What's new

Apollo 13

Cannavore

Veteran
Yeah they were released under motas label but breeder Mendel preserved the line. I have two packs in the fridge, gonna pop a couple soon =)
Did your A13s need support in flower?

O

OrganicOzarks

Yes they were floppy ass bitches. My grows look funny because you see a hundred bamboo sticks pocking up everywhere. You do have to watch out not to poke an eye.:)

Weyenot

Those are some fine looking buds OO, mighty fine indeed; they look pretty resinous and the coloring is nice too! Did all the branches fill out like those, or was there some popcorn going on? Ive heard about them being floppy, apparently they lived up to that; maybe an outcross would help that? I just popped some Genius/DC so I will be interesting to see how that affects the flop. I do want to check out some pure A13 eventually though.
Thanks for sharing!

O

OrganicOzarks

Those are some fine looking buds OO, mighty fine indeed; they look pretty resinous and the coloring is nice too! Did all the branches fill out like those, or was there some popcorn going on? Ive heard about them being floppy, apparently they lived up to that; maybe an outcross would help that? I just popped some Genius/DC so I will be interesting to see how that affects the flop. I do want to check out some pure A13 eventually though.
Thanks for sharing!

There was some popcorn, but not a lot. The buds were not huge by any means. This is my second round with her. I feel the third round will be the winner. One of my favorites in the stable right now.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I got some of Subcool's Apollo, this makes me want to pop those beans. Great looking herb as usual OrganicO'.

Weyenot

There was some popcorn, but not a lot. The buds were not huge by any means. This is my second round with her. I feel the third round will be the winner. One of my favorites in the stable right now.

Personally I dont see popcorn as a negative, as long as quality is there! Details intrigue me so I asked......have you determined the pheno? Im still learning about this one but it does seem like there is a little variety at least; did you grow out many from seed and did you notice much variation?
I firmly believe it takes time to be able to see a plants full potential; maybe the third round will be even better?:)

O

OrganicOzarks

Personally I dont see popcorn as a negative, as long as quality is there! Details intrigue me so I asked......have you determined the pheno? Im still learning about this one but it does seem like there is a little variety at least; did you grow out many from seed and did you notice much variation?
I firmly believe it takes time to be able to see a plants full potential; maybe the third round will be even better?:)

There was some variance from the pack I popped. This lady had smaller buds, was lankier, more floppy, but had the best trich production. The others were nice, but this one was clearly a better smoke. I thought this one was not going to be the winner as it appeared to be the runt. However after testing her she was the best. I don't grow her for yields. She yields shit. I grow her for personal smoke. It is in my top 3 right now.

Dkgrower

Veteran
Nice, i got some of those seed aswell how long did u take em

Edit what stock did breeder mendel use ?

Cannavore

Veteran
Nice, i got some of those seed aswell how long did u take em

Edit what stock did breeder mendel use ?
"Hi there everyone I did this seed run last spring. 24 beans were sprouted and all plants were grown to mature size and crossed in a big pollen orgy. I believe there were 17 females and 7 males. All plants were used. The various phenos that this line is known for were present, the indica gorilla arm phenos, a few genius phenos, and of course mixed phenos.

The seed source is two friends of mine who used to be partners in Northern california. They started with Bros. Grimm Apollo 13 f1's and bred them to f3's in a greenhouse, over the span of several yrs. The population used was always in excess of 50 plants. All males and females were used in the crosses. I did the f3---->f4 cross indoors, so this is the first gen that wasnt done under the sun. The resulting seeds would be f4's, and depending of your definition of inbred, an IBL.

No plants have been excluded in any of these generational crosses. The goal of this long term project is to preserve apollo 13 without bottlenecking or eliminating any of the lines varied expressions. There are no intersex (hermi) problems with this line, so it was thought best to proceed in this fashion with the project.

regards, mendel"

I germinated two A13's both came up in 24 hours.

Cannavore

Veteran
Here's my two A13's from Mota & Mendel.

Hope you don't mind Ozarks :)

Vigorous, uniform, and easy growing. I'm excited to say the least.

picture.php

Swayze

OrganicBuds,

I just picked up some of Subcools Apollo-13 BX seeds. Did you ever grow yours out? Anything I should look out for?

nukklehead

just curious what the lineage/relationship to mendel/mota
to subcools variety is..

Grew subcools a while back and was some kick ass shit..

wish I would have save her...

I remember mota from O.G.

Also had some of his herijuana before it went down and that was
kick ass shit also.... but again lost it..

see a pattern of a loser...????

aw well so many seeds so little time.. :biggrin: