What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone here own a Scotty?

T

The Strain Man

Just wondering if any of you own this breed of dog I got my first scotty when I was 8yrs old and have had one ever since I know a quite a bit about this breed I'm just wondering if there very popular over there and are the dogs over there bigger than here, I've heard they are. My first one was almost 40 pounds he was very strong and a brave fearless creature he looked kind of like a little pig anyways just thought I'd ask, God Bless all Scottys :thank you:

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got a long haired jack russell and to be honest it kind of looks alot like a scotty, i think it may be a cross. Funny little dogs, loads of character. This one tries to speak, it's hilarious the noises it makes.

T

tonto

had a scotty many years ago:badday:, ridiculously cute and adorable, great companions and surprisingly good guard dogs, crazy vet bills though. are scottys generally good with kids?

T

The Strain Man

they pretty good with kids my last scott had a great temprament he never lashed out at anyone even when another dog would snap at him he would just turn the other cheek so to speak . your right the vet bills are crazy with this breed they get alot of ear infections cuz the way there ears are made, my vet told me the scottys in scotland are a little bigger than the ones here.

T

The Strain Man

I've got a long haired jack russell and to be honest it kind of looks alot like a scotty, i think it may be a cross. Funny little dogs, loads of character. This one tries to speak, it's hilarious the noises it makes.

yeah those jack russell a very smart dogs they maybe a little more easy to train than a scotty, they are hard to train kind of like a cat imo.

headseed

I'm in the U.S. My parents have two female scottish terriers and I love them! I've had alot of good dogs growing up, but these two are fantastic. I visit them often!

T

The Strain Man

cool there great dogs arnt they , the thing about the females is you have to make sure there spayed if your not going to breed them or they may have problems later in life I lost one a little early doc said she would of lived longer if she was spayed.