What's new

anyone remember station wagons ??

whodair

Veteran
"haulin' ass" 69 bonne 428/390hp
picture.php

Sabudda

Hell ya, s'all my old man drove until I was 10. ('76) He drove Chevy's.
Sittin' backwards rocked..

gomer

I remember station wagons from the 1960s. They used to stick all the kids in the space in the back while the adults sat on the two bench seats. I got to join my parents in the front seat after I barfed from car sickness in the back a couple of times. I never liked station wagon travel much after that. Now I wish I had one.

My father built a big box that he mounted on the roof of our Chevy wagon. When we rolled into Yosemite National Park we had so much camping crap it took all afternoon to unload and set up. Those station wagons were great for hauling a lot of stuff.

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
vista cruiser, complete with fine columbian gold,a blanket and steeley dan..if the cruiser is rockin' don't come a knockin'..

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
ya man we had a station wagon used, way after they were cool in the late 80's. Me and siblings called it the BEAST, hated it, but roomy as hell

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
My folks had a 60 Ford with all the options of the day 390 cu in 4 bbl that car was a tank and flew for it size.

E

EvilTwin

My first car was a 1962 Rambler station wagon. Reclining seats for sleeping (or sex) , a 22 gal gas tank and decent mileage so I could go 400 miles between fill-up. I bought it in the middle of the worst blizzard of 1970, loaded up all my crap and my girlfriend and I headed south to San Diego. Sunshine and palm trees were never more appreciated.
ET

Sleepy

Veteran
yep, we had a Vista Cruiser, too!!

350 ROCKET!

reverse facing back seat...moon windows and all!!

Norrath

i grew up with station wagons too! Only a few years later than all of you... 93 ford taurus? I remember the DAY my parents bought it brand new. What a mistake that was. oh well

E

EvilTwin

Hey wait...they didn't make a GTO station wagon! Alaskan must have sneaked that one in on us... lol It would certainly be a great ride though.
ET

gomer

I started to say the factory made station wagons. While looking for proof I discovered the conversion kit. GTO station wagons did come from the dealer. I'm not sure where the conversion kit was added.
phswagon2.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts