What's new

anyone use biocanna?

Does anyone have experience with biocannna? I'm 3 weeks into flower and its giving me some problems. Is it true you don't have to worry about ph when using bio terra plus with bio canna? how often do you feed? did you get good results with it? did you run into any problems?
Ive been feeding every other watering and not worrying too much about ph its usually around 6.4-6.7 anyhow. A few of my plants are starting to look pretty bad, If anyone that's used this line could give me some advice it would be appreciated.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
I use it and I get great result from it. I use the full line, and I don't adjust ph. Really biocanna works great along with my organic soil. U can't go wrong with it IME. I wondering why it ain't working for you. Is terra plus hot soil mix?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use it and have been for years,,i use a small amount of bio vega ,,bio flores and bio accelarator,,,some pics of my present runs,,i keep a ph 6/3 to 6/5 and a low ec,,never had any problems with there feed,,,good luck,,,s2

I've been following the feeding chart. I ran veg nutes through week 3 of flower to avoid the low N problems everyone talks about with biocanna. I usually feed every other watering, I also use cannazyme, bio boost, and rhizotonic. I was under the impression ph wasn't a big deal with the biocanna line, and that it was very hard to overfeed. Here's what my plants look like.

I use it and I get great result from it. I use the full line, and I don't adjust ph. Really biocanna works great along with my organic soil. U can't go wrong with it IME. I wondering why it ain't working for you. Is terra plus hot soil mix?
I don't think its too hot, the bag says not to worry about ph and that's its extremely hard to overfeed when using biocanna with bio terra plus. It is full of fungus gnats though. How often do you feed? The plants never look burned so I don't think I'm over feeding.... also how many weeks into to flower do you run bio vega? I went 3 weeks, is that too long? maybe I have a P deficiency?

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
I don't think its too hot, the bag says not to worry about ph and that's its extremely hard to overfeed when using biocanna with bio terra plus. It is full of fungus gnats though. How often do you feed? The plants never look burned so I don't think I'm over feeding.... also how many weeks into to flower do you run bio vega? I went 3 weeks, is that too long? maybe I have a P deficiency?

Could u tell me whats the strain? I never use their soil, I use biobizz lightmix and had a tone of perlite to it. Sometimes up to 50%, to help aerate the soil and help him to dry faster in 7gal. How big are those pot? Seems like those are a bit too big for those pot, knowing they are in early flower stage, they might end up root-bound. Also I think they are over watered maybe they way the leafs are curved. The brown dot on the yellow leafs reminds a sign of P deficiency or Cal-Mg indeed.

I usually don't use bio-vega in flower, or not pass 10 days depending on the strains. I use nutes every watering on the big feeders I run such as MobBoss. Else, for light feeders, I cut it in half and use water only form time to time.

There are three strains. The pics are of southern lights, They are the ones looking the worst. Also I have ghost train haze 8 that are starting to do the same thing just not as severe. And wifi, but they look perfect. The pots are 3 gallon. They are small but I think its probably a bit late to transplant although I could if you think it would help. I didn't bargain on them stretching out so much. They almost tripled in size after 12/12.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Their plus range soil contains no nutrients.

Elevator Man switched from reg canna line to bio line and said he found you had to feed at the maximum amount if not a bit more. He never ph tested.

So my advice...use tap water and don't ph (tap water is alkaline...mutes acid), feed stronger dosages.

Granger2

Veteran
Monk,
I guess you must mean YOUR tap water. There are thousands of water suppliers and many different tap waters with lots of variation. And then there are all the wells. Best to get the Water Quality Report from your supplier. Good luck. -granger

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
There are three strains. The pics are of southern lights, They are the ones looking the worst. Also I have ghost train haze 8 that are starting to do the same thing just not as severe. And wifi, but they look perfect. The pots are 3 gallon. They are small but I think its probably a bit late to transplant although I could if you think it would help. I didn't bargain on them stretching out so much. They almost tripled in size after 12/12.

So what nute are u using exactly? Any additives? Have you look if there's any spider mites, broad mites or root aphids?

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Maybe overwatering, which can bring in fungus gnats. An you may have a root rot issue developing from the looks of your plants. Whenever I had a clogged line an lost a plant in hydro this is what the plant does when the roots are suffocating from the lack of oxy in the rhizosphere. It can also cause a show of a ph issue like your seeing in the leaves. IMHO. Good luck.

A

AlterEgo860

with biovega gotta feed into week 3 of flower.. so u don't get the early yellowing.. basicly u use vega and flower.. together at week 3.. so 2 weeks with vega in flower..

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
with biovega gotta feed into week 3 of flower.. so u don't get the early yellowing.. basicly u use vega and flower.. together at week 3.. so 2 weeks with vega in flower..
Wow,.......helps to read the thread bro. He already stated he did that. I think a couple times....

KITCHA

Veteran
If you only use the biocanna every other watering are you ph'ing the water when your not feeding? Could be the problem.

Maybe overwatering, which can bring in fungus gnats. An you may have a root rot issue developing from the looks of your plants. Whenever I had a clogged line an lost a plant in hydro this is what the plant does when the roots are suffocating from the lack of oxy in the rhizosphere. It can also cause a show of a ph issue like your seeing in the leaves. IMHO. Good luck.
This is the first time I've had to deal with fungus gnats. The bags of bio terra plus are full of the little bastards. I'll never buy bio terra plus again. a few days after I opened the bags there where hundreds of gnats. I just put the plants into bigger pots to see if it would help, The roots look healthy and white. I probably did overwater a few times when I applied the vectobac. Wanted to be sure it got a good soak. My real worry is why the lower leaves are going crispy and discolored. time will tell I guess. I hope they can make it another 6-7 weeks

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
I'm using bio flores, rhizotonic, cannazyme, and bio boost. no pests other than the fungus gnats.

I'm using those with great result since 3 years. I have grown at least 30 strain, and never had such problem with biocanna. I'm thinking maybe root rot from bad drainage, although I'm not sure since this soil dry pretty fast. What make me think of this is the fact that the wifi is doing well. `lift the pot see how heavy they are compare to your wifi.

Latest posts

Latest posts