What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone reccomend affordable grow light off eBay??

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Got a spot I wanna try some led lights finally..Need a recommendation of a decent company making lights that are affordable...Thanks ..yeehaw..

Bobby Boucher

I don’t know if he’s still makin them for folks, but ichabod built a few members some Samsung strip fixtures awhile back. It’s a badass light, and it wasn’t much more expensive than if I had built it myself.

I dunno if he’s still doing that though. For the price it seemed like more of a charitable gesture than anything else.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Howdy Trout!

Check out the Fishsticks thread and ask those chaps, they have been getting outstanding results.

Hope to see you around!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Looking for lighting a 4x4 area..Mars has some decent looking gear..I just want a decent deal on a decent product..Unlike mh and HP's I am not qualified to work on led stuff so when it fails it is trash..I don't need latest greatest just decent units..Yeehaw ..thanx for replies been way too long away from here

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i have a 4x3.5ft tent- using 2x315 cmh's which i dont think is enough light - i had bought '3' vipar 300w led- i thought the sucked big time n gave em away - i need side lighting, and while i think that the mars hydro '3' year warr is a bunch of bull$hit (its really 3mos) , i bought one of their ts600 which is they say 150w - rite out of the box, it def looks brighter then the vipar 300, and by a lot... BUT after turning it on, i touched the front panel, n received a nice 110volt shock - i emailed em and awaiting a reply... but it does look brite

TheDarkStorm

Mars ts series....plus ther a sponsor here an hav a account here so you can msg ther rep if you need any help with questions

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I had pretty much the same criteria when I was recently looking to light up my 2x2 tent. I ended up going with a Viparspectra unit, based entirely on price. I got their v600 which claims to be able to light a 2.5 x 2.5 flowering area at 24" high. It uses an actual power draw of 260 watts. My first harvest from under it was more than 7 ounces, which was somewhere around .75 grams per watt. Here's a link to a post in my journal, when it was harvested. That was one plant that was vegged for like a month and flowered for 12 weeks. I'm probably going to be buying another Viparspectra for my 3x3, the v900, because of the good experience I had. Here's an ebay link.

I have ethical concerns with Mars Hydro, in large part due to their actions on cannabis forums (maybe not here so much, I honestly don't know, but verifiably elsewhere on the internet).

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I have ethical concerns with Mars Hydro, in large part due to their actions on cannabis forums (maybe not here so much, I honestly don't know, but verifiably elsewhere on the internet).

Are you sure it is Mars Hydro you are speaking about? I cannot find anything

dddaver

Veteran
Hey trout. Good to see ya, welcome home.

I think this is about as good a deal as you're gonna get.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mars-Hydro...693622?hash=item3ceaa499f6:g:XpIAAOSwIUddP~ID
I paid that much for a hlg100. I'm using that hlg right now in a 2x2 along with another Mars Hydro 300W. I still have an inline cooling. I think you'll find you need to. But those quantum boards are the way to go and the Mars's versions are very competitive.

On a sad note, you most likely saw our old partner in crime S4L passed. Very sad.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Check out Quick Bloom Lights for Quantum Boards, they beat their ebay price on a HLG135 V2 Rspec by going direct to them.

thailer

i literally just finished dealing with getting a refund for a floodlight security camera that wouldn't power up. the ebay seller ordered it from amazon through his seller account there and sent it to me even though i ordered from ebay. it didn't work when i hardwired it and i returned it but the whole thing was a huge mess. had to start a dispute resolution because amazon had my camera and he had the returned money plus the money i paid.

so if it don't work, make sure you start the refund through ebay's process and not just by contacting them and pay with paypal.

also, i think you could wire a light and fix one if you looked into it. i think someone videotaped a ten year old building a LED grow light somewhere. lol i was really surprised on how easy it was to hardwire a light. i think it would just be tedious work to build a LED.

I use 2 Viparspectra 450 in a 2x4 ft cabinet grow. I like the versatility of the flower/veg switches 200 watts each at the plug. I get 18-20 inches of penetration with 8-10 inches above the canopy. Ebay has them, 200 watts each at the plug. That is a cheap throw away option. you need 3 or 4 for that space.
If I was starting fresh in a 4 X 4 spot I would use 4 HLG Saber or similar because they are air cooled and have no moving parts, not on Ebay unfortunately

Latest posts

Latest posts