What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone use a Tippmann paintball pistol?

thailer

i want to buy a Tippmann paintball pistol and am curious if anyone else has used one. how many shots can they shoot with one cartridge? as the CO2 cartridge runs out, do the paint balls have enough power to break on impact? how quick can i reload the CO2 cartridge and magazine?

i do not know anything about paintball. thanks for any help.

Weaboo

i want to buy a Tippmann paintball pistol and am curious if anyone else has used one. how many shots can they shoot with one cartridge? as the CO2 cartridge runs out, do the paint balls have enough power to break on impact? how quick can i reload the CO2 cartridge and magazine?

i do not know anything about paintball. thanks for any help.

hi. they can shoot about 20 balls on 1 cartridge CO2. yes they should all splatter on impact but you do sometimes get the oddball that doesnt. it takes a bit i would say about a good minute or 2, the ideal option really is to have multiple magazines.

now, CO2 paintball and airsoft are only as good as the weather allows. if its cold outside you will be practically unable to use it. there is a workaround where you use a refillable cartridge and use air instead of CO2 but that is a costly and complicated process. best thing for a beginner is a "regular" paintball gun running on air. you wont have issues with performance drop and wild fluctuations in velocity, they take seconds to reload, are easy to clean and maintain, they have larger air and magazine capacity, plus they also have the barrel lenght to actually be somewhat accurate. and for gods sake get a good fullface mask and some antifog spray.

i would suggest you buy one of these -

Spyder Victor

Tippmann Cronus

Tipmann TMC

shithawk420

Veteran
Only 20 shots per co2 cartidge? That don't sound even worth it unless your rich.thats more expensive than shooting a real firearm

Weaboo

Only 20 shots per co2 cartidge? That don't sound even worth it unless your rich.thats more expensive than shooting a real firearm

yes. a 68 cubic inch, 4500 PSI tank will get you about 1200-1300 shots off one fill of air. its also better for the environment to use because you refill the same cylinder instead of using disposable ones.

thailer

they sell the tippmann remarketed as the Salt Supply Self Defense gun with a $100+ markup on price. it shoots powdered pepper and tear gas balls that explode into a fine dust with a 5' radius forcing them to breath it in.

i have a human pest that needs deterring but washington state isn't friendly towards guns in a grow operation which is where this is happening at. so not if, but when i go to use it, i will also get in trouble and it's not worth it to me nor fair.

it isn't even ideal for self defense because the cartridge once the seal is broken will slowly leak out over a week. so i would have to use fresh cartridges just so the gun works and it is not something you can leave by your bed for that one occasion and expect it to work or be able to load a new cartridge when you're in a stressful situation quickly. some people are not effected by the pepper and tear gas too.

anyways, i decided that it was stupid self defense and i bought better security cameras that have a more reliable alert on my phone. long story short, it won't be much of an issue for a long time after next week, he will be gone for close to a year. i'm hoping to just move out of the area. thanks guys!

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm sorry this isn't related but I've run out of ideas.i cant find this goddamn thing.ive got a crosman pro77 co2 blowback pistol but I can't find the damn peice you screw the co2 into.i thought maybe you guys might know where to get it.in the manual them call it a piercing knob.its basically a screw on cap.anybody know where I might find this thing? I looked hours on the net

thailer

I'm sorry this isn't related but I've run out of ideas.i cant find this goddamn thing.ive got a crosman pro77 co2 blowback pistol but I can't find the damn peice you screw the co2 into.i thought maybe you guys might know where to get it.in the manual them call it a piercing knob.its basically a screw on cap.anybody know where I might find this thing? I looked hours on the net

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/articles/203664184-Who-can-help-fix-my-airgun-

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/articles/203927400-How-do-I-order-parts-online-

Weaboo

is this what you are looking for?

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Crosman_Piercing_Pin_For_Crosman_PRO77_CO2_BB_Pistols/4305

shithawk420

Veteran

I don't think so.i saw that exact same item on that exact same website .I think that's a piece at the top of the part where you insert the co2.the part I'm talking about is threaded and you screw the co2 in from the bottom.i just found this gun after like 5 years.thanks guys.guess I'll just have to call them.i don't have a credit or debit card though

TPFTFW

Veteran
you can obviously buy much larger tanks lol
they're only a couple bucks to fill up and most avid players have their own large (20+#) capacity tanks they think fill up the liter size ones with you actually use

I loved both paintball and air soft but I gravitated more to air soft

the 98 custom from Tippmann is a fantastic model to buy as its INCREEDIBLY customizable

for better stock options there may be better around in same price range im not on the up and up anymore

what I can tell you is if this is at all related to pepper balls, they dont work very well lol