What's new

Apartment operation

S

silent_lemon

yes, but what about exhausting into the wall? would it actually work to get rid of the hot air? or am i looking at a moldy wall and studs?

S

silent_lemon

yep people say exhaust into the attic, or draw from, why not the wall?

it's really that or the window, but im getting "no" vibes from the window. not a fan of exhausting out the window in 'winter'

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
All interior and exterior walls are capped off at the top, usually with 2 2x4s. So if you want to vent into the attic via the wall, you would have to drill some holes through the stacked 2x4s.
This is assuming your dwelling is built to code.

M

milehighmedical

yes, but what about exhausting into the wall? would it actually work to get rid of the hot air? or am i looking at a moldy wall and studs?

Um... if you think you can push air into your wall and have it exit at some point, you must have a verrry cold house. The inside of that wall should be sealed up nice and tight so you can stay warm at night.

As for the mold, that would depend on the humidity of your exhausted air.

S

silent_lemon

well it's an apartment.

a friend of mine exhausts into his ceiling, but he's on the top floor, so i guess that constitutes some sort of vacuous area for the air to dissipate in...

im in the ground floor, and need somewhere else to vent into than the front of the building window near the front entrance.

so i was thinking id drill a hole in the wall behind the tent and pump it in there, the air would rise, hopefully somewhere else.

i had a look in the wall and theyre empty, fairly anyways, no insulation wtf? and it's a 40-45 year old apartment building.

natrone23

silent lemon I live on the second floor of a 3 story apartment building and i vent my A/c exhaust into the cieling via a 6 inch hole I cut into the drywall. there is is about a 2 foot space inbetween floors and i guess all the hot air dissipated through the building somehow out vents in the roof or something

The a/c exhaust blows very hard and hot and this works pretty good I've been doing it for 2 years so I don't see why you couldn't do the smame thing with a small fan to cool your light

natrone23

who says you cant run an apartment op:joint:

walk in closet cfls for veg and a 400 and 600w for flower with a 11,000 btu portable A/C

clone and veg

Attachments

• DSCF1225.jpg
    DSCF1225.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF1226.jpg
    DSCF1226.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF1230.jpg
    DSCF1230.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF1228.jpg
    DSCF1228.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 6
S

silent_lemon

looking spiffy mate! i have basically the same thing going on here now. i think im totally going to drill it into the ceiling. i wonder if rushing air is easily heard underfloor?

natrone23

My a/c is pretty loud and it blows hot exhaust like mother and I have people living on the other side of the wall.

I actually had the opputunity to check the sound in the ajacent apartment, it was empty at the time so I was able to turn on my A/c and gp around to the other apartments with shared walls and I couildn't hear a dam thing so I think you should be fine

S

silent_lemon

45 year old apartment with little insulation in the walls compared to your....

edit - the upstairs tenants are vacuuming...SO LOUD.

natrone23

I live in a warm climate so I don't think there is insulation in the walls or inbetween floors

When I cut the hole into the cieling drywall there was about 2 foot gap between floors and i could see some braces supporting the floor and plywood which I guess is the sub flloor of the upstairs apartment

The apartment complex is prob 20 years old

this is in the U.S

do you live in California?

do you live in California?

go to a doctor and get your 215 paperwork. my Doctor allows me less than 90 plants and 6 pounds of dried flowers.

montana5991

Stealth.. I got some pics of how I stealthed up my grow. just for you guys =D

SO this is my "Fo" Closet. The pics will take you through the closet into my veg room. My flower room is at the end of the veg room inside a closet. Check out my current grow in my sig to see more.

more on the way.

Peace.
that is fucking awesome. one of the best stealth's i've ever seen

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of the hardest parts of apt growing is learning to let go.

Sometimes you have to ditch your grow 6 weeks in to flowering and walk away with no regrets.

It's all about the mentality.

Safety and freedom ALWAYS outweight weed.

You can always crop out a few times a year.

Latest posts

Latest posts