't had any problems yet, although I sprayed it too late in the morning and it burnt the shit out of the leaves. I imagine the oil will stick around much longer?

Thanks for reminding me about silicon. (Is that the same thing as Silica?) I have a bag of Agsil16 (potassium silicate from buildasoil) that I mix into foliar sprays; it's also water soluble, so I'll water some in too along with more insect frass and ferts.

EDIT: that looks like wire, though. I would have to buy new wire to make it and I'd also have to spraypaint it. It could work pretty well, I also have some bamboo stakes that I can use but the only thing is anything shiny like that will stick out like a sore thumb. Would netting work just as well? That's much more feasible.

power si or osa/28 silica is the best imo. it has my flowers stacking harder then a whore stacking her rocks to smoke. check it out it and u can get a free 60ml sample which makes 60 gallons.
https://plantscienceconcepts.com/osa28/
malawi and panama. panama is for sure going in my grow next year. idk yet about the Ma;=l its just now starting to get its limbs going so we shall see. the best looking plant thought i think i have is dinafem blue cheese. i fucking love dinafem btw

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
@Kygiacomo!!!
powersi & osa/28 silica are monosilicic acid

agsil16 is Potassium Silicate
but whats the difference? do the same thing right?

Potassium Silicate + water = monosilicic acid?
you using regalia/actinovate this year?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
@Kygiacomo!!!

Depending on how crunchy you are the Agsil would be the more natural route as opposed to the OSA28

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
@Kygiacomo!!!

difference is suppose to its instant absorbed..that is what the sayin is bro potassium silicate + water = monosilic acid but my plants have never stacked the buds as close to together with the regular silica and on the outsides of the stem its like a tree bark this year. that never happen with regular potassium silica either..idk man but imma keep using it. i dont mind spending 100$ for something that will last a entire grow. another few things i have found that will be regulars in my line up from here on out is heavy 16 folair,heavy prime,canna boost,bud blood,tru blooms and sea green. look at this 2 week old bud that was hit with bud blood right when i seen white hairs. since i sale most my product i make plenty of money per oz off my guerilla grown @ 350$ a oz here its a nice pay day for 1 plant.. when i find things that work,imma keep them around. my average is 8 oz of dry bud per plant so with 17 plants it adds up and some these plants will be pounders+ this year especially the moby dick,sour blueberry,panama and blue cheese. whatever works for people and they are happy with how their product sales or smokes then by all means stay with that routine and dont change it..gl the rest of the season bro..oh ya check out this dinafem bluecheese. she not even started to flower yet and i didnt even germ her till around may 21st but i got it in a spot on top the moutain she gets direct sun at 624am till 715 so that may have helped her but in rocket fuel growth mode lol

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
ah i just looked man they dont have the free samples no more. they was brand new when i first bought off them and i got 3 free samples just paying for posting so i still got 120 ml of for next year. they must be saleing very high volume now to take off the samples bc the product is legit.u could get the 4oz bottle for 58$ and that will make 250 gallons of feed. though.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
moby dick week 3 flower the insect frass,&bud factor x combo is making some frosty bitches already. also check out my sour blue berry. its over 10 foot tall and one the widest plants i ever grew. this was the one that the top got broke out back in june and it only had 2 limbs at the bottom left on it. i was so pissed at losing such a beautiful plant i nearly pulled it..wooooo im glad i didnt bc after that it broke out this bitch went into insane growing. its got bud sites all over it & check out that stalk,its almost the size of a coke can, the skin on it is like tree bark. tough as fuck with all the silica i supplied this year..i went heavy on silica from armour si for my IPM sprays in early veg, rock dusts like azomite,basalt and granite dust which is all high in silica,to diatomacaceuos earth mixed into the soil along with the osa/28 and power si. i have to take a stepladder with me to even get up to the top to spray. first 2 is the mobys last 3 sour blueberry

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
(Maybe) Last Picture Update

(Maybe) Last Picture Update

Hey friends,

This might be the last picture update. There's a possibility I'll make it back out there again, but I might not. I'm going (far) away for academic purposes and won't be back for quite some time. I'm having a close friend finish this grow for me in my stead, but he won't be taking pictures.

This ain't the end or nothin' like that; I'll be back in the saddle at the start of next season.

Thanks for your help, everyone. I'll still be around ICMag; I just won't be updating this grow with pics.

Without further ado:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I chopped a couple branches off some nearby vegetation to use as stakes, but I had I think a more fitting idea. Instead of stakes with netting to support branches, I opted to use what I cut to lay over and obscure some of the rope I used to tie the plants up.

The plants won't be as big as the ones from last year so I'm a little less concerned about branches breaking off than I am how bright/reflective the rot-resistant rope holding them up is.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Good luck with all your endeavors :yes: Keep us posted when/if you can. Maybe a wrap up post or two when they are all down and trimmed up?

Take care :tiphat:

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Good luck with all your endeavors :yes: Keep us posted when/if you can. Maybe a wrap up post or two when they are all down and trimmed up?

Take care :tiphat:

I should be able to offer some sort of closure when it's all said & done.

I won't be away from ICMag at all, just the plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts