What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone here choke your friends out?

My 11 yr old nephew has been in a Gracie backed school for 3 years now. It teaches respect IMO, good thing and he loves it, I'm begging him to join wrestling when he gets in Jr High. When you put wrestling & brazilian JJ together its a inccredable package. The most dominant fighters in pride/mma *were* US collegic ex champs like coleman & kerr. But they changed the rules because of these guys. Nobody wanted any part of kerr before the rule changes. Bas said Mark was the most dominant fighter ever in his early prime.

Yeah if he took wrestling that would really propel his jiu jitsu immensely because bjj people can't stand up and wrestle for shit anyways unless they have a wrestling or strong judo background.

diggle

^^^^That's some serious cognitive dissonance you've got going there....really neat rationalization too...

If you consider yourself a principled person, you probably wouldn't participate in an activity that you KNOW is stupid and/or wrong...but I'm guessing you're about 15 therefore you are likely to do alot of weird crap to fit in.....getting by as the 'safety' guy was your ticket to participating w/o taking any of the risk.

Last edited:

diggle

Alright if you say so....even though all that crap you just said sounds like further justification that allows you to dodge the central issue....wanna go strangle some hobos?

Last edited:

EastCoast

So I'm the only one on here that trains bjj?? Where's all the hot brazilian chicks who train bjj, grow chronic.. and also use icmag??

Instead I got DR.Phil over here talking to our young amsterdam prodigy!

Latest posts

Latest posts