What's new

apothecary genetics ??

Cannavore

Veteran
Looks like another company of con artists.

The pictures for their strains are stolen from DNA, Cali Con, and Sin City seeds. They use real clone only names for their OG's in male/female seed just like Swerve did/does.

Looks like overpriced bird feed to me.
Would not buy.

Cannavore

Veteran
Googling Bret Bogue snitch is pretty funny too.

That's the owner of Apothecary for those that didn't know.

Cannavore

Veteran
interesting .. cheers fellas!

i thought it was to good to be true :(

Go Archive Seedbank (they're new but their offerings look magnificent) or stick with Sin City, bro, you killed it with the Sin Mint. I havent seen a bad looking plant yet from their crosses using reverse or male Blue Power

guy fawkes

Veteran
Go Archive Seedbank (they're new but their offerings look magnificent) or stick with Sin City, bro, you killed it with the Sin Mint. I havent seen a bad looking plant yet from their crosses using reverse or male Blue Power

cheers mate, yeah ive been eyeing archive stuff up to as i heard the docta is a genuine bloke with good stock and like yourself find his offers rather tempting. im just keeping my eye open for new stuff mate.

ime you cant fail with sin city stuff tbh mate i did there cherry fuel a while back and it to was some superb dank, bit unstable and a stretchy bitch but each pheno was a tart cherry with hints of fuel ,smoggy fuel with hint of cherry or some were in between.. proper lip smacking stuff with a wicked punch. quite fancy the power purps regs or an og xblue power from the fem line next time i get some sin city gear.

midwest

Generally, asking about a competing businesses on someone's site will yield you answers like the ones you got

apothecary are not rip off artists. It really isn't that hard to get an og kush clone and make some crosses

Cannavore

Veteran
Maybe some people like to buy sketchy beans @ $100 a pack where the pictures are stolen, and they use an "MALE OG" that could be any thing just to move seeds, how do we know what the offspring looks like if they are stealing pictures? Couple that with Bret's reputation, yeah I'll pass, its truly a no brainer to me.

Being that this is posted on a site that doesn't stock Apothecary gear is irrelevant. I'm just a consumer that tries to research before he buys.

Identical pictures:
98 Bubba Kush (Apoth) = pre98 Bubba bx2 (swerve)
Tahoe OG (Apoth) = Tahoe OG (swerve)
Louis XIII (apoth) = Jedi kush (swerve)
Lemon OG (apoth) = Lemon OG (DNA)
Skywalker OG & Regulator OG (apoth) = Julius Caesar (swerve)
Platinum OG (apoth) = deadhead og (swerve)

**not too sure on the last one, they just look really similar**
I'd bet there are others, I just don't care to keep comparing pictures.

World renowned breeder, can't even show 50% of his offerings cause his pictures are fake.
bb.png

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
^ Impossible, Ken Estes invented Grand Daddy Purple.

How can 2 ppl have invented the same thing ?????

I smell bullshit.

What is with all these cannabis con-men from cali.

Cannavore

Veteran
Lol.

Are any of those strains even popular out west? Pezz I thought was an old PNW clone, Grape Ape and GDP are usually classified as two different cuts. Guy has fucking trademarks and shit.

guy fawkes

Veteran
^ Impossible, Ken Estes invented Grand Daddy Purple.

How can 2 ppl have invented the same thing ?????

I smell bullshit.

What is with all these cannabis con-men from cali.

he also says gdp and grape ape are one and the same, i thought it look and sounded a bit to good so that why i asked on here.

Stdane

Posted on Strainhunters Forums a couple of years ago,but it should give a general idea of how this individual conduct business;

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

Sorry i havent been on lately guys ive been So Busy

Just want to Give Everbody a heads up

On September 1 2011 our collective hired Bret Bogue from Apothecary Genetics to be the head cultivator, because of his multiple Cannabis Cups and knowledge.

For the first two weeks it started off ok he worked alot and redesigned the grow. then it was time to bring in the strains he created. Kai Kush, Grape Ape, Sour Grape, Pezz, Chem Dog, Goo, Livity.

He brought in 150 clones that werent rooted and had spider mites, we tried treating them but most didnt make it.

The folowing week his farm got raided and the police took all his plants, after talking to him about it i learned he had NO SEEDS!

How do you create strains and not have seeds?

Bret said not to worry he had another farm up north in Mendo and he would get clones the following week.

Three weeks later still no clones and Bret started showing up less and less, then he didnt show up for almost 2 weeks

And kept hiring more and more helpers, The collective agreed that we didnt need his services anymore (or lack there off)

On October 1 they told Bret that his services were no longer needed

Bret wanted to get paid for all of Oct even though he was'nt going to work in Oct, he started threatining a lawsuit (He brags about suing other people)

On October 5 Bret said that if he didnt get 15000 by friday (Oct 7) he was going to call the police and warned me and the other helpers he hired to stay away from the buildings next week.

