What's new

Anyone know how to make cannabis suckers or lollipops?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You must hit 300F to have cooked out enough water to end up with hard candy instead of taffy.

I add the cannabis and flavoring oil after it has cooled back down below 230F.

Cinnamon Cannapops

2 Cup sugar
2/3 Cup honey
3/4 Cup water
1 Dram Loranne Oils Cinnamon candy oil concentrate
1 Teaspoon Loranne Hot Chili favor booster (optional to make hotter)
1 Dram BHO cannabis oil concentrate
. Powdered sugar as needed

Start by extracting the cannabis oil from trim using BHO techniques. Collect raw extract and re-dissolve in 190 proof ethanol.

Place ethanol/raw cannabis oil mixture in 240/250F oil bath and boil until bubbling ceases.

You can skip this step if you have well purged oil decarboxylated oil, but this step assists in eliminating any residual PET ether, with attendant flavor and decarboxylates the oil to make it orally active.

Add Cinnamon oil (and hot chili oil) and stir until mixed. Set aside.

Mix the sugar, honey, and water in a pot and place in an oil bath at 375F. Mix well while beginning warming and then cease stirring until the mixture reaches 300F.

Remove from oil bath and allow to cool until it reaches ~230F. Add cannabis cinnamon oil mixture and stir until mixed. Do not inhale the fumes that come off during mixing and avoid eye contact with the fumes.

Spoon mixture into prepared lollypop molds, or pour onto cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with Pam.

Score material in pan in ¼ grid pattern with a Pam lubricated knife as it cools.

Allow to cool until semi rigid, and then remove lollypops from the mold and coat them and the sheet lightly with powdered sugar to eliminate stickiness.

Titrate to determine dosage using ¼” scored squares.

Bon appetite! Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort………….

GW

Could you melt existing store bought hard candies and add the hash?

Just did this with Jolly Ranchers - worked great. Just as someone said before, add a little water and a little corn syrup to help with the melt down. Bring it up to 300F and then take it off and mix it in your BHO. Put into candy molds.

I would suggest BHO, not hash. The candies still have that hashy taste but its just a hint and they are still very sweet and enjoyable (I also enjoy chewing on stems so I may be biased).

I am still working out the dosing - I put about 1.2 grams of BHO into what was originally 16 jolly ranchers. In the candy molds I had this ended up making 48 hard candies. I just ate 2 about 40 minutes ago and I am already feeling pretty good.

peace,
sg

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^love some jolly ranchers!!
u could also add alcohol tincture to that right?

i follow a regular card candy recipe, basically sugar corn syrup and water cooked together till it gets thick and pulls (drop a tiny bit in cool water to see if it goes hard)
then last minute take it off the heat, pour in like 2 oz of alcohol cannabis tincure w flavor and color
stir like mad
pour into mold (i use a big flexible metal pan oiled up, it all just crackles off, like in breaking bad... the blue stuff lol)