What's new

Apollo 600w HPS/MH Switchable/Dimmable Review

jd4083

Veteran
I've been digging my Apollo products so far. Can't beat the price and the quality is at least on par with other brands, some considerably more expensive...

jocat

I have 4 1000w, well i did have 4, 3 of them died in the last month after 6mths use, but the amazon team paid for the return and gave me a full refund, i had no luck with the apollo warentee, my e mails were returned and i was a little pissed at myself for falling for the 3 yr BS, i also have some 600's that i consider emergency spares but i won't depend on them, so for me i think there OK but i wouldn't buy them anywhere but amazon.

DemonTrich

Veteran
buy from Lowballer on amazon. dude always takes care of me. and ask for free shipping, he most like will always hook you up.

I've never had a problem with any Apollo stuff. If you have doubts once you get the ballast in the mail, open it up and look inside at the circuitry. It's very well put together and you can tell it was put together with care. Take apart another bargain brand and you'll cry when you see all of the bare wire and random loose screws.

order 2 last year was missing screws in the kit. contacted lowballer and he sent em right out. Great service and so far they working great.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I just picked up a returned 600 unit for $51. Came with a 90 day guarantee from loballer.

My 400 Apollo is still running fine after 5-6 runs but those Ace Sativas I'm running now need more sun.

I saved enough to buy a Ushio Opti Red, too

DemonTrich

Veteran
do NOT run ushio super reds in Apollo ballasts. the bulb and ballast will instantly BLOW up and fail. trust me, I blew 3 ballasts and 3 brans new ushio bulbs in under 10 seconds of them firing up. they are not compatible with each other.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Makes me wonder if there are old Ushio's out there that were different. I'm curious.

My bulb showed up today. It says AHS 600 Opti - Red.

I'll cross my fingers when I fire up.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I had 2 of the new appollo ballasts and 1 of the older style ballasts. 3 new ushio bulbs. within 5 seconds the ballasts and bulbs were fried. trust me, I would have loved to run ushio bulbs and give them a shot vs the Apollo bulbs.

That is definitely not the norm though, not sure what to tell you but I've always run ushio bulbs on my Apollo ballasts since I first got them.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
time will tell how long they last...wonder whats the oldest electronic ballast still going...have had mags for 14 plus years going before...yeehaw....I am looking for a few electronic myself..last I had was lumatek...

DemonTrich

Veteran
next is pulling the trigger on 4x gavita DE's. im tired of fucking around with crap you can only run 1 bulb in.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Just a followup:

The Ushio OptiRed worked in my Apollo 600. It fired up with no hitch.

I was surprised at how white it appeared to the naked eye. It must have been to do with its sheer brightness - nearly twice the generic 400 bulb.

Then I was surprised again to see how red the Ushio appears to my camera!

>
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts