What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone have or use a Kindle?

anyone have or use a Kindle?

• Basic 6" Kindle....... $139

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Basic 6" Kindle with 3G... $189

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Premium 9.7" Kindle with 3G.... $379

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

no wi-fi in the house & so I have already bought the 6" Display w/3G so I can download books from home, thanks for all of your help and input.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

just got an email saying that:

"Your Kindle is automatically registered to the same Amazon.com account you used to make your purchase. This enables you to shop, purchase, and download books, newspapers and magazines wirelessly from your Kindle right out of the box."

which I think is awful cool & thoughtful of them, of course it just makes ordering ea$ier for you & them the first time out.......

I should have it Monday according to the tracking info.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I have it charging but am reading through the instructions and features of the Kindle. This thing is fantastic & I can't for the life of me fathom why elementary, high schools and universities wouldn't put all of their text books on these units for students to use.

my eyes have gotten so bad over the years that I've virtually stopped reading news print and anything else I can't get on my computer, this technology has lifted my spirits and will return to me one of my fondest pleasures again, I wonder if I can get Penthouse Forums on this thing.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

downloaded my 1st novel and am digging it hard, easy to use and read. I'll certainly be ordering one of the 'Lighted Leather Kindle Covers' to house/protect the unit from excessive wear as I can see this being dragged around by me a lot.

the print is so easy to see and read that I'm using a smaller font than I thought I'd need to reap the benefit of Kindle.

Thnx again for all the input and advice above on buying the proper unit. 3G was the way to go w/out a wi-fi signal here.

Tronic

Stoner, and all i guess...

FYI you can read ANY .pdf file on a Kindle, or an iPad.

Search torrents for .pdf e-books or shoot me a PM and I can shoot you over some safe links.

T

tuinman

I'm a seriously heavy Kindle user, there's a couple of tips that've made my life much easier:

1) Get Calibre - you can use this to automatically download all of those blog/magazine/newspaper subscriptions for free - it can be set up for emailing to you (small cost) or whenever you plug your Kindle into your computer, as well as manage and convert ebooks for you

2) Pick up a screen protector!! I use the invisibleShield, especially with the covers - I had a tiny piece of grit get stuck on the inside of my cover, flipped it closed after reading, and opened it up to find a nice long scratch down the middle of my screen. Drove me nuts.

Latest posts

Latest posts