What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apartment above me

monkeyman

So I just had a weird thing happen. A maintenence guy came into my apartment today on a "emergency" visit while I was home. The woman in the apartment above me was complaining about smoke coming into her apartment.

A few minutes ago, that same woman came down and told me that there is a "leak" between our two apartments and asked if I could not smoke (my cigerettes) inside the apartment because she could smell it up there.

Now I am faced with a number of problems. First of all, I don't want to have to go outside to smoke every time I want a cigerette. I think its crap that I can't smoke in my own home. Second..what happens when I am smoking something other then cigerettes?

Finally and most importantly, I wonder if she can hear into my apartment too. I don't know if I am being overlly paranoid or not but if she can then its possible she may have heard my girlfriend and I talking about the grow.

Any suggestions on what to do? Any ideas how I might be able to find this leak and plug it?

bloodshot

Did you check all over your sealing for cracks/leans in the boards/drywall? Best way would be to find this crack/misplaced board and cover it so you can smoke it peace.

G

Mr. Invisible said:
tell her to kiss your ass. its a free country and you'll smoke all u fuckin want to. if she keeps bothering u tell her to stay out of your business. she will leave u alone totally and will most likely move away.
As self-satisfiing as this ^^^ sounds, don't. If you piss her off she gets the upper hand. If she DOES one day smell reefer she WILL call the cops. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice.

Seed

monkeyman

Yeah, I am going to get some of that foam sealent stuff tomorrow and go over the apartment and fill in anything that looks like a crack

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Um, you're in an apartment, you don't have to do anything! Tell maintenance what she said, and have them fix it. That's thier job, and it's one of the very few benefits of an apartment.

monkeyman

NiteTiger said:
Um, you're in an apartment, you don't have to do anything! Tell maintenance what she said, and have them fix it. That's thier job, and it's one of the very few benefits of an apartment.

Yeah, i'd prefer to just not have them poking around my apartment.

She was pleasent about it and I've never met her before. She barely spoke any english, so I am hoping it won't be a problem.

.♠.

Is the smell going through the ducting, perhaps the AC vents?

If so you could place a towel or some such over the offending vents while you are toking, and just step outside while you smoke.

Take care

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
pieceofmyheart said:
You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

i never caught flies with neither of those...

but just be nice to the lady, offer to help her move her furniture around (someone always wants to move a couch... beleive me), or give her a six pack of beer. Just make a nice gesture and she'll be more lienent towards you and your smells.

I always do that the first week of a new apartment to all my immediate neighbors. And i've never had the cops called, for smells, parties, noise, or general shinanigans. Then again, some neighbors are just born dicks and there is nothing you can do but move or make them move.... most likely not the later

G

could be a ducting problem ,,maybe a backdraft shutter not closing properly,,,put an incence candle near any vents to try an disguise the smoke smell

G

I've lived in many apt's over the years & not a cig smoker. Sometimes I could smell the smoker next door if their window was cracked open & mine was as well. Might want to shut the windows whenever you smoke......whatever you smoke.

It's hard to imagine what could lead to smell from one apt. to the other unless the place is completely falling apart. Perhaps the bathroom & kitchen ventilation systems are interconnected.

Just some thoughts.

Bh

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
in the part of south america where i live, we re-named ciggies to Babylons.
maybe the lady is trying to tell you to stop inhaling that nasty smoke.
the herb is enough and makes you shine.
peace!

G

If i were you i would just get a small ozone generator or one of those ionic breeze fans they both work good.

Latest posts

Latest posts