What's new

Anyone use MaxiBloom in coco?

M

mrred

Has anyone used Maxibloom with coco? if so what coco? with what additives?

Should I be ok with 1 gram epsom salt per gallon? Im thinking about Canna coco or some other coco, Powdered Maxibloom for all stage of flowering ,Powdered Koolbloom at the end. How good would that work?

Work2much

I went through a small bag of it recently and it had planty of Mag in it.

H@G roots excel
Fluorilicious Plus

I think Canna coco is the best brand available, at least of what I've tried. I still flush down to about 5.8 run-off as CC starts at 7.1 with 5.8 going in.

Maxibloom is a great product really, so simple, results are similar to FNB or GH 6/9 etc etc.

slowandeasy

Veteran
I went through a small bag of it recently and it had planty of Mag in it.

H@G roots excel
Fluorilicious Plus

I think Canna coco is the best brand available, at least of what I've tried. I still flush down to about 5.8 run-off as CC starts at 7.1 with 5.8 going in.

Maxibloom is a great product really, so simple, results are similar to FNB or GH 6/9 etc etc.

What levels did you run? How much FL+? did you use this in veg also?

Work2much

What levels did you run? How much FL+? did you use this in veg also?

I used 1 teaspoon of MB per gallon in flower all the way through.

FP+ I used 1/2 ml per gallon. I believe thats 50% of the reccomended dose. I used this as soon as the clones were well rooted untill I began to flush 10 days before harvest.

I used to use Liquid Karma for my base additive, I've been happy with the switch to FP+. Good all around helper additive. Solves problems that haven't even become problems yet.

Hope that helps.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Lowes now carries Burpee coco bricks that they call "seed starting concentrate".

Its a bit coarser than canna coco, which I prefer, and it costs less at $2.47 for a two pack of bricks that expand to about a gallon and a half each.

I've been using it without washing or conditioning it and have had no issues.

That stuff is full of salts! Ck the ppm,mine was 700 right off the brick. Would rinse if I were you!

slowandeasy

Veteran
I used 1 teaspoon of MB per gallon in flower all the way through.

FP+ I used 1/2 ml per gallon. I believe thats 50% of the reccomended dose. I used this as soon as the clones were well rooted untill I began to flush 10 days before harvest.

I used to use Liquid Karma for my base additive, I've been happy with the switch to FP+. Good all around helper additive. Solves problems that haven't even become problems yet.

Hope that helps.

Do you use it in Veg? What is your EC/PPM? I used maxi for 2 runs in DWC, easy nutes...just need a good mixing to dissolve. Just switched to Coco and using 6/9, with a few minor issues. Gonna use Maxi on some clones, once rooted to see what works better. Thanks for the help!

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran

Should I be ok with 1 gram epsom salt per gallon? Im thinking about Canna coco or some other coco, Powdered Maxibloom for all stage of flowering ,Powdered Koolbloom at the end. How good would that work?

I used it on one of my tables last run. Canna coco, 1ml Floralicious plus/gallon, CalMag(2ml/gal veg, 3ml/gal bloom). Added Maxigrow to EC 1.3 in veg and up to 1.7-1.8 EC in bloom. No problems and a very nice harvest. Had the same strains on the second table and got a larger harvest using the FNG and FNB with the same 2 additives.
Easy way to use Maxigrow/bloom is to put some powder in a juice bottle(1/2 gallon) add some warm water and shake the shit outta it. Then add to the res as needed to the target ppm/ec. I do the same thing with Kool Bloom.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I started using it instead of Liquid Karma in my res. A little goes a long way.

From the GH site-

Floralicious Plus
Its all in there! Floralicious Plus is a super concentrated blend of plant, marine, and mineral extracts. Floralicious Plus is a one part nutrient additive to be used throughout the plants growing cycle.

Floralicious Plus contains the natural building blocks of life and is used in addition to your regular fertilizer program.

Floralicious Plus enhances mineral nutrient uptake and transport in your plants. The active carbon technology facilitates the conversion and biosynthesis of complex secondary aromatic compounds. Floralicious Plus enhances metabolic growth, promotes flower development, encourages fruit swelling, and facilitates essential oil production. Floralicious Plus will also encourage beneficial microbial activity in the root zone.

Floralicious Plus means plants with incredible flavor and extraordinary yield!

hazy

Veteran
You need to find Dongle69's thread. She's not around now, but was a maxibloom fan. Search it out, it's worth it.

