What's new

Apartment medical growing

Buju09

5 grams a day is my guess? with a single grow/yr and hitting 1 lb a light. Seems fair to me if you were sick, or defined by a doctor to benefit from it.

Also would seem fair to me, if you just wanted to smoke it for pleasure too but to each their own :D

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any issues with just running exhaust out the window through a carbon filter and then maybe some ona in the ducting?

I plan on using air-cooled shades and only 4 or 6 x 600w lighting. Might grow Jammers or something sweeter smelling too to avoid smell

Exhaust it out the bathroom fan or dryer exhaust.

DO NO use a swamp chiller. I fucking flooded a condo once and it cost me 7000.

mithra

well greens that probably would work out to be a bit in excess of five grams per day, with most indica med strains. If he was using a sativa perhaps a bit less.
Hey, as I stated just asking.
I know your a huge proponent of med cannabis, and well, Im not. The abuse of the present laws will lessen with the impending new legislation im sure. But to say that there isnt wide spread abuse is, well, bullshit.
But then we will have corporations growing med cannabis. Which is a mixed blessing, on the one hand the meds will be of the highest quality, but the movement toward eventual decriminalization will be thwarted. Want to legally smoke cannabis? Go to the doctor and ask for a prescription,it will be that easy,because the corporations growing the meds will lobby the government to ease up on the prescription protocol for cannabis. More patients, more profit.
Think Im wildly exaggerating ? I dont think so.
It should be legalized, but that isnt going to happen anytime soon. In the mean time we should be striving for decriminalization for personal use. And the right to grow so many plants per person. If med users cant grow enough under that protocol then they could buy excess from sanctioned med growers, like, well you.:biggrin:

P

Prairie Boy

The amount of light used in med grows isn't always related to quantity,its about quality.I'll be running 4000 for 3/grm prescription.
Outa curiosity,how is large corperate growers gonna make quality of meds better,didn't they try that already?

Cheers PB

Last edited:

mithra

Do you have a lab that can read parts per million of mold, harmful bacteria, chemical insecticide residue, other added growth enhancing hormones that many growers use, sometimes unbeknownst to them? And chemical fertilizer residue ?
A commercial grower will have that equipment, in fact he will probably be forced to do such tests in the future. This will insure a fantastic product, but narrow the number of players in the field.
Once cannabis is "Medicalized"your right to grow your own medicine will be nil. You cant grow your own poppies to make opium, because its a ''drug'', why do you think you'l be able to grow your own cannabis, when it too is a medical drug?

Buju09

@mithra
you're allowed to grow poppies, from what I understood 10 plants or less. could be tripping.

However the fact you're ready to believe that big pharma will deliver this quality control alarms me.

Read the symptoms lists of many drugs, not to mention drugs that pass our safety tests then get recalled down the road.

I dream of a world where we could grow cannabis like tomatoes :D

mithra

Hey Buju, well I guess you could take samples in to get tested and certified pure, but the cost could be prohibitive. Under the new legislature levels of purity are demanded to be attained in order for growers to be licensed as med providers. It takes money to have the equipment used for testing, and trained personnel, non of which are cheap. Now it may be that present growers will pay for these services, from a private lab. Hey Im just speculating here, who knows what the future holds.
Perhaps there isnt enough money in medcannabis to interest big pharma, and in that case small companies like what Chimera seems to be getting involved in may be the future.
In any case the future of decriminalized cannabis isnt helped in any way by the med scene, in my opinion.
And I know of no allowable amount of opium poppies allowed under the present laws. Law enforcers may ignore small amounts of plant, at their discretion.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any issues with just running exhaust out the window through a carbon filter and then maybe some ona in the ducting?

I plan on using air-cooled shades and only 4 or 6 x 600w lighting. Might grow Jammers or something sweeter smelling too to avoid smell
hiya, rudegoldberg, i am in a penthouse in london and have experienced what your up against, fortunatly own our property now, so no fucker is getting past the front door,my main concern would be temp controls, running that sort of power in an apartment will require a big exhaust fan, in my room, no amount of glue or staples or foil tape would hold the anti-detection sheeting plastic up apart from nailing it to the wall, a air-con unit will be a necessesity as will an ozone generator, it gets unbelievably hot when your high up also be mindful of the noise all our equipement makes ,i now have no immediate neighbours but noise was my enemy in past grows in apartments, make sure you have a excellant scrubber and sure you will be fine,good luck, peace and safe growing s2