What's new

Anyone see Valasquez vs. Dos Santos

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
im not sure..

but it wants to be called a chick and ill be damned ifin ima argue with it!
you see the way she is threading that right down the pipe?

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Lets see GSP try to out box Nick Diaz....

I really really really want GSP to get his ass kicked for all 5 rounds....but I personally believe GSP will realize in about the 2nd that Diaz's hands are fucking lethal...he'll probably shoot on him and try to wrestle him around a bit but Diaz will submit him pretty fast if it hits the ground...

Nick Diaz is the truth...I was a doubter for a long time...but his skills are insane.

GSP is gonna be safe and clean out Diaz's Clock.GSP is the people Champ.One hit on that bonehead and Daiz is going down like it's a habit.

Danks2005

I don't like Diaz the person. But Diaz the fighter is tough, has heart, great hands, and fantastic jiu jitsu. I'd like to see GSP take it, and I think he will. But Diaz could very well surprise us.

Danks2005

OK here's the end of the fight in super-slow-mo Jangles-Vision with pauses on each hit.

imYKUHXZV4U0K.gif

What I've concluded after watching it a bunch is that the last few hits were definitely to the side of the head, BUT, the hit just before those (the 2nd hit in the gif) that I called "glancing" earlier was actually a pretty direct hit to the back of the head/neck and appears to be the one that does the final KO, as you can see Cain go completely limp immediately after that blow.

Show was pretty much over by then anyways, but thought we'd hash this out properly since it came up.

Also, some of you may not be aware, but we have a discussion thread for each UFC event over in the sports & recreation forum - https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65618

Personal request tho - please keep the unhelpful post ratings out of the UFC event threads, just not how we've been rolling over there for a long time now. :thanks:

I thought it was a blow to the back of the head that made him go limp. I do agree that the show was pretty much over at that point anyway. But they could have let him up, gave him 5 min to recover. Not so much to be fair but to have given us more than a 1min fight.

Had no idea ufc was discussed over there. Thanks!

Diaz is the real deal. I'll take him over GSP in a 5 round fight. He has better cardio than anyone in the UFC. He has the reach advantage and his high volume style could make it hard for GSP to shoot. Diaz is very good off his back and wont be subbed by GSP, The only way I can see GSP winning is by lay and pray. I just dont think he'll be able to do it for five rounds without getting caught or TKO'd against Diaz.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
IMO, GSP will show Diaz what the jab is all about. Diaz didn't knock out BJ and BJ allowed Diaz to unload. I think GSP will be much harder to hit and he'll be jabbing the whole time.

I predict a close 5 rounder.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
IMO, GSP will show Diaz what the jab is all about. Diaz didn't knock out BJ and BJ allowed Diaz to unload. I think GSP will be much harder to hit and he'll be jabbing the whole time.

I predict a close 5 rounder.

I think pretty much the same...gsp will def work the jab and avoid diaz strikes and prob take him out in 4th rnd

Aksala

GSP is gonna be safe and clean out Diaz's Clock.GSP is the people Champ.One hit on that bonehead and Daiz is going down like it's a habit.

That comment makes no sense...

Being safe for GSP in this fight is trying to lay on him for 5 rounds....if GSP tries to "one hit on that bonehead" he is going to be destroyed...he can't box with Diaz...it would be absolute insanity by GSP.

Go watch some Diaz video's and then realize he is now waaaay better than any of those video's show him....

The only part of GSP's game that is better than Diaz is wrestling....and he's more athletic...

But as far as skill goes? Diaz is way more skilled than GSP...

That little baby jab may be able to tame a guy like Koscheck that has only been using his hands for a few years...but understand that Nick Diaz was a phone call away from being a professional boxer.....the dude's hands are unreal...its so fun to watch...

His brother is damn near the same...that fight with Donald Cerrone is gonna be awesome.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
IMO, GSP doesn't carry the knock out punch but he'll feed his jab all night. Josh Koscheck was supposed to knock-out GSP - didn't happen. To beat GSP, Diaz will have to hit GSP and I don't think that's gonna be as easy as an out-of-gas BJ Penn.