I guess im stupid! I never thought that somebody as well known as him would ever call the police

Not to mention that all he's done since 96 is work in the marijuana industry.

On October 13 i went to the buildings to do some electrical work and as i left the building i got pulled over by Los Angeles County Sheriff

They had a search warrant and raided the building took all the plants and equipment and arrested me.

I am just a handyman!

When we got to the police station the cop was asking me questions, he had a notebook and i noticed that it had questions and responses. before the responses it said CI Bret

Then as they walked me to get finger printed, i saw behind a tinted glass window a video of the grow that Bret had took

So in short BEWARE of Bret Bogue and Apothecary Genetics

I noticed his website is shut down now( probably due to lack of funds)

Ya its just blows my mind that anybody in this industry could do something like that. in my opinion that is the worst sin you can commit

And by the way way i have proff of everything Voicemails, texts, emails,(video if the police return it) etc

I think this says it all about have anything to do with a scum like that....Karma is a hefty bitch!:ying:

moondawg

I find it comical when folks make statements that the photographs of one company are really stolen from pics of another companys strains. Holy smokesHow in heavens name would a person know?

You could use dozens of strains to make the same assertion, but ill use sour bubble plant and assure you that beside a Black Domina plant, only the most experienced of growers could discern the difference. There is only a slight difference in color of the plant.

Ive grown landrace Hindu kush a couple of times and once youve grown pure kush, you can spot Kush genetics in dozens of strains due to some unique characteristics of leaf design. Blueberry has some dominant traits regaurding stem color/strength/bud structure, etc that you can spot in dozens of crosess that even a 20 yr blueberry lover like me cant be clear about. You can line up a dozen sativa leaning BB/sativa crosses and all of them will look somewhat similar. Its the same for bb/indica crosses. Many look very similar all the way throug the grow cycle.

I recently grew our a few Darkstars from Th seeds. In the same room i had some Nirvana AK48's and if i hadnt had the plants tagged, i couldnt have seperated the plants!!

Ive grown 8- 10 packs of seeds or more over the past 15 yrs or so and im telling you many of them are very similar in their appearance.

I would never attempt to use appearance as a way to discern a strain origin or genetics. There are just too many that look just alike. The same color, heighth, leaf size and structure-.

Thats me talkin anyway.

GUY, buddy i grew out Greenhouse seeds "chemdog" and Greehouse states that thier cut of this strain is from the Apotacary. I dont have a clue whether or not the genetics they are selling are of the original chemdog or not, but i can tell you that the seeds they are selling produce an impressive plant of exceptional potency and my god its as cheap as hell. It may be one of the best deals on the web at 40$. Its a high quality plant with exceptional potency whatever its origin and genetic makeup

ECtraveler

Veteran
I find it comical when folks make statements that the photographs of one company are really stolen from pics of another companys strains. Holy smokesHow in heavens name would a person know?
Seriously? How would someone know if the picture they took of the plant they looked at everyday for months was actually theirs?

Normally when one takes an image they are proud of it will stick out like a sore thumb when seen elsewhere.

*IMO extremely subtle differences are easy to pick out even to the untrained eye and it's beyond obvious when a pic is lifted.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seriously? How would someone know if the picture they took of the plant they looked at everyday for months was actually theirs?

Normally when one takes an image they are proud of it will stick out like a sore thumb when seen elsewhere.

*IMO extremely subtle differences are easy to pick out even to the untrained eye and it's beyond obvious when a pic is lifted.

Picture "lifted" from icmag :)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=159889

Cannavore

Veteran
I guess all it takes is basic sloppy Photoshop work to trick some of you. I'll be sure to remember that in case I ever start up a shady seed company.

lemon-og-apothecary.jpg

DNA-LemonOG.jpg

bubba-kush-apothecary.jpg

pre-98-bubba-fem.jpg

The backgrounds were removed with some kind of filtering tool (its been years since ive used photoshop) and the images were reversed horizontally, and centered.

Stdane

Nice work Cannivore,atleast you took an effort to make these,Apothecary didn't even bother with that,they just took the pics they needed from other seedvendors,to present their "new" line-up.And funny when hearing about Apothecary,strains like Waldo Pez and Livity pops into mind.But apperently its been to hard move these strains in the Og Kush-frenzy,so whadda you do? Hell buy up a shitload of Kush strains and make seeds,jeez if Swerve can make a regular Chem '91,why shouldn't Mr.Bogue make a regular pre '98 Bubba Kush....hell yea, its all in a days work man.:biggrin:
If you've got some years of growing on yer resume,it shouldn't be a problem to spot these con artist,but then again its not us they're living of,its the newbies who thinks "Whoaa the Original Bubba is back"...gimme-gimme-gimme!!:woohoo:

Ps; Nice point Raco, thumbsup!

Latest posts

Latest posts