Maxi is great in coco with no additives, although Floralicious plus adds a nice touch.
dongle69 still has a thread at canna cabana with all the pics...

G

Guest 18340

If you're using tap water then you won't need epsom salt. Even if I had a cal/mag issue I still wouldn't use the salt, I'd use cal/mag.
I use nothing but Maxibloom and tap, and I can tell you first hand that it ROCKS!
Look thru my gallery at all my C99 pics-those were all grown using Maxibloom.
I'm just finishing up a run and I used the exact things youre asking, except the salt.
I also use Maxibloom for veg.
I veg under t-5's so I go 3/4 tsp/gal during veg and 1 tsp/gal first day of 12/12. The week before flush time I add powdered koolbloom at full strength to the maxibloom for about 5 days.
So, to answer your question, don't use salt unless you see a def first. But the 1 tsp/gal of Maxibloom and the powder KB at the end, that is a winning combo brother. I can tell you that by experience.
In fact, the pic Mosca uses to advertise his C99 BX, that plant was grown by me, in coco using nothing but 300ppm tapwater and 1 tsp/gal Maxibloom.
Evl

slowandeasy

Veteran
If you're using tap water then you won't need epsom salt. Even if I had a cal/mag issue I still wouldn't use the salt, I'd use cal/mag.
I use nothing but Maxibloom and tap, and I can tell you first hand that it ROCKS!
Look thru my gallery at all my C99 pics-those were all grown using Maxibloom.
I'm just finishing up a run and I used the exact things youre asking, except the salt.
I also use Maxibloom for veg.
I veg under t-5's so I go 3/4 tsp/gal during veg and 1 tsp/gal first day of 12/12. The week before flush time I add powdered koolbloom at full strength to the maxibloom for about 5 days.
So, to answer your question, don't use salt unless you see a def first. But the 1 tsp/gal of Maxibloom and the powder KB at the end, that is a winning combo brother. I can tell you that by experience.
In fact, the pic Mosca uses to advertise his C99 BX, that plant was grown by me, in coco using nothing but 300ppm tapwater and 1 tsp/gal Maxibloom.
Evl

Do you measure your EC/PPM? I used RO water and Maxi for 2 runs in DWC...had minor Cal-Mag issue on a couple plants. Not sure how much Magi-Cal to use if I try it in Coco?

G

Guest 18340

Do you measure your EC/PPM? I used RO water and Maxi for 2 runs in DWC...had minor Cal-Mag issue on a couple plants. Not sure how much Magi-Cal to use if I try it in Coco?
Use tap water. Or 50/50 ro/tap. I use tap (300ppm) and never have a cla/mag issue. Another grower I know uses 50/50 and his garden is picture perfect. Yet another grower I know who recently switched to Maxibloom also uses tap water. You can paly around with adding cal/mag or salt but tap is just so much easier. I've used pure ro water and tap water plants look/grow/smell/taste/burn no different.
The theory behind Maxibloom is that it is the lucas ratio in powder form. Therefore, when measured it works out that 1 tsp/gal = Lucas 8/16.
Yes, using tap water will up ec/ppm slightly but I find it works perfectly.
Give it a try.
Check out this site, www.lucasformula.com

slowandeasy

Veteran
For some reason my plants do not dig the tap water. It is only 100 ppm, and seems to cause problems. Every plant I have tried it on gets screwed up spots on them. I really wish the tap would work, but they dont do well. That is why I use RO water, maybe because it is only 100ppm I still get def? I will try it one more time using Maxi on 2 clones, then I know if it is the tap water or not. Just started uing Magi-Cal with the RO, and they plants all look much better. Gonna do a side by side with the 6/9 formula and Maxi with Floralicious + once my clones root. I used Maxi 2 times in RO and before that used FNB both in DWC, so I know they are both Lucas 1 part nutes that work well. Just switched to Coco, and want to see what works best. Thanks for the tips

slowandeasy

Veteran
thanks for the info, what ph do you water them at?

Right now 5.7, but that is another experiment I am going to do with the clones. Gonna do 5.6, 5.8, 6.0 on clones and see what they like the best. 1st time doing coco, so I am willing to experiment to get things dialed in faster. If you keep everything at the same level, you might be missing out.

SARSIPPIUS

Botanicare coco, MaxiBloom, & FPlus is a winning recipe for me.
Tap at 5.8. RTW. 1 to 1.5 tsp per gallon.
I mix tomorrow's today.

Latest posts

Latest posts