Diaz might outscore GSP but I don't think he's gonna get a knock-out or submission.

Danks2005

That comment makes no sense...

Being safe for GSP in this fight is trying to lay on him for 5 rounds....if GSP tries to "one hit on that bonehead" he is going to be destroyed...he can't box with Diaz...it would be absolute insanity by GSP.

Go watch some Diaz video's and then realize he is now waaaay better than any of those video's show him....

The only part of GSP's game that is better than Diaz is wrestling....and he's more athletic...

But as far as skill goes? Diaz is way more skilled than GSP...

That little baby jab may be able to tame a guy like Koscheck that has only been using his hands for a few years...but understand that Nick Diaz was a phone call away from being a professional boxer.....the dude's hands are unreal...its so fun to watch...

His brother is damn near the same...that fight with Donald Cerrone is gonna be awesome.

I agree, Diaz is much better than some give him credit for. I think some don't like his attitude and therefore blow him off, plus he is kind of scrawny. But his hands are fantastic and so is his jiu jitsu. He is also tough, we've seen him get beat up then pull out the win late in the third. If GSP tries to box Diaz, I don't think it will end well for GSP. GSP is stronger and is a better wrestler. His safest bet would be to wrestle Diaz. I think GSP is to smart of a fighter to get caught up in Diaz's game. My prediction is a boring lay n pray, or relentless ground n pound by GSP (like his rematch with Matt Serra, that hurt to watch, and I don't say that often, an absolute ass whoopin).

Danks2005

IMO, GSP doesn't carry the knock out punch but he'll feed his jab all night. Josh Koscheck was supposed to knock-out GSP - didn't happen. To beat GSP, Diaz will have to hit GSP and I don't think that's gonna be as easy as an out-of-gas BJ Penn.

Diaz might outscore GSP but I don't think he's gonna get a knock-out or submission.

When it comes to standup, Josh Koscheck only has a strong right. GSP new this and avoided it all night. No way Koscheck was going to ko GSP with his right. He is wrestler, has not been striking long. Though GSP does not have the pedigree, he is an outstanding wrestler. Koscheck found this out the hard way, was forced to stand up for 5 rounds, and never got close with his right hand. I am not a fan of fighters playing it safe, but this was a brilliant fight for GSP.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I'll admit GSP often plays it safe or at least looks measured. I don't think he'll have that luxury with Diaz.

I'm not thrilled with Diaz' persona but when he's in the ring he's just a fighter. If he wins the belt I wish him all the best.

Aksala

When it comes to standup, Josh Koscheck only has a strong right. GSP new this and avoided it all night. No way Koscheck was going to ko GSP with his right. He is wrestler, has not been striking long. Though GSP does not have the pedigree, he is an outstanding wrestler. Koscheck found this out the hard way, was forced to stand up for 5 rounds, and never got close with his right hand. I am not a fan of fighters playing it safe, but this was a brilliant fight for GSP.

Ya...Koscheck found out that getting hit over and over with a jab is the same thing as not checking leg kicks...

I'm with u thinking GSP will want to get it to the ground...I just don't see him being able to succeed there either...Diaz imo is a nightmare matchup for GSP...

Diaz has better Cardio...better stand up...better jujitsu...a better chin...is a monster off his back...

GSP has strength/wrestling...maybe speed if you take into account his ability to shoot...

In mma...pretty much any fighter can beat any fighter...so I'm not about to make guarantee's but Diaz just matches up VERY well with GSP...

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it would be hilarious if Diaz played GSP's "get the decision" game and just fought to beat him on points in every round.

Not going to happen, but imagining him doing it on purpose is really making me laugh. Like GSP would never see it coming and is all counting on Diaz being less controlled than himself, swinging for the fences or whatever.

Makes me think of an old episode of Star Trek TNG where Data beats this grandmaster dude at a video game by playing for a draw instead of trying to beat him outright. Fucks the master dude's strategy right up and Data ends up winning.

:abduct:

Latest posts

Latest posts