What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apartments in amsterdam

Queso

Hey everyone

I am planning to goto amsterdam for a few months and am looking for an apartment to stay in. Does anyone know any good ones or any good websites to book apartments.

thank you in advance

G

Citymindo.com, amsterdamapartments.nl, simplyamsterdam.com
Try these, citymundo being the cheapest.
Peace
MOD

Queso

thx goodbluesky... i have been to amsterdam. its quite the place to be. i think its worth the price. ;)

thanks MOD.. those are some good sites!

much apreciated

G

Just my 2 cents but i tent to buy what i need at the Albert Hyne store and the Albert Culp market so i save money. I cook in the apt and take my water with me. I buy 10 kinds of beer at the store cheap and enjoy it with my weed in the apt. I have actually taken rice and some other things so i could have my brand and save money.lol
I am not cheap, i spent lots on seeds but i can cook better than most resturants there.IMO. We baked several chickens last time and they were consumed eagerly:)
Off topic i know but a nice way to stay.
Peace
MOD

Last edited:

GoodbyeBlueSky

yeah, definately eat in your place as often as you can. it makes everything much cheaper. failing that, french fries (with mayo... mmmm) are a cheap and filling way to stave off hunger...

hit me with a pm when your in the city queso, maybe i'll have some time to hang out in the 'dam...

peace

Niemand

KALISTROYER said:
Just my 2 cents but i tent to buy what i need at the Albert Hyne store and the Albert Culp market so i save money. I cook in the apt and take my water with me. I buy 10 kinds of beer at the store cheap and enjoy it with my weed in the apt. I have actually taken rice and some other things so i could have my brand and save money.lol
I am not cheap, i spent lots on seeds but i can cook better than most resturants there.IMO. We baked several chickens last time and they were consumed eagerly:)
Off topic i know but a nice way to stay.
Peace
MOD

No Didout, MOD.....

You can ALWAYS find me at the Albert Heijn, getting fresh fruit and daily supplies...

The big Albert Heijn USED to have cooked Roasters, which were great for inexpensive, decent meals.....

In fact, I have run into more people on line at Albert Heijn (John from Grey Area was one such) or going to and from the market than I do in the coffeeshops!

Nice to see you "moving on up" there MOD..... When your old handle was "guested" I had a sinking feeling BUT was very happy to hear from OP that you are around and thriving!

The highlight and lowlight of my trip revolved around YOU!...

Loved the KaliMist Destroyer, definately the highlight, along with your extremely generous personality, your Indica you also shared and the RM's SSH!!!

The LOWLIGHT was when I gave your mix seeds to some guy from Spain who was a true Sativa head, but somehow I lost his email address!! I KNOW the seeds will be grown out lovingly but.......

I look FORWARD to seedbay re-opening and hopefully being 1st in line for some KMD seeds! I hope you decide to go that route!

Im heading back in August, Oct and November (As well as next April (Maybe Feb if I can arrange it) so if you are going to be around ANY of those months send me a PM....

Now back to Apartments.......

1 thing to remember...... MOST not all.... of Adam apartments are on the TOP FLOOR of a very narrow stairway!! When you are young and strong that means NOTHING..... but for tired old farts like me.....

I LOOK FOR ground floor apartments or better yet, like the place I stay now, with an ELEVATOR! Just something to consider.... Really only a MAJOR pain on move in and move out day BUT.... at the end of a very smoke filled and canal walking day looking at 3 flights of stairs MAY be daunting!

Keep looking.... You may find a 3 floor apartment with an elevator and a rooftop garden growing some primo ganja to call your home away from home!

Jah Bless

P.S. Oh yeah.... I once stayed at an apartment where the bathroom was soooo small, you had to know what you were doing before you got there. It was either walk in forward or back in......

G

Great times were had Niemand. Look forward to next year. Thank you for your kind words Neimand and hello to your wife too.
Peace
MOD
ps What he says about the room at the top of the stairs is true.

G

just walking around the town will work your legs out, everyday I had to take a hot bath just to make my legs stop hurting, ill be back in Amsterdam in Oct.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
There's also another store, it's on the main shopping street quite near the end on the left, nearly as far down as de Damkring. Not sure what it's called though :chin: It's like a giant walk in buffet restaurant type thing, they have everything from organic pizza, steak, sandwiches, pasta,.....you name it they got it, great for munchies :yummy: :D

B

baccas125

One bit of advise if your renting an appartment. Make sure its not directly over a cheese shop. I had a place like that once we couldn't open the dam widows for fear of the smell. :joint:

Last edited:
G

Guest 10952

Try Simply Amsterdam they have a awesome selection. Also you can phone or email Eden Hotel BestWestern they have very nice apartments for rent. Good luck and have fun.

G

Simply amsteram.com has one 3000sqft apt for 300 a night. Two kitchens, 3 bathrooms and 5 beds plus a day bed. If you want nice this is it a 1500 ft garden and across from the Amnesia. For several people this works out to the cheapest per sq ft in the city, short of Bobs Youth hostel. I have stayed at Bobs, in 1986.lol
Peace
MOD

Queso

goodbyebluesky - for sure, i would love to burn a big one with ya one day.

Kali - thanks for the tips man, maybe i will see ya around there as well

alex F - thanks , hopefully i can find it

niemend - i laughed pretty hard to comment on ur bathroom situation...lol good stuff... im pretty young so i dont think stairs will be that bad, the last time i was there i witnessed some deadly staircases myself, so i will try and stay away , but who knows. Thanks for the tips as well.

baccas - i will make sure i dont stay above any cheese shops.. haha

Last edited:
G

would anyone happen to know a good site to find a permanant apartment or house to rent in amsterdam. I tried using yahoo search but it kept giving me temporary/vacation apt.s. I am looking to move to holland very soon and I need to find out where to look for a place to live. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

p.s.
It doesnt have to be just apts in the city, as long as its within 50 miles or so that would be fine, so any help finding a permanant home in the suburbs or someting also would help a great deal.