What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone recognize this ak47 phenotype??

Samson4

Veteran
Looking at the pictures closly, it almost looks like it is a clone and not from seed. Not saying you are lying, just looks odd.

TGT

It is a clone, that is stated in the first post. It was grown from a pack of feminised serious seeds ak. The mother plant had to be thrown out because of complications. I've noticed an incense and pine smell now that it has rooted. Which, took about 4 weeks to finally do so. The smell from this little thing is crazy.

Samson4

Veteran
Update

Update

This thing smells so good, I'm actually thinking about saving the leaves to make essential oil for a candle. Purple streaked stems with maroon branches. Here are a couple pics.

DRorganic

Veteran
could be an answer because its from a pack of fem seeds . but keep it and make it a mother plant . my plants from seed never come out like the clone after i grow it 2 times .hold on to it for experimental value . i have grown ak for like 3 years from a pack of seeds that i bought in early 2000 . and had 3 cherry phenos . 2 where sativa and one was indaca. the indaca
would knock your socks off and the sativa would make you scared from hart palpitations. i am more of a sativa man. so i liked the sativa more. i do have a pack in the fridge that i can not wait to grow out.

So ak47 does have Mexican gens in it and i have had a Mexican plant once i grew out that was like nevill haze .but it smelled like a pine tree . or pine sol . i loved it so much i crossed it to ak47 . and i found one pheno that gave me 1 pound under a 600 hps .and in a 5 gallon pot and feed with earth juice fertilizer . well good luck and keep this thread updated.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Here's a pic I took last night of my Serious AK47 indica-leaning pheno from a pack I got in 2005:
picture.php
(She smells like fruity hash.)

If you've got a bunch of great seeds waiting to pop and limited space, I'd kill it and keep rolling.

If you've got nothing better to do, give it a chance. Why not?

Samson4

Veteran
More pics.

More pics.

I tried to emphasize irregular growth. Fan leaves at the same node would differ in size and shape. Don't know if it's genetic or environment though..

Samson4

Veteran
Updates

Updates

She is in week two of flower. She has really thin red branches that are stiff and woody. Like little twigs. Starting to smell like fruitloops and coffee.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Anti;
How long did your indica pheno flower?

I typically go on day 65 of 12/12. I have pulled at 63 and at 67 before, just to see the difference.

I judge by trich, but it's almost always "ready" at 65 days.

I've been growing clones of my original AK for the last two years. Love her!

(50/50 amber/cloudy)

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
Those plants could be healthier. what kind of soil do you have and what are you feeding them/how often? This reminds me a lot of an AK48 pheno ive had, specifically the fruitloopy funk and the purple woody-ness. But your main stems should not be that red, and you leaves look a little pale and got some tip issues. Soil looks a little sketchy.

but lookin good! I love AK, and you prob will too.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had 6 females out of my pack (reg. male/female pack) and none of them resembled that pic.

Samson4

Veteran
Anti, so you sea of green her? That pot is interesting to me. How much soil does it hold?

MadBuddhaAbuser; the soil is a mix of peat, coir, castings and perlite. I feed them organic teas. She is very picky about nutrients, but, the tip issues are largely unrelated. I just recently added another 400 watt cmh to my grow. That is the cause of the burned tips.

croniholic, i too had a pack of six. This is the only one that looks like this. The rest looked completely unrelated to it, but similar to each other.

The Real McCoy, I'd love to see a pic or two. Give me something to look forward to.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Anti, so you sea of green her? That pot is interesting to me. How much soil does it hold?

Yeah. I grow under CFL at the moment (going vert in a few months.) That being said, I need small plants and lots of 'em.

That container is approximately 10" tall x 2.5" x 2.5".

It has a volume of about 29 oz.

My cab is 23" tall. So this means my plants can get about 13" tall before they hit the glass that separates the lights from the plants.

Cab was designed with this style of grow in mind. I can fit 36 of those containers in at once. You have to harvest perpetually to get those kinds of yields from each plant. If you simply started 36 at once each plant would yield significantly less because there'd be much less side-lighting for lower branches.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I see. Does the ak grown like that on it's own or do you have to prune branches?

My belief is that the shape of the container (deep and thin vs. short and wide) has something to do with the lack of branching. Occasionally, for whatever reason (part of plant that was cloned?) some plants do shoot off a few branches near the base. Clip 'em off by the 2nd week of 12/12 if they show up and they make awesome clones.

(You can do it later, but why let the plant spend energy developing them?)

The ones in most recent pictures did NOT have any trimming done to achieve the effect.

The Bulk

My belief is that the shape of the container (deep and thin vs. short and wide) has something to do with the lack of branching. Occasionally, for whatever reason (part of plant that was cloned?) some plants do shoot off a few branches near the base. Clip 'em off by the 2nd week of 12/12 if they show up and they make awesome clones.

(You can do it later, but why let the plant spend energy developing them?)

The ones in most recent pictures did NOT have any trimming done to achieve the effect.

Very nice!!!!!!Did you get to see how stable the Serious strain was,like did you find that mother out of one pack of seeds.Really tempted to get/try that strain......

Samson4

Veteran
She finished at 10 weeks from clone. I pulled her at 80 cloudy/20 amber. After about a 2 week dry, she smells very minty. Like after dinner mints or those heart shaped valentines day candies with "be mine" on them. Yield was amongst the lowest.

I'll try my best to get a smoke report done on this one. In a sentence, I'd describe the high as eye opening and startling. I felt like I got called on by the preacher at church...eye's widened, hearing tuned, enhanced alertness and quite shocked....cerebral.